|
Author Topic:   DDM this Sunday?
The Weatherman
posted September 08, 2001 09:02 AM         
Due to that lack of input on the subject, I am going to assume that the rotation stands as
DDM
DDM CTF
DDM
DDM RACE/MOD (anyone really like racing?)
DDM
DDM CLAN
DDM
DDM CTF
and we will be having a standard DDM. I will set it to 6 teams, standard but treeless maps.

------------------
The Weatherman [BWL]
The Weatherman's Generic Homepage
Now with stuff!

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted September 08, 2001 12:45 PM            
Won't be here this Sunday.You guys will have to go without me*sniff**sniff*

IP:

The Weatherman
posted September 08, 2001 01:59 PM         
I have changed the list of DDM maps: I have dropped tree and sheep/roo filled ones and added a bunch of other stock maps that looked fun. I may be mistaken, but there is a theory floating around that extras like trees contribute to lag on the server. The server is up now. If you see one you STRONGLY oppose, please let me know.

BTW, he settings are 10 FPS, 5000 net rate. Please email me with suggestions : johnsan@che.utexas.edu

Edit: here is the map list:
DediMap1 = ClayHills.ved
DediMap2 = ClayHills2.ved
DediMap3 = DM1.ved
DediMap4 = DM11.ved
DediMap5 = DM12.ved
DediMap6 = DM2.ved
DediMap7 = DM9.ved
DediMap8 = DMCaldera.ved
DediMap9 = DMCone.ved
DediMap10 = DMSteps.ved
DediMap11 = Jim11.ved
DediMap12 = Jim4L.ved
DediMap13 = Jim7.ved
DediMap14 = Jim8A.ved
DediMap15 = Jim9.ved
DediMap16 = JimCircle.ved
DediMap17 = JimH1.ved
DediMap18 = JimHeavy.ved
DediMap19 = JimR2.ved
DediMap20 = JimR3.ved
DediMap21 = JimS1.ved
DediMap22 = JimS2.ved
DediMap23 = JimS4.ved
DediMap24 = JimT2.ved
DediMap25 = JimT3.ved
DediMap26 = JimT4.ved

------------------
The Weatherman [BWL]
The Weatherman's Generic Homepage
Now with stuff!

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited September 08, 2001).]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted September 10, 2001 01:35 AM            
Did you guys have it?Don't see any posts and it's about 4 hours after the DDM should have ended.I should be back to playing Tuesday night.I really hate going out of town without my comp I really need a good laptop but I'm just a poor college student

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted September 10, 2001 01:38 AM            
apparently it did, I'm still waiting for the pics, but I've been assured from TurdHeart he won all 3

IP:

The Weatherman
posted September 10, 2001 09:35 AM         
Hey Yall,
Any feedback on the server in terms of lags or added maps. I was hoping the inclusion of some lesser used stock maps might make the game more interesting.

Neo and Robu1, those pings are unsane. You would be better off getting a dialup to play. Your school prolly has a decent dialup for a few bucks a month. Before you do that, you should check with your computing help desk and/or see if you have a PC gaming league on campus (they would definitly have dealt with this problem).

EDIT: the rotation calls for a race/mod server next sunday. Any suggestions? The DVS duke mods (less the shatter missle, and a slower renzouko cannon for lag reasons) and the selection of SSO mods JV is hosting (less chaos, Kamemenananananana, the firey death thingy, spirit bomb and with the SSO 240mm) would be a good starting point. Course, I am not going to do squat unless I hear what the DDM actives think. tap-tap-tap Is this thing on?

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited September 10, 2001).]

IP:

TurdHeart
posted September 10, 2001 11:17 AM            
I liked the maps we had. Not a whole lotta crazy terrain, technicolor vomit, etc. For some reason I always dread "Target" showing up on DDM. I stink on that one!

A race should be pretty entertaining, methinks. Will EMP be on there?

IP:

Random Chaos
posted September 10, 2001 01:21 PM            
I didn't make it (got busy last night writing the mod page for my site - spent 9+ hours the 2 days on it - and it works under IE now - but not Netscape 6.x!! - GRRR. Damn IFrame is covering up my DIV elements in Netscape and won't refresh properly under Netscape either. It won't be compatible with NS4.x though - no way I can do that! Note: If anyone wants to look at this, its at http://treadmarks.0catch.com/mods/testheader.html - it works perfectly under IE - but I can't make it work under NS6.x - AHRG!)

As for maps:
I agree - target doesn't make for a good DDM map. In fact its a map that really only works in race mode well...

--RC

[This message has been edited by Random Chaos (edited September 10, 2001).]

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted September 10, 2001 02:10 PM            
I like target, its one of the ones i do better in. Its just a more hilly caldera really.

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP: