|
Author Topic:   cant connect
ARES
posted September 26, 2001 11:34 AM            
Hello everybody,i realize that there was a prob with the master server yesterday,but it is now a day later and i still cant get thru,is any one else not getting online or is it a bad connection on my end?

IP:

Paranor
posted September 26, 2001 12:47 PM            
nope - i can't see master server either.

IP:

Venom
posted September 26, 2001 02:58 PM            
So are there any servers we can get on to play??

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted September 26, 2001 04:20 PM            
Weatherman posted his IP in another thread.Looks like we'll be playing there for a while Make sure you follow the link he gives and download the maps and weapons that you need before you try to connect to his server.All the info you need is in the "Master Server is Down" thread.

IP:

Paranor
posted September 26, 2001 05:09 PM            
Has anyone contacted LDA? is it their "master" server or someone else?

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted September 26, 2001 05:10 PM            
This hasn't happened in the longest time. Although it use to be a hell of a lot more frequent

IP:

desolation1900
posted September 26, 2001 10:44 PM            
Many networks have been stressed lately due that virus that is going around. We lost 6 routers today to it, over 1.6 billion access requests in one hour. Amazing volumes of traffic. Anyway, could be what has caused the hassles.. My company has had machines going up and down all week from it; and I've noticed many forums and other sites are beginning to really drag too.

deso

IP:

Paranor
posted September 27, 2001 09:10 AM            
Are you referring to nimba?

My home PC got hit twice (W2KPRO). Freaking forgot that on freaking micros**t freaking OS patches need to be applied and reapply freaking security patches every time you freaking make a system change (had to re-do IIS with FP 2002 server extensions).

Luckily the firewall freaking caught the outbound tftp request but it's still a freaking pain.

IP:

Neo
posted September 27, 2001 11:50 AM            
stop using vulgar language

IP:

Paranor
posted September 27, 2001 12:27 PM            
oh yeah, my freaking kids might read this.

IP: