This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   DDMCTF this Wed night at 8EST,Weatherman's server.
SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted September 03, 2001 10:48 PM            
I'm going to keep trying to get something going on Wednesday nights.CTF seems to be a hit with most people.Try to make it if you can.And especially try to make it if you are new to team play CTF Maybe it can be modded too.I'll have to talk to WM,so it's going to be stock unless posted otherwise in here.I will at least see if we can try out some new maps since some of the CTF maps on there no don't go over too well with some players.

------------------
Mod Packs,Weekly Polls,Links, and Other Files...Storage/Download

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted September 03, 2001 10:51 PM            
Oh yeah,these Wednesday things don't go towards any rankings or anything,just a gathering of people who like to play TM.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted September 04, 2001 03:19 AM            
One more thing,the poll on my Yahoo site asks what we should play on Wednesday's.We can maybe rotate between the top two choices.Stock DDM is out of the question since that is reserved for Sunday's.So far 7 have voted and it's a tie between MODDDM and CTF.Drop on over and cast your vote if you think you might be able to show up to some of these Wednesday things.

------------------

IP:

Random Chaos
posted September 04, 2001 08:08 AM            
I'll be late if I make it at all. But I'll try and be there.

IP:

ni
posted September 04, 2001 09:20 AM            
Me got's me a hot date Wed... but it's during the day so for that reason alone, I might not... almost hoping ( ) not to make it Wed nite.. but I'm gonna try up my tally!

------------------
I'd Like to buy soom Cheeeeeezzz!!!!

IP:

The Weatherman
posted September 04, 2001 10:15 AM         
Hey Supe,
Just let me know what you want for Wednesday. I can easily add in some of the RC-CTF favorites - pyramids, poison, and whatever else to the stock CTF I have up. Send me an email as I have been too busy to check the boards frequently.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted September 04, 2001 02:29 PM            
Thanks Weatherman,I'll try not to bother you too much .Anybody got a good CTF setup they can email Weatherman?....RC?

------------------

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted September 04, 2001 06:13 PM            
cool, i'll be there. Just let me know what maps or mods i may neeed to download

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted September 04, 2001 09:56 PM            
DDMCTF = DFF by the way

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted September 04, 2001 10:14 PM            
Why can't it simply be DDMCTF?Now everybody is going to be saying,"What's a DFF?"
Ok,looks like it's going to be me and coax

------------------

IP:

NeoKi
posted September 04, 2001 11:15 PM            
What about CTFT, Capture The Flag Tournament.
Thats a good name.

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted September 05, 2001 12:32 AM            
I should be there. At least I will try my best.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.

IP:

Paranor
posted September 05, 2001 09:18 AM            
Sorry - can't make it. I played so bad last night that I QUIT!

Plus I'm leaving for a week and need to spend quality time with the wife.

But I'll be in my hotel room SAT-WEDS everynight ready to play! So count me in for next WEDS.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted September 05, 2001 04:04 PM            
Need to bump this back to the top

IP:

LordDrow
posted September 05, 2001 04:33 PM            
I will hopefully be there, but have been having all kinds of bizarre comp problems the last few days. Still have to reinstall my ICQ and rebuild my list again. GRRRR..... I HATE MicroShaft......

=MM=LordDrow

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted September 05, 2001 07:20 PM            
Uh...WM...where's the server at? If WM's server isn't up in time,just go to the modded demo server.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted September 05, 2001 07:52 PM            
Just gave WM an e-mail about it...

This is odd - I am actually able to play tonight too!

IP:

KONG
posted September 05, 2001 08:15 PM            
you could have picked a server that could handle more than 8 ppl

IP:

peeeto
posted September 05, 2001 08:15 PM         
waah! where's the CTF server!

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted September 06, 2001 04:26 AM            
Ok.......We had a good showing but thats not the problem.The problem is that 99% of the people who were playing were just simply playing at that time and knew nothing about the planned deal.I think Sailor and I were the only ones that knew about it and showed.Is this Wednesday thing going to be a waste of time?Maybe a better time?I'm not saying WEdnesday's at 8 becasue it's the best time for me.I scheduled it that way because our Sunday DDM's start at 8EST and Wed is the middle of the week.I have to make time to play like everybody else.Throw me a freak'n bone,I've been frozen for 30 years.....Sorry,had to put that in there I would like peoples' input though.Is there a time that is better for everybody?Thursday?Later time?Earlier time?Wednesday is the only weeknight I'm off from work though.I can play nightly after 10EST and earlier on Wednesday's.

IP:

peeeto
posted September 06, 2001 06:38 AM         
i worked my schedule around to make it last nite - so i knew it was up, too (also told MexIndian about it, so i guess he knew it also).

i dunno if i'll be able to make it any more wednesdays, but i'll try - that was FUN!

BTW, Weatherman (or anyone else wanting to set up a CTF server):

20 minutes time limit is just too short, i think [we never got a chance to catch up to Turdheart & his crew! ]. also, i think the frag limit should be increased, too, so that any CTF game doesn't get stopped by # of frags...

IP:

Random Chaos
posted September 06, 2001 08:49 AM            
WM gave me an e-mail back - apparently his DDM server crashed just before the DDM time. It was back up about an hour late - but I was off doing something so I didn't make it...

IP:

TurdHeart
posted September 06, 2001 12:40 PM            
I guess it crashed again after a few games? It's actually funny how time stops when a server goes down. I had a freeze-frame of Supe and Peeeto flying thru the air, burning, but you could still see the fire and smoke moving.

Ever see that movie "The Quiet Earth"?

IP:

The Weatherman
posted September 06, 2001 01:10 PM         
Sorry about the gimpy server. I think my box needs a reboot. It is running Win 98 and has gone 2 weeks without restarting. That is more than enough time for the MS instability elves to locate it and start feasting on its available memory.

BTW any thoughts on this sundays DDM?

IP:

Random Chaos
posted September 06, 2001 01:12 PM            
Hmm - thats odd. Only thing I've ever had crash my server was my forgetting to put the Local dir in my server folder (using DIRS.CFG). That or forgetting a DLL file in my server folder are the only things that usually crash a server. How odd...

--RC

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2