|
Author Topic:   100% is easier then 20%
NeoKi
posted September 04, 2001 11:11 PM            
I was thinking, you see while i'v been playing TM with it at 100%, I realized that I was fragging more then I was at 20% difficulty. But I was wondering why that is, I mean was fragging about 47 tanks in less the 20 mins, yet at 20%, i'm lucky to get 20 frags.

------------------
Sushi

IP:

desolation1900
posted September 05, 2001 12:11 AM            
My theory is that the AI tanks are more aggressive and end up spending more time killing each other than you. I keep my level at 100% and the games go much quicker, and the AI is much more aggressive...but the computer always seems to get distracted and starts killing itself.

Leave it on 100%, it will make you feel better.

Try bumping up the number of tanks your fighting. I find 20 tanks (21 total counting me) at 100% is pretty challenging, mainly since the terrain gets so hammered it becomes hard to move about.

IP:

Rex R
posted September 05, 2001 04:48 AM            
or turn on team play

IP:

JVortex
posted September 05, 2001 11:27 AM            
the % also make a difference on race matches. at lower percents the AI doesnt go its full top speed. at 100% they cruise along full tilt (and i think have a slightly higher than normal top speed). keep in mind that TM was mainly designed around being a race game initially, not a combat game. race matches seem to be where most of the AI skill level really comes into play.

IP: