|
Author Topic:   Who is psycho?
Irascible
posted September 08, 2001 01:39 AM            
I see many hands going up (you know who you are), but this isn't a mental health question .

Actually, I've attempted on a couple of occasions to chat with Pyscho and got nothing. I don't think he (she?) is a super intelligent AI. So that leaves me thinking either he prefers to concentrate on playing or I'm just getting the cold shoulder; and I hate the cold.

So Psycho, let me know. Cause if wes gots us a fued, I be needing to clean my feuding guns (JUST KIDDING!!!).

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted September 08, 2001 02:52 AM            
Sometimes people just don't chat.They may not speak English or they may be using a gamepad rather than a keyboard.Or they maybe just don't want to talk

IP:

Irascible
posted September 08, 2001 04:14 AM            
No prob.

One other piece of useless trivia, if someone doesn't mind:
How does my AI likeness end up with the name "(I)rascible"? I've never signed on that way. Not that it matters, well... not really... unless I was vein... which I'm not... really.

(My first thread lacks the profundity I had hoped for. I'll get deep next time.)

IP:

The Weatherman
posted September 08, 2001 08:57 AM         
Hehe - that was my little joke as you used to play under Rascible and I like to call you Ras (sounds cool). I will change it to Irascible, Rascible, or Erascible (thot I saw you playing under that) if you wish.
Oh, I had a reply from Psycho yesterday. I asked if he were new and he said "yep". Rather chatty player but he seemed like he practiced a bit before going online.

IP:

wolfman
posted September 09, 2001 02:20 PM            
hi - i usually only use a game pad - wondering how to chat - some times i would be able to would depend on how nimble my fingers are - also, how do you take pics thanks bazooka weapon is awesome and the most recent DM map circle one like is great ciao jt

IP:

Rex R
posted September 09, 2001 08:49 PM            
one of the quickest ways to take screen shots is to add these lines to your tread marks config.cfg file
AnimDir = c:\TempShots\tank
AnimFPS = 15

then make a folder to match. note activate by pressing F12 (starts taking pics.) press F12 again to stop taking pics. pictures will be in windows .bmp(24bit true color, I think) format at the same size as you are using to play the game, other note pics are uncompressed and will take up a LOT of space. so you wont want to take very many.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted September 09, 2001 09:33 PM            
me and kong got psycho to talk today, partly because i was stumping him so hard he had to complain

IP:

Irascible
posted September 10, 2001 12:48 AM            
Actually, you can leave it just as it is for now Weatherman.

Rascible was the newbie mistake of thinking the name had to fit entirely on the visible portion of the sign in screen. Irascible is the correct English term for easily irritated... uh... damn it. And Erascible was my self-imposed dunce cap that I wore for a day when Supe and his team were mopping the floor up with my face in a game of CTF. Get it? Erase-able (boy I need a life).

Anywho, maybe I should change it to Rascible. I was never considered cool in high school. This could be my big chance. Yeah, that's the ticket... (my mind wonders as I envision people saying "Hey Ras..." and I say in Fonzie style "Ayyyyy..." - boy I'm cool - then I envision someone saying "Hey Ira..." ewww, sounds too feminine... hehe).

Minipoll: Go with Rascible or Irascible? I know, taking a poll to figure out one's name sounds like something Clinton would do.

IP:

Irascible
posted September 10, 2001 12:55 AM            
Oh yeah, I talked to Psycho today too. Woohoo! I think he was just trying to build mystique... hehe.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted September 10, 2001 01:08 AM            
call yourself Irascible, but have everyone call you ras

IP: