|
Author Topic:   TM Deformation Site - Bug Fix
Random Chaos
posted September 08, 2001 07:29 PM            
For anyone that visits my (still much under construction) site, I have fixed a major bug in the navigation system.

The old version was incompatible with Netscape 6 and 6.1. This problem has been solved at the cost of a not quite as nice a navigation system under Netscape 4.x (since it doesn't use the DIV element in the HTML4 standard and I didn't want to write LAYERS into it).

As a side note:
I am back at work on my site. I hope to within the next few weeks get a modification section back open (its only been down for about 9 months!). I am completely changing the way I plan to do it, but it should work when I'm finished. Going to use a lot of Javascripting though. So its going to take a while to write it up. I will probably make the Navigation section use the DIV element so it won't be accessable from Netscape 4.x . But we will see...for some reason I don't think I can write it up sanely any other way though.

--RC

IP:

Random Chaos
posted September 11, 2001 08:39 AM            
AHRG

In another post you may have heard me ranting about trying to get my mod page to work.

Well, I have a result now:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!

Netscape puts dropdown menus (DIV element) UNDER!!! the IFrame element. So you can't highlight them!

Guess I have to redesign my page completely again

As I have found out, its a bug that's known:
"IFRAMEs do not respect z-index of other, non-iframe content": http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=91516

AHRG!

Well...I'll get back later. It only took me 9 hours to get the page that won't work everywhere written. In another week maybe I'll have a replacement for it...

--RC

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted September 11, 2001 10:34 PM            
There is a site somewhere that will test your site with every browser and every version then tell you where and how to fix it if it dosen;t come out right.The URL escapes me but I look for it for you.May be usefull...........

IP:

Random Chaos
posted September 11, 2001 11:39 PM            
Well, I got the answer. I posted about this to the Mozilla BBS - apparently this DIV under IFRAME problem is a bug in Netscape 6.x. It is also a bug in IE 5 and earlier. So I think I will have to change methods...

Now to figure out how - probably use more IFRAMES. LOL.

IP: