|
Author Topic:   TM story thread!
A2597
posted September 20, 2001 03:22 PM            
LDA focused on the game, not the story behind it, correct? this got me thinking, why not make a thread where everybody can post a story on the background of Tread Marks?

not a serius story, just a story.

Here is mine:

In the not to distant future, Aliens tried to take over the earth by using our own weapons against us, our ships destroyed our own cities, and our tanks destroyed destroyed our military bases. eventually we were able to defeat the attack by re-programing our weapons to go into the wilderness, and destroy themselves....and this, is their story.

your turn!

------------------
--===BOOM===--

IP:

NeoKi
posted September 20, 2001 07:13 PM            
Listen, your a newbie, so I'll go easy on you. We've already covered this. Go here: /forums/archive/ubb/Forum2/HTML/001288.html
------------------
Sushi

[This message has been edited by NeoKi (edited September 20, 2001).]

IP:

NeoKi
posted September 20, 2001 07:18 PM            
or go here: /forums/archive/ubb/Forum2/HTML/001290.html

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted September 20, 2001 07:37 PM            
before you nail someone as a newbie neoki, check their profile. You will see A2597 has 248 posts in this forum, and has been a member for over a year.

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 20, 2001 07:53 PM            
neoki, dude, ya not doing yourself any favours calling ppl names - and the last few days ... your general posting attitude has been pretty poor - need a break man - dont go all mental on us !

IP:

NeoKi
posted September 20, 2001 09:16 PM            
it's PMS I tell ya.

IP:

A2597
posted September 20, 2001 09:56 PM            
frankly NeoKi, neither of those topics deal with what I was talking about.

I was talking about alternative storys to how all these tanks got out in the wilderness, and why they are fighting.

(LDA's was of course, that they just got tired of petty Human wars)

if I did something to offend you, please tell, because you haven't been very nice to my in any topic I've posted recently. I'd kinda like to know why.

------------------
--===BOOM===--

IP:

JVortex
posted September 21, 2001 12:58 AM            
NeoKi: 1 month
A2597: 1 year, 2 months

me: 8 months

heh, this became an ammusingly twisted thread (thought i would fuel the fire a bit for a change ).

A2597 makes me look like a newbie as well!

hey, is there any way to search thru the board to find the first postings? and to see who the first few members are? look and see who the oldest currently still posting members are? hmmm... ill look into that a bit

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted September 21, 2001 03:57 AM            
How about the oldest poster who STILL plays the game

IP:

Dreamer
posted September 21, 2001 03:58 AM         
The oldest still active members?
Look through topic pages 50+...

IP:

peeeto
posted September 21, 2001 11:25 AM         
i'm guessing the oldest active poster is Random Chaos or Dreamer (or Kaeto, but i haven't seen him playing online for quite a while).

[This message has been edited by peeeto (edited September 21, 2001).]

IP:

peeeto
posted September 21, 2001 11:54 AM         
(drum roll, please!)

The Oldest, Still Active Members* Are:

1) Kaeto (1st registered & posted on August 19, 1999)

2) Dreamer (1st registered & posted September 28, 1999, as "il_mutanto")

3) Random Chaos (1st posted on October 6, 1999)

4) peeeto (1st posted on November 17, 1999, as "peeet")

* these are all of the oldest i can think of... let me know if i'm wrong

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted September 21, 2001 12:06 PM            
JV: sometimes someone is so good at computers and modding they make the simplist things hard to do

click General Discussion - Tread Marks
then click on the upside-down triangle to make it show all the posts and then click the largets number at the buttom of the screen

[This message has been edited by coax (edited September 21, 2001).]

IP:

NeoKi
posted September 21, 2001 01:28 PM            
Ok I was wrong, but that forum did say something on how TM got started or could get started. And by the way, i'v been playing TM for a.... ok i'v known about TM for a very long time, in fact I knew about it when it first came out on the internet. I could have even been beta tester, but I didn't know about computers as much as I know now.
And as for this forum, I didn't even know about it until I was looking for some mod downloads. Which was about 5 months after I got this game for my B-day.

------------------
Sushi

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted September 21, 2001 01:41 PM            
don't worry NeoKi, people are just touchy latley. I became part of the TM family after it was released at download.com

Registered March 29th 2000

peeeto: RC and Kaeto are hardly what one would call active though.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted September 21, 2001 04:28 PM         
Yeah, in this forum we are supposed to be gentle with the rest of the TM Family. 'cept Guido, who wants to be flamed...
EDIT: and except for coax, who looks good in flames (tho isn't on fire nearly often enough, darn him

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited September 21, 2001).]

IP:

peeeto
posted September 21, 2001 05:01 PM         
... but they've both contributed much to this community, and i know that they (at least) read this BBS regularly, and post every once in a while.

IP: