|
Author Topic:   The Omega Map!!!
NeoKi
posted September 08, 2001 11:55 AM            
I was thinking (gotta stop doing that). Wouldn't it be cool if there was a map tht alot of people got to wrk on. I mean a map where one person five things to it then sends it to another perso that does five things to it and so on. I figured that, around five people could work on it, because 5x5=25 hey I can do math yay!!! of course you could always do more per turn or more people. And one other thing could somebody put together a list of programs that are good for making a map.

------------------
Sushi

IP:

KONG
posted September 08, 2001 12:30 PM            
Lets get it started

IP:

JVortex
posted September 08, 2001 02:46 PM            
ya, im game. count me in on it. sounds like a good idea. i dont want to "start" it tho since im already doing a bunch of other TM modding. dont want to take the time to come up w/ a name and theme and so on for the map.

NeoKi, if u want to (since it was your idea) either you start it or you make a listing of what "theme/ features" youre after and then ill start it off. however you want to do it.

main progs youll need:
1) TMapper; of course
2) Paint Program: Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro or something resembling.
3) 3D modeling prog and Lithiums Unwrapper for adding on the custom meshes.
4) text editor: for timkering with your ent files for the map.

nothing too special really, stuff that most TM players interested in modding probably already have.

if you want to move this topic into the modding area (or even to Dreamers BBS) and a listing of interested people can be made there and an order for who gets the map when to work on it.

IP:

NeoKi
posted September 08, 2001 04:39 PM            
Cool, Well i was thinking of a map thats like ramp except its desert and has other features, either that or a map that has potholes filled with bouncing laser. Like dark nova. Befor I can start Ineed to know where I can get some of these programs. I have TMmaper, I also so have the paint shop that come with my comp,(windows paint I think) but I would like a better paint program.

------------------
Sushi

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted September 09, 2001 06:04 PM            
how about a swamp sorta map? imho i think that'd be pretty neat Trees everywhere, water bearly i mean just bearly makeing it onto the land. So its real swampy till somebody blasts a hole there. Or make a model of the CA highway system jj. i'd like to help.... but i don't know exactly how to make maps yet, if soembody could show me or tell me

------------------
(: Can't forget those unside down smileys at the bottem can we (:

IP:

BamZipPow
posted September 10, 2001 04:04 AM            
Neoki,

I think that GIMP paint program from www.gimp.org works very well. It's free. Give that a try. I've only played with it...I'm not a heavy/pro user

...BamZipPow

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 10, 2001 08:32 AM            
id be happy to take some time out on icq GA and take round the fundementals of map making.

Swamp huh - ok ill do that... who should i pass it onto for the next bit - "pup and mesh placment" ?

IP:

JVortex
posted September 10, 2001 02:39 PM            
ok, matrix, u make up the map (be sure to add in a couple hills and some interesting terrain as well) and then ship it to me and ill do the way points (make it a race/ DM map) and throw some interesting spews and squishy stuff on it . after that i can ship to someone else. who's next in line?

IP:

NeoKi
posted September 10, 2001 03:17 PM            
Well I was going to get gimp, bet there are so many links its hard to tell which file or mirror to click on.

IP:

Dreamer
posted September 11, 2001 05:24 PM         
I volunteer for terrain texturing

IP:

NeoKi
posted September 15, 2001 02:24 PM            
So hows the Omega map coming along. I was thinking about adding some cool effects, but not really sure which kind.

------------------
Sushi

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 15, 2001 08:42 PM            
its swampy as required .... with a plateau in the middle.... who do i send it to next - dreamer ?

IP:

NeoKi
posted September 15, 2001 08:52 PM            
I guess so

------------------
Sushi

IP: