|
Author Topic:   DDM this Sunday
The Weatherman
posted August 31, 2001 02:10 AM         
Hi Treads,
What type of DDM are we having this Sunday? I need to have it figured out by noon Friady BC I am going to go camping. It should either be regular, ctf, or modded. I am limited in time so I want the setup to be as easy as possible. Regualar is cake, of course. For CTF, I can either put up a pure stock CTF, or stock + RC's CTF with no new tanks, or leave up my maps and tanks server less the non-CTF maps. Finally for a modded server, I can leave up maps and tanks unchaged or put up the DVS duke server. I could also leave my current maps and tanks server up as is with a new description. Beyond that, I really can't mess with seting up and testing a new server config. If I don't hear back or there is no clear preference, I am going to put up a straight DM. so, uhmm, rock the vote

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted August 31, 2001 03:58 AM            
stock CTF sounds fine

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 31, 2001 04:46 AM            
I believe it's supposed to be modded.Since i had to run all of those polls No offence to the map creators but some of those new maps need some work.There are too many things with 90 degree angles and deep,deep holes......jagged edges,super slick ground.......ect,I can't imagine the mess that would make in a DDM.I vote to have have it set up like you did for your demo server Weather.It was well balanced and didn't have the easy kill mods.Oh yeah,Vlad said that Shadow thing that shoots lasers shouldn't be on there since it lags the server.Everything else is excellent for a DDM.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted August 31, 2001 07:43 AM            
I think it should be stock either DM or CTF (I prefer CTF games myself).

Just as long as the DDM isn't played on the mining mods server - that server is QUITE unbalanced (depending on the tank you are playing).

BTW, my Chaos server is well balanced (has a few new weapons, no needed client side files). I just need to get it zipped up so people can try it.

--RC

IP:

KONG
posted August 31, 2001 08:25 AM            
supe, my maps are posted on my yahoo group, u are welcome to finish/change anything you like. that's why i put them there.

IP:

swisher
posted August 31, 2001 09:02 AM            
I'd like to see a flash-from-the-past DDM. A long time ago, the most popular servers were those offering a 1-shot-1-kill pea shooter. I know that this has fallen out of favor now, but it is kind of fun. I think you set it in tankgod.ent or something (I can search the BBS for this). All other weapons (stock) would still be there, just less effective than a good old straight shot.

Us old-timers remember Sheldon's server quite well. I belive that 60 frags was the most ever achieved in a 20 minute match.

Just a thought.

------------------
Swisher - Check out ENTegrety for mods.
BWL/MG

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 31, 2001 10:17 AM         
Alrighty, so far stock CTF has the most supporters as Paranor said last night he was for CTF as well. Supe, I like the modded idea as well but the demo pack I had needs to be restored to full version. I think this one was supposed to be modded but I cant find the rotation thread. If somebody can dig that up, it should be posted somewhere else. Maybe coax can host it as he has the most DDM info up already.

Assuming there is not a huge community demand otherwise, I will run a stock CTF . One last question, are there any of the 5 stock CTF maps that should be out? I personaly hate the one with the flags on spires in a lake. I will be hopefully be hours away from internet access at the time so it won't hurt me non if it is left in .

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 31, 2001 10:17 AM         
A new way to hit the submit button twice is to click it once, and then hit the space key as you turn to get up.

*accidental double click spam *

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited August 31, 2001).]

IP:

Random Chaos
posted August 31, 2001 11:47 AM            
WM: FTnCD CTF

I know you can't run that becuase FTnCD package isn't available - but that is one INSANE server config!

Its across between a Nuke server, a Flying Tank server, a Destroy Every Possible Terrain Design on a Map server, and just an overall fun server. Yet isn't overkill becuase of the random generating boxes.

--RC

IP:

Rex R
posted August 31, 2001 12:27 PM            
WM: which version demo package were you refering to the duke mods or the teaser?
edit
here is the schedual
DDM
DDM CTF
DDM
DDM RACE/MOD (anyone really like racing?)
DDM
DDM CLAN
DDM
DDM CTF

[This message has been edited by Rex R (edited August 31, 2001).]

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 31, 2001 12:57 PM         
The Teaser - it has files JV democised (good for the demo, a bit off for the full).

It do have good good balance weapons in it, tho.

I am running with the stock CTF. DMF flag pack added in. FPS 9 , server rate 5000, 2 teams, no set colors (non-clan). 8 Est this sunday 9/2/01

BTW, lets figure out what next sundays DDM will be here and soon. A non modded DDM is the default.

IP:

Vlad
posted August 31, 2001 01:33 PM            
quote:
I'd like to see a flash-from-the-past DDM. A long time ago, the most popular servers were those offering a 1-shot-1-kill pea shooter. I know that this has fallen out of favor now, but it is kind of fun. I think you set it in tankgod.ent or something (I can search the BBS for this). All other weapons (stock) would still be there, just less effective than a good old straight shot.

Hehehe.. always loved playing on Sheldon's server (except when Sheldon would start sniping). To make the 120mm a single shot killer, all you gotta do is edit projectile/tankgun1.ent

Just change damage from 0.2 to something like 1.5. That'll guarantee a kill with every hit. It'd probably be a good idea (if someone went with this) to delete the guidance lines. A guiding instakill 120mm shot is a scary thought.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 31, 2001 01:44 PM            
Here is the thread you were looking for Weatherman, /forums/archive/ubb/Forum2/HTML/001283.html
It looks as though DDM God,a.k.a Paranor,declared that this Sunday is a modded DDM.

[This message has been edited by SuperUnknown (edited August 31, 2001).]

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted August 31, 2001 01:47 PM            
I remember when sheldon put guidance on the 120mm one day. Lol, I could shoot people from off the map it was quite entertaining. I may try to run a one shot server someday. Some have already seen it

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 31, 2001 03:10 PM         
The DDMCTF is up, please give it a test. I am going to be leaving at 4 est, so if there are any problems, I need to hear about them asap - johnsan@che.utexas.edu . the FL is 60, TL is 20, I cut the spires CTF map.

Sorry if this is not by the rotation. I think a modded DM would be kewl, I just need more lead time and concensus on the mods. we can always run with Dukes + JV's SSO pack. tho i would like to see some of the mods RC has too. Want me to just run a trial SSO Modded DM server next week and have people make suggestions for changes? If what is running by next friday is mostly good, we can just use that for the DDM setup

------------------
The Weatherman [BWL]
The Weatherman's Generic Homepage
Now with stuff!

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted September 02, 2001 10:05 PM            
A suggestion for future DDMCTF's.Maybe we should have 3 teams.I hate to say it because I like 2 teams better,but we didn't have a single flag capture the first match.It got better for the last two because teams got a little smaller.Too many people guarding the hill.It was almost impossible to even get near the flag.I wish we could keep on with two teams but I don't know how to make it run smoother.Maybe if there were a few more mass destuction weapons?It's just almost impossible to do with 10 people on each team.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted September 03, 2001 06:22 PM            
I'm always in favor of more nukes. maybe if you double the ammo for each stock weapon that would do the trick Tripple if you have too

IP:

The Weatherman
posted September 04, 2001 10:37 AM         
I am cool with upping the frequency on nukes and matter bombs for CTF- they are hella fun and strategically useful. Not too much tho or flag defense would get too easy.

IP:

Paranor
posted September 04, 2001 01:09 PM            
Yes, I agree - more NUKES!

It was very defensive oriented.

How about throwing in some defensive counter-measure type modded weapons for CTF?

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited September 04, 2001).]

IP:

Random Chaos
posted September 04, 2001 01:16 PM            
Hmmm

A real easy way to screw with the nukes:

On the Nuke/Matter explo entity, add the line: EntityChain0 = Weapon/Nuke (or matter) - may be higher then EntityChain0 though depending which ent you check...

--RC

IP:

Vlad
posted September 04, 2001 02:01 PM            
Yowza, that would make things interesting, if for no other reason than the fact that EVERYBODY would be running to the nuke explosion to grab the new nuke, and then the person who got it could fire it off, blowing up the new crowd, which would draw another crowd, etc...

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted September 04, 2001 02:23 PM            
That would get messy if there were nuke only weapon spawns.I don't know much about .ENT's,but is there a way to just have them occur more frequently?Just maybe have them popup twice as often as normal.

IP:

Rex R
posted September 05, 2001 05:05 AM            
copy the file entities\weapons\nuke.ent to addons\entities\weapons, open the copy with a text editor(notepad will do), near the end/bottom you will see an entry/line that starts 'weight = xx', change the xx to a higher number, save the file, repeat as nessessary till the nuke pops in as often as you like. do the same to the matter missile(matterbomb.ent). thats all there is to making things show up more often.

IP: