|
Author Topic:   Clan Guidelines/Rules/suggestions
Throckmorton
posted September 24, 2001 12:50 PM            
I've been trying to figure out all the acronyms but I am still confused. Maybe others are too.

Time for a review.

Could someone reply with answers to these questions.

What does DDM stand for and what is it? What are the rules?
What are the rules for the other server configurations? If people don't regularly post the rules, then newbies won't follow them

Does membership in DNX mean I should never kill another DNX? Or is it ok to kill them, but only when they are on another team?

Personally, I would like to see the servers recognize our prefixes and assign clans to the same team. Is this possible?

Thank you to all who take time away from gragging and reply with answers.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted September 24, 2001 12:58 PM            
Q:What does DDM stand for and what is it?
A DM=Deadliest Death Match

Q:What are the rules?
A:Frag as many people as possible, and be placed in my DDM rankings.

Q:What are the rules for the other server configurations?
A:Theres rules?

Q oes membership in DNX mean I should never kill another DNX?
A:Nope, how would you learn from some of the best in DNX if you can't try to frag them?

Q:Or is it ok to kill them, but only when they are on another team?
A:Always kill them unless there on your team

Q:Personally, I would like to see the servers recognize our prefixes and assign clans to the same team. Is this possible?
A:Not yet

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 24, 2001 01:37 PM            
If you play a team game then by all means stand by your teammate.

If its an FFA (free for all) - then frag anybody (pay particular attention to bwl with that tho )

If its a team practice as arranged by Nemzad or Superunknown, then abide by whatever rules they setup on the night.

IP:

Throckmorton
posted September 24, 2001 01:57 PM            
Thanks for these replies. I also learned a lot from the thread on DDM that Paranor started. Should have read that first...

IP:

ni
posted September 24, 2001 03:04 PM            
Can I maybe...suggest something about DDM's in general, especially if the amount of people on a server's over a certain amount!

If, after the stated time, the server's populated by over a certain amount, then people who aren't permitted to join as people connnecting casuses a lot of lag!!

say... after 1oclock.. look at the time and how long that map has been on for... if it's after 3-4 mins, don't jon til the next map starts!

------------------
I'd Like to buy soom Cheeeeeezzz!!!!

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted September 24, 2001 04:10 PM            
I agree Ni.Al ot of the lag was coming from people dropping and joining.When my screen freezes,I know somebody is trying to join Which was about every 10 seconds Sunday

IP:

peeeto
posted September 24, 2001 10:30 PM         
i'm afraid i'm responsible for coining "DDM"...
see this old post

it was orininally an attempt to get all of the "regulars" (at that time) and LDA together to play, to celebrate the game going gold.

that never worked out, but the term "DDM" stuck for any match that is organized beforehand.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted September 25, 2001 04:05 AM            
and from Peeeto's humble beginnings I was finally able to hash out a DDM event. Even Jim and Tom came, but i lost those screen shots

IP: