This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   OH SH*T!!!! MUST READ! World Trade Center and Pentagot attacked!
A2597
posted September 11, 2001 10:21 AM            
http://cnnfn.cnn.com/2001/09/11/news/wtc_crash/

------------------
--===BOOM===--

IP:

NeoKi
posted September 11, 2001 10:39 AM            
Well thats wht happens when you have the greatest country. You know, if America is so hi-tec so great, then how come we aren't expectant of this sort of thing, it happened befor why not again?

------------------
Sushi

IP:

JVortex
posted September 11, 2001 10:42 AM            
wild isnt it? been watching this for a while. and a plane bashed the pentagon as well??? heard something about pipe bombs at some other washington office as well.

this should unfold interestingly....

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. (Under Heavy Construction) The non-TM areas of the site have been resurrected!

IP:

The Weatherman
posted September 11, 2001 10:58 AM         
that is a bit of an understatement. I cant get any news sties to load. Here is the front page of cnn.com:
DAY OF TERROR
Both World Trade Center towers collapse after plane crashes
Plane crashes into Pentagon, part of the Pentagon collapses
AP: Car bombing at State Department
Bush calls trade center crashes terrorist act
All federal buildings, United Nations evacuated
FAA grounds all domestic flights, sends trans-Atlantic flights to Canada

I hope all of your families are safe. I have pulled my servers to free up bandwith. I hope someone pays dearly for this.
http://www.usatoday.com/hlead.htm

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited September 11, 2001).]

IP:

Rex R
posted September 11, 2001 12:19 PM            
you missed 1 story
disney closed its florida theme park.
makes one want to turn something into a glowing car park

IP:

swisher
posted September 11, 2001 01:02 PM            
Yikes. Lots of pics here (local news channel, decent bandwidth): http://www.channel4000.com/sh/news/stories/nat-news-95625820010911-070921.html

IP:

A2597
posted September 11, 2001 01:02 PM            
Stockmarkets closed
Baseball is closed
Kennedy Space Center is closed
all theme parks are closed.

schools are closing.

we're pretty much closing everything.

------------------
--===BOOM===--

IP:

NeoKi
posted September 11, 2001 02:00 PM            
Oh my, a Large Mall in My state, GA, got a bomb threat

------------------
Sushi

IP:

synack
posted September 11, 2001 02:03 PM         
My nephew works in one of the towers in NYC. It was a very scary several hours until we got word that he is ok.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted September 11, 2001 02:19 PM            
I think the days of America allowing terrorist to subsist in the world has come to an end. America won't be the same as we remember it 30 years from now.

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

Neo
posted September 11, 2001 04:27 PM            
quote:
"....We will not only defend ourselves to the uttermost, but will make very certain that this form of treachery shall never again endanger us.

Hostilities exist; there is no blinking at the fact that our people, our territory and our interests are in grave danger.

With confidence in our armed forces, with the unbounding determination of our people, we will gain the inevitable triumph...so help us God."

Franklin D. Roosevelt, December 8, 1941

IP:

oli2808
posted September 11, 2001 04:31 PM            
**BOOM!** (sorry americans!) i must have seen the towers go bang about 100 times now, and christ! , those people near it went unbelieavabley hysterical bout it!

IP:

oli2808
posted September 11, 2001 05:51 PM            
I get the feeling this was a palestinien attack , so is bush gonna take retaliation as an option? (bomb the bastards) , and if so, will this lead to some sort of war?!! hopefully not.I know i shouldn't really comment on this but it looks like a sad day for many people around the world, and hopefully no more terrorist attacks will occur.You have my sympathy guys.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted September 11, 2001 06:18 PM            
well, apparently we are bombing Afgahnistan right now, so we'll see if we move on to Palestein

IP:

LordDrow
posted September 11, 2001 07:02 PM            
Horribly shocking, my prayers go out to all of our friends and family on the east coast.

=MM=LordDrow

IP:

kv
posted September 11, 2001 09:32 PM            
coax, the missles are not american.... yet.

posted this somewhere else, will post it here to:

at least this forum isn't degrading into a hate fest, unlike some others...

Yes it was a terrible thing, but save your anger untill it is confirmed who did it. Thankfully this isn't aimed at anyone here (I think), but where I would have posted it got closed (plus I think I would have gotten attacked for saying it).

/me is thankful for this port of calm in the storm.

[This message has been edited by kv (edited September 11, 2001).]

IP:

KONG
posted September 11, 2001 09:40 PM            
seems funny how all of our little probs become insignincant when something like this happens. i've been sick all day and i cried when i saw the buildings fall. (born and raised in NY) seems like someone blew up my house and family. my uncle works at comex/wtc. still cannot get through to home. i watched them build that place when i was a kid. i'm wrecked.

and if anyone thinks this is about religion or nationalism, your wrong. dead wrong. it is only about MONEY, POWER and EGO. and alot of ppl who are just trying to survive in this world are dead tonight (some of them i know). just to satisfy someones whims.

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited September 11, 2001).]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted September 11, 2001 10:24 PM            
Apperantly we are going to attack the nation(s) that trained and sent the terrorist and the nation(s) that harbored them or helped in any other way.
I do have great pride in Americia.Enough that I was willing to raise my right hand and swear that I would defend it even at the cost of my own life.
I'm 25yo and this is the worse thing I've ever seen in my life.Hopefully this will unite us in a way we haven't been united since WWII.
If you have read the Bible at all,you will see this thing as the beginning of something bigger,Armegeddon.Armeggedon is to be fought in Iran which would most likely be against the nation of Islam.We back up Israel,Islam hates the Jews,we get attacked for standing behind Israel.I'm not a religous freak or a memeber of a cult either.I'm just plain old Southern Baptist.I just thought it was appropriate to explain why we were attacked today.This holy war started because Abraham had 2 sons with two different mothers.Jacob was his jewish son and Ishmael was his Arabaic son.The jewish line that spawned from Jacob led to Jesus down the road.The people of Islam have always resented that Jesus did not come from the line of Ishmael and they have fought with Israel ever since.Just thought I would give all little background to why we are hated by the Arabs.Something you won't hear on CNN I'm not trying to bring religion here so sorry to all that are atheist.This is just what the attackers believe.
Anyway..prayers go out to those that are involved in this anyway.I'm still trying to comprehend what has happened.I've actully been to the World Trade Center sveral times and also the Pentegon.Is just unthinkible that something so big is no longer there.

------------------
Mod Packs,Weekly Polls,Links, and Other Files...Storage/Download

IP:

KONG
posted September 11, 2001 11:23 PM            
lost my connection. this kinda reminds me of when i was in grammar school. used to have air raid drills. watching the news, all of the stupid analysing and armchair quarterbacking has already started. the media should just chill out and report the news and stop trying to create it.

and if u notice the members of congress keep using the phrase "act of war" wich tells bush that it is ok to act as he sees fit.

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited September 11, 2001).]

IP:

Random Chaos
posted September 11, 2001 11:42 PM            
I've been watching this too. I'm from the DC region so I've been paying peticular attention to the Pentagon crash (but I'm off at school right now and near neither of the events).

Don't really have the time to talk about it - going to bed - been a long day. This is my first chance to even look at this BBS...been in front of the TV for most of the day.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted September 11, 2001 11:44 PM         
My condolences, Kong. I can't imagine what it is like to have your home destroyed.

This was as much about power as it was religion. I know plenty of Arabic and Musilm people who do not hate us. I work with them every day. Please be careful with that paintbrush. Don't let idiots in the streets in palestine lead you to belive that what they express is what everyone feels. Most people there just want homes and security. This sickening act was the work of extremists!

That being said , I will support whatever the US must do to get the persons responsible. I just hope that it can be done in a way that allows closure instaead of accelerating the crisis towards anything like armageddon.
Just so you know where I stand, I am an agnostic. I consider almost all faiths equally valid. And I do believe that this situation could lead to war. watching and waiting...

IP:

ARES
posted September 11, 2001 11:54 PM            
My deepest sympathies go out to all New Yorkers and to any one who has been directly affected by todays horrendous tragedy.I live in Toronto,which is considered the N.Y of Canada,we have had a bomb threat on our subway system,the C.N Tower was evacuated and shut down,our whole downtown core was shutdown.I cannot believe this has happened,this is something u have nightmares about,i am just worried about the future and where this is gonna lead,again ,my most heartfelt compassion goes out to everyone.

IP:

KONG
posted September 12, 2001 12:02 AM            
dont get me wrong WM. there are alot of people who are willing to die for what they believe in. but behind them are always ppl who's beliefs are totally different. and they are very good at manipulating ppl not leading them. i would never categorize ppl like that. even when angry. i have too many friends from too many backgrounds to be that bigoted. i never attended university but i am somewhat of a history student, a topic which no one ever masters.

got a hold of my dad, everyones ok.but my uncle did see many ppl jumping from 80 stories +. when he was leaving the area before the buildings fell. my dad also said that the usal animosity has already started. he was in a store that he usually patronizes. the owner is arab-american. when he came out ppl gave him a hard time for shopping in the store. is this ignorance? or what? but having lived in nyc, i know how good ppl can be as well as how bad it can get. he said "this is gonna be really bad dave"

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited September 12, 2001).]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted September 12, 2001 03:32 AM            
Of course I didn't mean that all people from the Middle East hate us.I know some Arabic people too and they are just as nice as anyone i've met.I was just saying what the extreme hardcore Muslims believe.Like the people that were shown firing their guns in the air out of celebration and the people that were folling Bin Landen's order to do what they did today.I'm sure quite a few poor souls,who happen to be from the Middle East and live here,are going to get the crap beat out of them are even killed because many people can't get past the stereotypes TV creates.
Bin Laden needs to be taken out bigtime.I was reading on the MSNBC website about some of the things he may be responsible for.Almost every major attack on the US in the last 20 years was the result of him giving the orders.It's about time we send in the Seals,Rangers,Delta Force,Green Berates,and SAS and take this faction group out or next it'll be the White House,Kremilin,Buckingham Palace...........Today's events shocked me at first then it pissed me off.

IP:

_HAMMER
posted September 12, 2001 09:47 AM            
I do not think anyone should celebrate the death of innocent people, period.

Yesterday some people showed up for work like they always do, started working like any other day. These people were not soldiers or warriors who train for
a future battle, they were Parents, Sons, Daughters, Grandfathers and Grandmothers, everyday people, with kids and mortgages.

For some, Daddy will not walk through that door again. Some will have to explain that Mommy won't be coming home ever again. There are more victims than just the ones that died... There are the ones who must go on living. And the children who will never get to be children because of this. They will have to grow up sooner than they should.

You will not find hardily ANY Americans who will celebrate and dance in the streets when finding out that ANY nation had several thousand innocent people executed for whatever reason... religious or political.

I think instead of rebuilding the Trade Center Buildings, they should place a monument with all of the names of the innocent people who will never be going
home again. So that future generations know what happened here.

[This message has been edited by _HAMMER (edited September 12, 2001).]

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2