Administrator
posted September 27, 2001 02:11 AM            
Read the "clean the air" thread.I don't fell like posting it all again

------------------
Mod Packs,Weekly Polls,Links, and Other Files...Storage/Download

IP:

Dreamer
posted September 27, 2001 05:08 AM         
8pm EST? That would be an unfair advantage for our american friends...

What about 8am EST? That would be 2pm for me...
6am EST would be good for me, too...

IP:

Rex R
posted September 27, 2001 05:48 AM            
8am est well you would lose your mechanic(gotta sleep sometime)

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted September 27, 2001 05:48 AM            
hehe, should be fun.

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

Dreamer
posted September 27, 2001 06:21 AM         
In all other cases my presence would not matter much (since I'm probably the worst fragger around by now - especially in mass matches), but in this case I think it's neccessary for me to be there, given the recent course of events.
If it's got to be 8pm EST, I'll try my best to be there, but even 6pm or 7pm would be a lot better.

Another issue, this time timing related:
Some of you may have noticed the small applet on the BWL page showing something like "@276" - that's time in internet beats.
"@000" is midnight (GMT) and an hour has 41 2/3 beats. -> one day is divided into 1000 beats.
This method of measuring time is time-zone insensitive (the clock shows the same value for every person visiting the site (or any site with that applet, for that matter)) and might thus provide a better method to schedule matches.

Btw. it is @473 now - time for lunch for me, time to get up for the early EST people.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 27, 2001 07:52 AM            
ive never heard of internet life beats before - but if ppl want a readable time - its live and running on www.dnxworld.com above the counter.

and ya i agree - more organisation on timzones would be welcomed - dremaers 1 hr ahead of me - thats 6 hrs in front of EST.

6am in germany is midnight EST - 8m est is 2am germany see....

and just for the recoed - because of these timezone issues the bz tourneys were held over a 24 hr span to allow everyone to play on that day rather than the same 3 hers.

just my 2p. but thats what the toueney will be like in nov. 24 hrs.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 27, 2001 07:52 AM            
ive never heard of internet life beats before - but if ppl want a readable time - its live and running on www.dnxworld.com above the counter.

and ya i agree - more organisation on timzones would be welcomed - dremaers 1 hr ahead of me - thats 6 hrs in front of EST.

6am in germany is midnight EST - 8m est is 2am germany see....

and just for the recoed - because of these timezone issues the bz tourneys were held over a 24 hr span to allow everyone to play on that day rather than the same 3 hers.

just my 2p. but thats what the toueney will be like in nov. 24 hrs.

IP:

Paranor
posted September 27, 2001 09:18 AM            
For now the only time on WEDS that work for me is starting at 9:00 pm EST.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted September 27, 2001 09:54 AM         
I can actually do a morning DDM anytime from 7:30 am to 9:30 am EST
I can also do 6-8 pm est

IP:

ni
posted September 27, 2001 11:23 AM            
well, for once an 8pm est would suit me better as my uni starts back next week and I wouldn't b able to show for anything before 2-3 pm est!

8pm or nowt for me... damn education!

------------------
I'd Like to buy soom Cheeeeeezzz!!!!

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted September 27, 2001 04:42 PM            
Well,to be a little fairer to Dreamer.Let's make it 6PM.Maybe even 5 if enough people agree on it.That'd be 11PM your time correct Dreamer?Ok,I see times are being thrown out like I thought it would.So I'm going to schedule it for 5pm EST Wed night.Just let me know if this time cannot be done by you at all.I mean,you might have to make a few sacrifices to make it that time,but I want to know if there is no way in hell you can make it that time.

IP:

peeeto
posted September 28, 2001 06:53 PM         
Wed. 5pm is out for me... 6pm would be the earliest time i could make it, and i would have to leave by 9pm.

that said, a start time of 6pm to 7pm would be the best for me

p.s. my initial response to coax playing for DNX was "hey - he chooses not to be in a clan, so he should not be part of any official "clan" match (unless part of LWA)". but then i wondered if i would protest so much if he wasn't so freakin' good!

...anyway, i decided that i wouldn't care if that was the case, and after all this is just a game to have fun (and things are very fun when it's challenging). so i'm OK with coax playing as DNX. i'm really looking forward to this, guys! let's rumble!!!

IP:

peeeto
posted September 28, 2001 06:58 PM         
oh! i forgot to ask:

should we strive for even #'s on both sides? or whoever shows up plays?

my feeling is that whoever shows plays. after all - more fighting members is an indication of greater strength...

IP:

desolation1900
posted September 28, 2001 10:09 PM            
So, being that the date hasn't been mentioned, is it this Wednesday? October 3rd? I'm assuming so, but would enjoy clarification.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted September 28, 2001 11:24 PM            
Yes,this Wed.And I think some form LWA offered to fill in and make it even if neccesary.coax is a honorary DNX member though So I'm not seeing a whole lot of negative feedback about the time.So I'm guessing it's ok for most everybody.It's written is stone now.Make it or don't.So it's 6pm,this Wednesday,server to be determined.

------------------
Mod Packs,Weekly Polls,Links, and Other Files...Storage/Download

[This message has been edited by SuperUnknown (edited September 28, 2001).]

IP:

KONG
posted September 28, 2001 11:43 PM            
hey supe. why dont u just recruit him already?

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted September 29, 2001 04:26 AM            
Who am I supposed to be recruiting?You lost me somewhere Kong...........

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 29, 2001 08:09 AM            
i think he means coax m8, .... but coax likes his current status - if that changes - well who knows.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 29, 2001 09:42 AM            
i think coax is lwa btw imho better dnx btyg

IP:

The Weatherman
posted September 29, 2001 02:37 PM         
Ill host the server. Same setup as the last clan battle? I will send the ip to the clan leaders on Tuesday.

IP:

desolation1900
posted September 29, 2001 09:03 PM            
So, thats 6PM EST or PST?

I'm so confused.

If PST, I will be able to make it a few minutes late, if EST I won't be able to make it, too early for me.

IP:

peeeto
posted October 02, 2001 12:59 PM         
<<< BACK TO THE TOP >>>

so, what is it, guys?

is the match on for Wed. October 3, 2001 at 6pm EST or what?

and if so, how are we arranging the server? a private server, and the server op. will email the IP to participants?

let us know...

[This message has been edited by peeeto (edited October 02, 2001).]

IP:

Paranor
posted October 02, 2001 01:42 PM            
Count me out - that's too early for me. I'm easily beating on the kids to do their homework by tht time.

you BWL guys take care of DNX in the clan battle and Vlad & I will take care of the 2v2. coax is "honarary" DNX so that's close enough.

Sweep 'em boys.

and one more smiley.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted October 02, 2001 03:24 PM            
that sounds good peeeto

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 02, 2001 04:47 PM            
"honarary" DNX

coax - are you in danger of becoming a good person ?

-"gladiator"

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2