|
Author Topic:   How do you use TMMapper?
NeoKi
posted August 31, 2001 06:57 PM            
You see, I know how to make checkpoints trees and and what not, but how do you make hills and lakes and stuff like that>

IP:

Dudymas
posted August 31, 2001 07:06 PM            
Dreamer might whoop up on me, but I'll still give some stuff, if you go to the TMapper place you'll find a link to a terrain making program. Download that to make decent bump-maps of the ground (black and whit maps in which the white represents the tops of hills while the black would make water on the ground, and gray goes in-between). Also, go to www.gimp.org/win32/ or else just go to gimp.org and search for the windows version... with that you can convert all the stuff to bitmaps that are gray-scaled properly (that's what I use, and both are free). NOW! GO TO DREAMER'S FORUM AND ASK NEXT TIME! cause I won't prolly answer either but will say that, he wants to be able to not have to search for questions, and know RIGHT where to go when he's in the mood for reprogrammin' n' stuff and besides, you might find your answer already posted there before you ask, or there is someone else who's asking the smae question or making the same suggestion and going there and posting with that person would organize the effort to update the program to something better and would make calculating the demands for new features for TMapper easier. There are other more obvious reasons, but it's also easy and (dare I say) better that this forum in some ways.

------------------

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 31, 2001 10:01 PM            
or failing that, load up a paint program, make a new pic 1024x1024 - choose greyscale, use the airbrush tool, white = high, black = low... blur it a couple of times then save it out.

load into tmapper there - done.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted August 31, 2001 10:23 PM            
You have to import the heightmap from a graphics program.

White (255) is high.
Dark Grey (16) is water level.
Black (0) is lowest.

4 units is approximately equal to an average tank height.

General help on TMapper (including an in-progress manual): http://www.treadmarks.de/
Check the "BWL Forum" followed by "TMapper"

Please do not add stuff to the manual thread unless you know a LOT about map making (in otherwords, no questions, just answers to likely questions). Right now Peeto, Dreamer, and myself are making the manual. I think Noper is the only one experienced enough to work on the manual that hasn't.

--RC

IP:

KONG
posted August 31, 2001 11:10 PM            
Neoki, if u want i'll send u a couple of heightmaps so u can see what basically u need to do. leave a message

------------------

<A HREF="http://groups.yahoo.com/froup/KongsTMPlace
" TARGET=_blank>http://groups.yahoo.com/froup/KongsTMPlace[/URL]</A>

sorry the link is wrong here is the right one http://groups.yahoo.com/group/KongsTMPlace

hey guys, it's nice to see so much enthusiasm. Bamzipow, Fury, Mexindian?

DAMNIT!

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited August 31, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited August 31, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited September 01, 2001).]

IP:

Dreamer
posted September 01, 2001 05:54 AM         
yup, ask there. no need to spam this board with questions and answers concerning a non-LDA prog while at the same time directing traffic away from our wonderful home.
Next weekend should see me working on TMapper again (if I have those derned race logs (you don't really expect me to fire up a server and play with AIs just to get a log, do you ) by then to polish up TMstats for a first public release...)

Dudy-> that must have been the most sensible post by you ever

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (edited September 01, 2001).]

IP: