|
Author Topic:   Is it possible to get tired of playing TM?
NeoKi
posted September 16, 2001 11:10 AM            
Yes!!!! I'v been working on these mods for like few days, and between making them and going back a forth loading treadmarks and closing it to see if they work, I didn't even wan't to see my PC yesterday. But after a good night rest, i'm back to work on these files. You know someone should make a program that allows you to try out your weapons without loading TM. It would really help save time.

------------------
Sushi

IP:

Kaeto
posted September 16, 2001 01:28 PM            
Answering the title - I started playing TM right when the first test was released, as did Dreamer, and I'm still not sick of it

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted September 16, 2001 03:56 PM            
Isn't there something that lets you preview the mod?Could be wrong since modding isn't my thing.

------------------
Mod Packs,Weekly Polls,Links, and Other Files...Storage/Download

IP:

JVortex
posted September 17, 2001 12:40 AM            
there isnt anything to preview yet, GOD i wish there were. would make life great for doing just boltons if nothing else. starting and closing TM tears my system apart, i can only do it about a dozen times before i have to restart...

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. (Under Heavy Construction) The non-TM areas of the site have been resurrected!

IP:

Dreamer
posted September 17, 2001 02:55 AM         
Just for boltons? Could you be a bit more specific?

IP:

Rex R
posted September 17, 2001 03:06 AM            
weapon placement coordinates for new tanks

IP:

NeoKi
posted September 17, 2001 12:59 PM            
Yeah, this program would allow you to to try out the weapon, and would see how it looks, fires, basiclly test your weapon like you would do on that pratice map with all thoughs weapons and dummy tanks.

------------------
Sushi

IP:

peeeto
posted September 17, 2001 01:19 PM         
RexR: can't any modeling prog. helpl with weap coord's?

i bet it would be fairly easy for Lithium to incorporate that type of thing... allow import of additional meshes (which it already does) but also allowing the user to have a dialog box for XYZ offset coord's...

you wouldn't be able to see the texture of the weapon, tho... no big deal...

IP:

JVortex
posted September 17, 2001 11:37 PM            
email him! tell him! ask him!!! please!!!! would make life soo much easier if that could be done.

IP:

Rex R
posted September 18, 2001 02:13 AM            
well yes and no. with the prog.s I have,aim8or and zmodeler, anim8or doesn't let you import more than 1 mesh at a time(or at least not easilly) so you have to find the coord of the vertex(point)nearest the spot you want. zmod can import more than 1 item(do it all the time ) but it doesn't do .lwo files. uvmapper( I have an early version, YMMV)will tell you the size of the bounding box, however if your tank/mesh has an odd shape... then to is the problem of are the units used the same as TM. anim8or seems to be, not sure bout zmod. 3d studio max the default is not the same

IP:

Robu1
posted September 20, 2001 12:27 PM            
Yes, in response to the title: no........never.

IP:

Robu1
posted September 20, 2001 12:27 PM            
Yes, in response to the title: no........never.

IP:

Robu1
posted September 20, 2001 12:28 PM            
oops

IP:

peeeto
posted September 20, 2001 01:38 PM         
JV & RexR:

using LithUnwrap as-is, you could open the weapon model, move it in the Preview window, then merge with the tank model. that's not very helpful, though, because you'd have to go through it all over agin to try a different config...

i don't have the time to email Lithium, but what we want to be able to do is translate (move) individual groups of a model. right now, the Move command moves the whole model, even if only one group is selected... (if the "new" Move dialog box uses absolute translation values (from the origin), that would help, because the final coord's would be the offset values for the ENT file. as it acts now, you would have to keep track of each movement when you position the weapon numerous times...

IP: