|
Author Topic:   My new sever!!!
NeoKi
posted September 06, 2001 07:55 PM            
Well WM, was nice anuff to put up a sever that I made, it consist of cool CTF's and DM's. It may have some maps that you don't have so go to:
http://danielsanders.tripod.com/NeoKi_TM_site/

to get them there, i'm trying to make my site one of those one-stop mod places, so if you have any mods just send them too me. but make sure that I don't have them.

P.S. You may need to download the 240 for the bazooka to work. I'll fix that on my site so you won't have to.

------------------
Sushi

IP:

NeoKi
posted September 06, 2001 10:30 PM            
I have noticed that some of you players can't see some of my maps well go to, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TMWeatherServer/files/ to get all thats needed to play, although like I may have said, you may DL my complete version of my Bazooka, at my site

------------------
Sushi

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted September 06, 2001 11:15 PM            
Why don't you just package all the mods together in a single zip with a readme file that says what is in the zip package instead of posting the individual files. One download instead of some large number of individual downloads, or at least make a single zip file and post it also so anyone needing all the files can get it in one download. Just a thought!

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted September 07, 2001 11:06 AM         
Hi Sailor,
that file is here http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TMWeatherServer/files/ under neonserver.txt and Neonserver.zip .

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted September 07, 2001 01:39 PM            
Thanks WM. My meaning was for his download site though not yours. It might make it easier for people who go to his site if he had a full package for a single download.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted September 08, 2001 02:59 AM            
Ok Neoki,I like your server and I like your mods,BUT,some of your mods are way too powerfull.That weapon that starts with a "K".It looks cool,but it's like having a nuke everytime you pick one up.Point,shoot,and count the frags.
I do like your bazooka though.It's pretty balanced.
Some of the stuff that isn't yours isn't suppose to be on a server.The Dark Nova comes to mind.Vlad didn't want that on a server because it causes major lag.
Also,I think there is a server friendly version of the Spirit Bomb.
Other than those things,you have a a good server

IP:

Rex R
posted September 08, 2001 12:50 PM            
yes there is a server friendly(or perhaps less unfriendly) version of the dk nova its in the SSO mod pak (availible from JV's site)

IP:

JVortex
posted September 08, 2001 03:03 PM            
ya the Kameheama (or whatever it is) causes a lot of lag due to uts smoke trail being so dense and does way too much damage. its one of DVS's mods. pretty cool weapon tho once u balance it out a touch.

and there isnt a really server friendly version of the spirit bomb. ive made a couple 1/2-@$$'ed attempts to make one but never quite did. the main thing w/ the spirit bomb is to lessen the number of blue sprite balls that make up its creation. then give it a run thru ENTegerety because there are a bunch of badd calls in it as well (which causes more lag).

and yes remove the dark nova from the server. there is no online version of it (tho i think Vlad plans to do one). it can cause lag offline, on a server its rediculous how much lag it causes. but it sure is a damn cool weapon

as a suggestion too keep an eye on your server widow (or turn on the server logging) to see what some of your problem weapons are. each time an error about "cannot find ...." or something comes up you know thats something to fix. each time the TM server wastes time looking for something it cant find it wastes a little bit of "power" that could better be used in running the server rather than hunting for files it cant find.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. (Under Heavy Construction) The non-TM areas of the site have been resurrected!

IP:

NeoKi
posted September 08, 2001 05:02 PM            
Well thx for your reply all, I told WM that alot of you guys thought that the Kamehameha was a little to much. Ok so here's the deal, I will take out a weapon, but will replace it with another one. I really like the Genki Bomb, but if oyu really really wan't, I'll take it out. I will also take out the Kamehameha. Instead, I'll have WM put in the renzoku blast. That shouldn't, be too bad.

------------------
Sushi

IP:

JVortex
posted September 08, 2001 07:17 PM            
if i remember right a stock renzoku cannon will cause a little lag when used (not sure). upping the ReloadTime in the weapon ent file should fix this however (if its a problem). doubbling the listed number there or adding 50% should work fine.

IP: