|
Author Topic:   weapons to be released shortly!!!!
A2597
posted September 14, 2001 04:25 PM            
Just sent my wepaons to JVortex.

Volcano: this weapon drops a jet powered drill behind you. it digs a channel right to the center of the earth, effectivly creating a Volcanic Eruption.
(This weapon is server side)

Lava Ball: This weapon is simular to the Dirtball, but shoots a ball of lava instead.

OW! Missile: this shoots a spiced of Cruise Missile. it's much faster, much more accurate. it is so fast in fact, that it can travel though a tank. effectivly allowing for multiple kills. (I've never goten more then four)
(This weapon is NOT server side)

Mirvs of Steel: The Mirvs of Steel shoots six projectiles high into the air, each of these explode into high speed mirv drops that smack into enemy tanks, and yourself if your not carful.
(and is my personal favorite. it is REALLY well balenced, has many ups and downs, and can take a bit of practice to be used effectivly, it can be either long, or short range, and at most [on one charge] get six-seven kills, if you find tanks in a group. The norm is about two-three kills)

------------------
--===BOOM===--

[This message has been edited by A2597 (edited September 14, 2001).]

IP:

peeeto
posted September 14, 2001 04:50 PM         
screenshots! screenshots!

IP:

TurdHeart
posted September 14, 2001 06:48 PM            
Yesyesyesyesyes!!!!

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted September 14, 2001 07:35 PM            
I second (or is it third) those emotions.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.

IP:

A2597
posted September 14, 2001 07:35 PM            
I've tried screenshots of the Mirvs, you just cannot get a good one, it's to compleax of a weapon to appreciate it. the OW!Missile...I'll try, it's just so fast!

the Volcano and LavaBall, certainly!

------------------
--===BOOM===--

IP:

NeoKi
posted September 14, 2001 09:17 PM            
Well Well Well, ya know I have some weapons too.

The Zyon Phaser: It shoots a projectile like warbirds, but I gave it a body and a cool look.

X Driver: Well I'm still working on this one, but the beta version is ready. This weapon is a laser/mass driver it go's through walls and hills like a laser and hit like a mass driver.

The Yueri Mole: Well this is a cool weapon with a cool effect. It fires a stream like crawling fire, but creates a cool hill side like a super D-ball. BTW, Yueri in Japanese means ghost.

You can get weapons @ here:
P.S. I didn't use ENTegerty with these so you will have to put them in each file your self.
http://danielsanders.tripod.com/TM_Mods/NeonP.zip

and
http://danielsanders.tripod.com/TM_Mods/Xdriver.zip

------------------
Sushi

[This message has been edited by NeoKi (edited September 14, 2001).]

IP:

NeoKi
posted September 15, 2001 01:06 AM            
Ok, I'v just started working on my next big thing, The Plasma Shockwave: I found that It is very very diffacult not to get hit by your own Shockwave, made by Orac£e/NOPeR. Although it is a great weapon (sucking up Its has that bad problem of going off while your still trying to get away. You can simply make the timer longer, but that would mean that you may not get as many frags as you had hope. Thats why I came up with a long range shockwave launcher making it so that you are not effected by the outcome. This weapon shouldn't take me too long. I'll make sure to keep you all updated

------------------
Sushi

[This message has been edited by NeoKi (edited September 15, 2001).]

IP:

The Weatherman
posted September 15, 2001 01:18 AM         
Neoki, please run your files through Entegrety. It makes them MUCH more likely to be served. You didi a lot of work on these, just do thae last bit. ICQ me if you need info on how to do it

IP:

NeoKi
posted September 16, 2001 11:42 AM            
Sorry all, You see I'v decided to take down my cool StarTrek Phaser mod from my site until I can finish working out the kinks, The Xdriver is still up though.

Also one other thing, the Yueri Mole is ready for download. Now this is a well balance weapon, and here's the best way to use it. Fire it like you would fire a dirtball, DO NOT fire it will driving forward, unless your turning or driving sidways. This a powerful weapon.

P.S. I used ENTegerty with this, but check to make sure everything goes in it's right place. And check the weight and ammo. I may have left them high from testing them.
http://danielsanders.tripod.com/TM_Mods/Yueri_Mole.zip
------------------
Sushi

[This message has been edited by NeoKi (edited September 16, 2001).]

IP:

NeoKi
posted September 16, 2001 10:17 PM            
Well I tried the Volcano, but I don't see it. I even put the weight to 150, but still havn't seen it. A2597, make sure all the files are there

IP:

A2597
posted September 16, 2001 10:54 PM            
it looks like a mine layer, only red and black. put the weight to 1000 and play. it's a RARE weapon.

------------------
--===BOOM===--

IP:

NeoKi
posted September 17, 2001 10:25 AM            
Well, I finally to see the Valcano in action, but its definitly not server freiendly. I had to lower my game settings just to play TM at a good game speed, and my PC is 500mhz. It's a cool weapon, but for on thing, it lives to long. One of the projectiles lives for 65 secs, thats way to long, it should be at 7 or 5 secs. The other weapons are cool.

------------------
Sushi

[This message has been edited by NeoKi (edited September 17, 2001).]

IP:

NeoKi
posted September 17, 2001 07:44 PM            
Well I'v started working on my new mod, Xdriver v2.0, it looks that same but this time i'm adding a cool spew effect. You can still download the first one though.

------------------
Sushi

IP:

A2597
posted September 17, 2001 11:02 PM            
naaa, see, they fall right to the ground. 6-7 seconds did NOT work, I wanted them to hit the ground, not dissapear in mid air!

------------------
--===BOOM===--

IP:

NeoKi
posted September 17, 2001 11:56 PM            
Well the Xdriver v2.0 is ready for download.
This is an updated version of the first one, I also used ENTegerty with this, but like always: CHECK to see if all the files are if ther place. One other thing, this weapon gives a Shocking effect.
http://danielsanders.tripod.com/TM_Mods/Xdriver.zip

------------------
Sushi

IP:

NeoKi
posted September 18, 2001 01:13 AM            
Listen, the only way you would find Volcano on a server is if, you made some small changes to it. It has to many things firing and blasting at one time. That could really slow down a server.

------------------
Sushi

IP:

The Weatherman
posted September 18, 2001 12:50 PM         
Sniff, Sniff, you make me so proud Neoki! Almost everything (theXeffect.ent projectile is outside of the Addons folder) is in its right place! Most of the Ents use a related name convention too! ;D One finishing touch that would be nice is a Xreadme.txt, describing the weapon, stategic hints, author, .ent list and any borrowed components.

Well, to celebrate, I will make a sever with all new mods, say made since september 1. Ill put it up next week. Please email me your new mods (tanks, weapons, maps) at johnsan@che.utexas.edu . My only request is that they be run through entegrety and are certified non buggy. I will even host "lag inducing" mods made very rare. Kong, A2597, Neoki, Sailor, and anyone else - please send me your latest!
-Just a note, I am happy to serve anyone's pack as long as it take minimum effort on my part to set it up.

IP:

NeoKi
posted September 18, 2001 03:34 PM            
Cool, it was a pain with all those errors, but I did it. Now, i'm going to work on cool new weapon, it's called the plasma shockwave, it's like the shockwave made by Noper, but with this weapon, you don't have to worry about being fragged yourself. Oh and one other thing:

DON'T DOWNLOAD THE MIRVS OF STEEL WEAPON, for one thing, when I downloaded it the files spreaded though out my TM folder in their wrong places, so now I have to look for them. Second, I can't see the projectile, I check the files changed some things and still can't see them. And an explosphere file got messed up in my game. Listen A2597, make sure you put all the files together before you send them away. Third, if you don't use ENTegerty, please tell, that way people know what to expect.

------------------
Sushi

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted September 18, 2001 03:37 PM            
WM - I will send you my new map as soon as I make a couple of suggested changes. Initial feedback indicates it is pretty good, but I need to change the rim hills to a better change. I think I wlll make them with tiers like the hills in the center of the map that way you can set on the tiers and snipe people as well as from the hills in the center part of the map. I will move a few of the weapon spawn points onto the tiers also to help with the sniper aspect. When those adjustments are ready I will send it to you.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.

[This message has been edited by Sailor (edited September 18, 2001).]

IP:

NeoKi
posted September 18, 2001 07:13 PM            
Well My new weapon is ready, The Zyon Phaser.
Instead of a readme, I put a soundme. Oh and one other thing, please tell me wht you think.
http://danielsanders.tripod.com/TM_Mods/Zyon_Phaser.zip

If you notice that you can't download the Phaser, it's because i'm just doing some last minute changes.
Ok, nevermind. JUST DOWNLOAD!!!!
------------------
Sushi

[This message has been edited by NeoKi (edited September 18, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by NeoKi (edited September 18, 2001).]

IP:

A2597
posted September 18, 2001 09:08 PM            
SORRY...I STILL am stuck with the DEMO, and seeing as I don't know the name of the treadmarks folder, or how to make files extract anywhere NEAR to where they need to, this causes PROBLEMS. (As you were able to tell, at least the Volcano worked)

I'll work on it, and I'll grab entegrity, even though I STILL don't know what it does or if it will work with the Demo.

------------

Devs:

WHEN IS TREADMARKS GOING TO BE BACK IN STORES?!?!?! WWWWWAWAAAAHAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!I WANT THIS GAME!!!!

------------------
--===BOOM===--

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 18, 2001 09:16 PM            
A2597 - send me some pics of the new weapons - ill slap em up on the DMF..... ill be setting up a weapons page soon.

IP:

JVortex
posted September 19, 2001 02:16 AM            
A2597, i know the reasons youre having a problem getting the full version. how about asking on the board here if someone could buy it for you? youve spat enough cool weaponry into the community you may be able to find someone who's willing to just buy it themselves and send it to you as an early x-mas gift (im rather poor or i would myself, i think youve earned it ).

but maybe you could send the money off to someone and they could order it for you? (if you would trust that). just a thought, im sure someone here would be willing/ able to help ya out. its a great group of people after all. as a last resort i could TRY do it, would have to convince the g/f to use her cred card online tho (slim chance ).

ask around, see what happens!

IP: