|
Author Topic:   CLAN DDM - SUNDAY 09/23 - 08:00 PM EST
Paranor
posted September 21, 2001 12:43 PM            
OMGosh - it's friday already.

Well, we haven't had a clan DDM is a while - actually we've only had one clan DDM and I wasn't there and heard it was a blast. So how about one this sunday?

BWL - BLACK
DNX - BLUE
LWA - GOLD
non-LWA - GREEN

I'm sure I missed some so RED & WHITE are open. Please post what to use here.

NEW PLAYERS - if you were as lost as me the first time I played and knew nothing of clans ( ) then BWL & DNX are "official" clans and LWA is a "unofficial" clan. LWA consists of lonewolves (players who do not belong to a clan either on purpose or not yet) that group together to help out making clan battles more interesting by having another group to contend with, etc.

PICTURES - someone please take pictures so Coax can update the DDM stat site. I'm going to try but I always remember after the next game started. The more the merrier. http://www.geocities.com/coaxs/ranking.html

SERVER - Any volunteers? I'm still unavail for a couple of more weeks.

It will be a 3 game match, 20 minutes each or until frag limit (do we not have one for this?) and team damage is on.

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited September 21, 2001).]

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted September 21, 2001 12:46 PM            
the server set up should be such that all human players are placed into the Green flag and then switch off to their clan flags.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted September 21, 2001 04:45 PM         
You can't make people go into a specifice team, it kinda shuffles them UNLESS you specify your team when you pick your tank. So, please everybody set that up ahead of time to minimize the team switch flailings.

I'll put up the Clan server. It is really set up for that already, I just need to lower the teams to 4 and change the message. Oh, I am declaring the shadow keeper ammo cut in half. Just cause i can - Muahaahahahahaha!

------------------
The Weatherman [BWL]
The Weatherman's Generic Homepage
Treadhead tested, Girlfriend dissaproved ;)

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted September 21, 2001 10:50 PM            
And I'd say make it 30 minutes a game since thats usually where we have the DDM's set.We'll have to have Loners show up to even out teams just in case teams are uneven.Like say DNX showed with like 15 people(yeah right but it could happen)

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted September 22, 2001 01:53 PM            
why would it have to be even? When I play on teams with less players, I usually do better. And I've seen teams with more players do better.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted September 22, 2001 02:57 PM            
Well....if team scoring is on and 15 DNXers do show and every DNXer gets one frag, that is 15 frags for the team right off the bat,compared to a clan that has oly 2-3 show.Now what if one BWL shows and has to play by himself?I don't mean teams need to be perfectly even.Hell,I don't really care,just an suggestion to make things fair.

------------------
Mod Packs,Weekly Polls,Links, and Other Files...Storage/Download

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted September 23, 2001 04:08 PM            
Put this sucka back on top

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted September 23, 2001 04:11 PM            
We'll have to have 30 seconds of cease fire to get things organized.WM did a good job by putting the colors in the server info,but you know some people are going to be running around in circles,wondering what is going on

IP:

The Weatherman
posted September 23, 2001 04:13 PM         
Okay here is the setup for tonight
4 teams, team damage on. FL = 80, TL = 25 (i just can't handle long games), and the games will be logged and run through TMstat.
Please, no custom flags as this does terrib le things to the log. Flags from the DNX flag pack as of 2 weeks ago are cool.

maps are cycling:
DediMap0 = DM The Steppes
DediMap1 = DM Green Monster
DediMap2 = DM Black Mesa
DediMap3 = Hell Crossing
DediMap4 = Clay Hills
DediMap5 = DM Target
DediMap6 = DM Didgeridoo
DediMap7 = Head Land
DediMap8 = Deer Hunter
DediMap9 = Mosquito
DediMap10 = Simian Isle
DediMap11 = Barren Lake
DediMap12 = Bull
DediMap13 = Scarab
DediMap14 = Not The Goat
DediMap15 = Banks
DediMap16 = Lions Pass
DediMap17 = Brimstone
DediMap18 = Gravitor
DediMap19 = Trench Run
DediMap20 = Jumper
DediMap21 = The River
DediMap22 = Desert Divas
DediMap23 = Wind Chill
EDIT: Fyi, TMStat info can be found here: http://www.treadmarks.de/cgi-bin/TMstatsmain.pl

------------------
The Weatherman [BWL]
Treadhead tested, Girlfriend dissaproved

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited September 23, 2001).]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted September 23, 2001 04:16 PM            
BTW,for you new guys that play...it helps to check thiss forum at least a couple of times a week for upcoming events and information.You can also follow the link below and sign up to my Yahoo club.I try to put the times and information in the calender,then have it automatically send out email reminders(and sorry,I forgot to do it for this weeks DDM).Also,if you have a email address entered in at the club that you never check,you might want to put your primary email if you'd like to be reminded.

------------------
Mod Packs,Weekly Polls,Links, and Other Files...Storage/Download

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted September 23, 2001 05:01 PM            
Doh, I thought I could slip away from my Dad's b-day celebrations but i won't be able too. Someone needs to take screen shots for me. Have fun guys.

IP:

Robu1
posted September 23, 2001 10:10 PM            
has anybody ever seen more players at one time? I'm not sure i have

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted September 24, 2001 03:22 AM            
Something needed to be done about the organization.Too many new people that didn't know what was going on and didn't know how to switch teams.Plus a lot of players that didn't seem to know what "Stop firing" or "Cease fire" meant WM I think you did all you could by putting the team colors in the server info.Maybe make the next one private,as in not listed on the Master Server?I did like seeing all of those people,but it kind of ruined the clan war.Any other ideas?I think the private server idea would cut down on people joining and not knowing what is going on.It's how we ran the 2v2 deal so random people wouldn't join.The private server would just be used for Clan DDM's of course.So if you don't read the forum,your not going to be playing on that server.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted September 24, 2001 11:19 AM         
*warning, long post, please read*

I was thinking to do just that. Then we should maybe even make it a 3 team match on a hidden server. To be fair to non-affiliateds and newbies, we should have another public server with a stock DDM.
I hate to be exclusive, but a clan battle should be for the clans (and the unclean... i mean unclan LWA ). Maybe it will spur more people to join clans, too.
Other changes: Frag limit of 99, no AIs on the server at all, 40 second cool down, 60 second countdown.
I thought the maps were pretty good- large enough to have many localized brawls. Lag was bad at times but overall acceptable. And, BWL Roolz, largest team or no

Finally a note on server logs. All OFFICIAL matches that I host are Logged and run through Dreamer's TMstats ( http://www.treadmarks.de/cgi-bin/TMstatsmain.pl ) . Please be aware that anything you chat in a DDM will be viewable by everyone. I will only submitt the DDM games and the game immediately before and after the official games. Everything else will be deleted. This is nt supposed to be Big Brotherey or Microshafty in any way. The chat in a DDM can be pretty entertaining and is included in TMstats to let you know what was going on beyond just raw numbers. And they let me evaluate lag and other server problems to try to make the game more enjoyable. If having server chats posted bothers anyone I will drop them.

Anyroad, was a gret time and it really shows how alive (and big!) our little commnity is

------------------
The Weatherman [BWL]
Treadhead tested, Girlfriend dissaproved ;)

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted September 24, 2001 04:15 PM            
Sounds good WM.I especially like the idea of having 60 before the game starts.That would eliminate the chat fraggers and the people who don't stop firing when asked to do so,at the beginning of the game.AS Jean Luke Pichard says,"Make it so number 1"

IP:

TurdHeart
posted September 24, 2001 09:53 PM            
Very cool - I love the idea of chat archives

IP:

NeoKi
posted September 24, 2001 10:20 PM            
Well i'll try to take some pics, speaking of pics, check this out. check out Fools: OH AND ONE OTHER THING, TAKE OUT THE h AT THE END TO VIEW THE PIC, MY SITE DOESN'T REALLY ALLOW PEOPLE TO SEE IR UNLESS YOU DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT!!!
http://danielsanders.tripod.com/TM_Pics/Fools.jpgh

[This message has been edited by NeoKi (edited September 24, 2001).]

IP: