|
Author Topic:   Take time to pray for the victimes.
Irascible
posted September 11, 2001 05:37 PM            
I know there's already a thread going, but I wanted to give my condolences to anyone affected by this act of barbarism. We're not a big community, so we may have been blessed enough to not have had personal tragedy. But to anyone who has, my prayers are with you.

PLEASE GUYS, IF YOU HAVE THE ABILITY, MAKE AN EXTRA DONATION TO THE RED CROSS TODAY.

May God bring his love and mercy upon the victims and his awesome wrath upon the scum that did this.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted September 11, 2001 06:03 PM         
Well said, Ras. Also and especially if you are in the north east, you should consider giving blood. This is the worst single event that I can think of in the past twenty years. I hope your families are safe. Also that there will be no follow up attacks and those responsible are found.

I also think that we should remember that whoever did this acted as a minority in whatever country they are in. This should not be an excuse to treat anyone of foreign decent in the US any differently. Fear always causes prejudice against people that share only ancestry with the enemy.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted September 11, 2001 06:16 PM            
I tried giving blood, but since I've visited Africa and ate British beef within a year they didn't let me

IP:

Irascible
posted September 11, 2001 06:27 PM            
http://www.redcross.org/donate/donate.html

IP:

synack
posted September 12, 2001 08:23 AM         
Coincidentally, I was donating blood at my office at the time of the first attack. We were watching TV to pass the time when the news broke and we saw the first pictures of the smoke and flame billowing from the first impact.

I work in New Jersey, about 10 miles from Manhattan. When I left the office and reached a point where I could get a clear view of the horizon to the East, I was stunned at the site of the incredibly massive column of smoke and ash that was rising above Manhattan. It looked as if an atomic bomb had exploded. Although the news coverage was amazing, I'll never forget what I saw with my own eyes yesterday.

IP:

Robu1
posted September 12, 2001 06:09 PM            
And to top it all off, it was my birthday

IP:

synack
posted September 12, 2001 07:48 PM         
I'm waiting for confirmation, but I believe I've lost my best friend in the hijacked jet that crashed in Pennsylvania yesterday.

I'm at a loss for words. I'm numb.

IP:

Irascible
posted September 12, 2001 10:17 PM            
No words needed Synack. Just let us know as soon as you're able. Our prayers are with you.

IP:

synack
posted September 13, 2001 04:43 AM         
It's confirmed. He's gone.

His name was Joe De Luca.

He was a great guy, and a great friend.

I'll never forget him.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted September 13, 2001 09:59 AM         
You have may deepest condolences, synack. I don't really know the right words, but I will be on ICQ if you wnat to talk.

IP:

Paranor
posted September 14, 2001 03:19 PM            
I've been trying to get home for a day and just read up the posts. I'm so very sorry synack.

IP:

TurdHeart
posted September 14, 2001 06:47 PM            
I'm sure it is difficult for most of us to find words for our feelings this week.
Take care, synack. Feel free to share a memory or two about Joe.

IP: