|
Author Topic:   Tank armor and speed
Throckmorton
posted September 11, 2001 11:38 PM            
Is there a listing somewhere of which tanks are fastest, slowest, most and least armored?? I can't find this anywhere (except the ent files but I can't spend all day sifting through those...)

THanks to any who reply!

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted September 12, 2001 12:54 AM            
All the tank armor is the same. Except for the mite. I'll let the modders try to answer the rest of your questions.

IP:

JVortex
posted September 12, 2001 12:58 AM            
i started such a list until i realized that most of the tanks have about the same stats, if not EXACTLY the same on a few. i soon quit on the list...

with stock TM tanks they will pretty much drive like they look like they should. dwarf is wuick and nimble, nemessis is pretty fast, but has slow accel. liquid tanks are more agile but get tossed around easier. and so on.

the MAIN thing that determines how a tank handles is its shape. speed and acceleration is also effected by this.

theres technical reasons behind this that would just boor you . but for the most part really, just look at the tank, think of how you would think it would handle (compared to other TM tanks), and it pretty much does. sorry i cant answer much better than that...

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. (Under Heavy Construction) The non-TM areas of the site have been resurrected!

[This message has been edited by JVortex (edited September 12, 2001).]

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted September 12, 2001 01:32 AM            
wow, you didn't even mention polys, I was expecting one of your infamous long winded post

IP:

JVortex
posted September 12, 2001 02:50 AM            
lol, so THATS the reply u were referring to earlier, heh. ok i didnt see that one.

im getting a little better at kepping them short, sometimes, here and there, once in a while... hehehe

IP:

Rex R
posted September 12, 2001 03:57 AM            
in the interest of lightening the mood here, poly's poly's poly's poly's poly's poly's.

IP:

Throckmorton
posted September 12, 2001 08:41 AM            
So what's different about the mite??

IP:

JVortex
posted September 12, 2001 11:22 AM            
the mite only has 3 pollies per side w/ each of those pollies sectioned off into a dozen equal quadrants of 8 pollies each. as ide from being mathmatically imposible, it would make for an interesting tank, hehe.

pollies pollies pollies .

anyway, the mite was put in as sort of a novelty tank by LDA, mainly just for fun. its the fastest tank and has great acceleration, the thing just zipps around.

because of its body shape its pretty unstable and can flip easily at high speeds on bumps. its main thing tho is that it has less armor than any other tank and is easy to frag w/ just a few hits.

its kinda fun to torment an AI running a mite, ram into them, bash them around, frag em a lot and so on. eventually i got bored w/ it and removed the mite from my install .

(i didnt literally delete the mite files, DONT DO THAT!!!, i commented out the mite so that in single player the AI couldnt use it).

[This message has been edited by JVortex (edited September 12, 2001).]

IP: