|
Author Topic:   ?
KONG
posted September 03, 2001 11:12 PM            
boy do i miss playing on skans server. everything is getting too weird.

IP:

Irascible
posted September 04, 2001 01:22 AM            
With all the lights I've had three siezures. But it's better since I've gotten corrective lenses.

IP:

Neo
posted September 04, 2001 01:33 AM            
Yeah, good call Kong, I second that.

No offense to any of the mapmakers, but some of the new maps in WM's are a little rough around the edges. And those tron maps in Kasplatt have just gotta go. Not to mention the unbalanced, system-lagging mods in OZ and Kasplatt. Maybe I just need a new vidcard...

Anyway, I was actually considering running my own "classic" server off my new T1/T3 connection but we're apparently running some kind of new proxy, so that idea is pretty much out the window.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted September 04, 2001 03:15 AM            
I was just saying to Paranor that I wish there were a straight up DDM server.He mentioned his demo server but that wasn't what I was talking about Mods are fun but they get boring after a while and a good old-fashioned shoot'm up server is needed.I've played Weatherman's CTF for the last week and a half.OZ is or was too powerfull.Cornell never runs good for me and I don't know why.I time out at least 3 times trying to connect to the server.Kasplattt is ok but as I said,mods do get tiresome after a while.I really wish I could put up a server but.....................................
Hey Jvortex,ever hear anything from that MPZ guy?I haven't.

IP:

NeoKi
posted September 04, 2001 08:45 AM            
Well, weatherman was going to, play my sever since I can't have one, which is real nice.
But haven't seen WM in a while, so can't send the maps and the sever log.

------------------
Sushi

IP:

The Weatherman
posted September 04, 2001 10:20 AM         
Hey Neoki,
Is it too big to send by email? I have been waiting for you to send the setup. Else, try to catch me on ICQ, or email me and tell me to get on ICQ. In any case , I'd be glad to host your server.

As to having a constant stock DM, maybe JV can ask malice to convert the Nguk CTF. then we would have constant modded and unmodded DM. CTF servers should come and go with the taste of the community as should racing.

IP:

Paranor
posted September 04, 2001 01:07 PM            
I'm trying to get permission to use our T-1 to host some servers but it will be a few weeks. Plus I'm upgrading the systems that use it (firewall, proxy server, etc.).

IP:

JVortex
posted September 04, 2001 03:23 PM            
i havent heard anything from the MPZ guy (mike?) because he was supposedly going to start dealing directly w/ jim on things. i dont know what ever happened there, tho i do have a guess...

i can ask malice tho if he would set up the nguk CTF server as a normal basic server tho, np.

CRAP! i just looked and i dont have malice's email (again)... i dont know how it keeps becomming lost. i also dont remember who got it to me last time. sorry... if someone can get me his steenkin email address (and assuming i dont loose it ) ill ask him.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. (Under Heavy Construction) The non-TM areas of the site have been resurrected!

[This message has been edited by JVortex (edited September 04, 2001).]

IP: