|
Author Topic:   Where is the Weatherman
The Weatherman
posted September 04, 2001 10:55 AM         
The Weatherman is under a pile of work and can't come out and play for a while. My servers will stay up and I will change them out when convenient or upon request. I am also going to post to and read the BBS a lot less frequently (you know how much time that eats). So if there is anything critical you think I should know about or you have suggestions for my servers, please email me at johnsan@che.utexas.edu . I hope to see you guys when I can sneak in some game time.
WM out

------------------
The Weatherman [BWL]
The Weatherman's Generic Homepage
Now with stuff!

IP:

The Weatherman
posted September 04, 2001 11:13 AM         
Just a FYI, I am running my SSO Demo teaser until Par or someone else gets the regular Demo running. I submit the mods on it as a base set for a modded DDM. If you think that any of the weapons on it DO NOT BELONG in a modded DDM, email me. any weapon with 3 or more vetos will be dropped. 1-2 vetos will be strongly considered for dropping.
RC, I would really love to include your SSO's in this but I am still leery of extracting them from the minng pack. If you, or anyone else would like them put up, please email me the zipped addon. I will also be happy to put up anyone else's server side only mod for consideration. Please keep em balanced and error free, tho.

This is the face of addiction

IP:

Paranor
posted September 04, 2001 02:03 PM            
I have solved the problem of automatically starting the demo server program using the "- dedicated.cfg" parameter.

The problem was if I used it this way it would connect up with SKAN's classic server. Obviously that won't work and was very strange.

It appears if you use the passed parameter it read the registry and for some reason the "server" key was skan's server so it would connect to that.

I've played around with my registry and I can now start the program with a passed parameter.

What does this mean?

1) I won't forget to start it when I restart my computer.

2) I'm setting up my PC so that if it decides to reboot on it's own (don't they all ) it will login by itself and thus start the demo server (W2K).

------------------
[BWL] Paranor
Bow before me, for I am root.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 04, 2001 05:44 PM            
a lotta ppl wont get that root comment par lol - unix admin - cool me likes

Fear me cos i am root = kill -9 -9 -9 or Chown ya face off

IP:

TurdHeart
posted September 04, 2001 09:34 PM            
Wow - totally incomprehensible to me!