|
Author Topic:   FYI
KONG
posted September 08, 2001 10:45 PM            
this is mostly for the benefit of the recently arrived. ther is kind of an unwritten agreement about the shadowkeeper. if u get it go ahead and use it or unload it but please dont keep reloading the shadow. seems like great fun but it won't be when ppl don't want to play against you anymore. don't camp at a spawn point unloading weapons waiting for a nuke, everyone does it but try not to make it a habit. don't run way off the map, retreat in reverse(forward armor is stronger)and use radar to guide yourself to a weapon. don't go around the edges of the map looking for burning tanks, i only say this because lately i notice someone always shows up to frag me right after a battle with someone else and i am on fire. and it is always the same person. as you may have guessed we have been through this before, so show a little courtesy. i know that most of you guys pretty much follow these guidelines already. tanks alot

IP:

Throckmorton
posted September 08, 2001 11:11 PM            
I agree, even though I have been guilty of these crimes (reloading shadow).

But concerning killing people who are damaged from a recent fight: It's fair to blast them in team games. After all, your teammate probably is the one who just died and needs to be avenged . The idea is that the teams should work together. If I come to the aid of my teammate but am a little too late then I well blast the weakened victor. After all, he should have teammates helping him too.

On the other hand, in deathmatch "everyone for himself" I agree that picking off the weakened is kinda lame. It's just SO hard to resist...

Now,
Can't they make the shadow un-reloadable?? That would balance things well.

IP:

KONG
posted September 08, 2001 11:13 PM            
was kinda talking about people who spend all their time just hiding and looking for burning tanks

IP:

Vlad
posted September 09, 2001 12:04 AM            
Sheesh, if there's a group of enemy tanks, and one of them is on fire, that's the obvious target for me :-)

Why bother letting the easy pickings get away? You're almost doing them a favor. Otherwise they've gotta limp around and hope for a repair.

IP:

Irascible
posted September 09, 2001 02:03 AM            
Question:
Do you mean Pure Chaos when you refer to Shadow Keeper? Shadow Keeper is somewhat defensible if you see it in time and use long range weapons. Pure Chaos is not; or, do I have the two mixed up? Anywho, if anyone noticed my reloading of chaos on one particular round a few days ago, it was the first and only time it's happened! I backed into the reload before even seeing it (not that I might not have done it if I saw it... hehehe ).

Comments:
-Leaving a weakened tank alone is a behavior that is virtually nonexistent, whether or not people aspire to it. Frankly, it's as if the fire is sending a smoke signal that says come get me, easy frag (I've given away too many easy frags! ).
-Going in reverse while fending off an attacker and using radar to find a weapon not only seems fair, but pulling it off requires some skill. Some of the most fun I've had is taking out a pursuing healthy opponent who catches me on fire and with no weapons.

No thread crapping here - just discussion.

IP:

Rex R
posted September 09, 2001 04:24 AM            
reloading; AFAIK you can't make weapons non-reloadable. chaos and shadow both are kinda unbalenced (read powerful) weaps and shouldn't be reloaded if you can help it. tho if you're down on health and the only way to repair involves reloading... think tho that kong was refering to the folks who try to crank the shadow up to 300 and beyond.
reversing; I've been know to back off a map, nowadays I try to find a spawn point

IP:

Random Chaos
posted September 09, 2001 11:03 AM            
Shadow Keeper is overpowered when Super Ammoing. I agree that SuperAmmoing the SK is a bit much. No need to waste ammo though when you get it - make the base ammo go as long as you can. Just don't double+ ammo it. (As I'm sure Super Unknown remembers the CTF game we played I made the SK last about 5 minutes on flag defense without a super ammo...)

As for Pure Chaos:
That weapon isn't that bad. Its about the equivlent of 2x Cruise Missles on instant hit. The way to fix PC's superammoing would be to make the delay time similar to the nuke's.

--RC

IP:

TurdHeart
posted September 09, 2001 11:04 AM            
Indeed - if I'm up against somebody with a flamer, and I've only got a peashooter, I'm gonna back off and try and find a better weapon... practically a death sentence otherwise. If one can pick up a weapon in reverse, all the power to ya, I say!

KONG has good points though - reloading the shadow stinks. I might add, it's proper etiquette to give somebody a few secs if they spawn near you. Kinda sucks to get fried before even hitting the ground.

IP:

A2597
posted September 10, 2001 02:20 PM            
you want unbalenced?!? DL my Caos of Fire and Death! weapon...now THAT is unbalenced. an AI at 40% hard got 19 kills with that thing...and there were only four other tanks. you release them in waves of 20...OW!

LMAO!

But I do agree about the re-loading SK. I remember one game where three guys on my team had it (Including me) and we just ran around fragging EVERYBODY!

IP: