|
Author Topic:   Some pics, y'all
TurdHeart
posted August 29, 2001 10:10 PM            
Hey everybody. I've put some new pics up here: http://people.ne.mediaone.net/reavie/treadmarks/treadmarks.htm
...including the last DDM score pics - I think coax might put them on his page too, so I can take 'em off when that happens.

We also had a DNX ladder battle tonite, and lots of other folks joined in on the carnage!
The 4th pic down on the right was a fortunate CTF moment for me, but Super managed a brutal slaughter 2 games before. Scary.... killer ponds!!

CTF is a blast - that spade tank is lightning fast, even when you have the flag - I think this gave us a bit of an advantage. I kept losing control of the bloody thing on bumps, tho. Funny to watch the red dots converge on you when you're arse-up with the flag!

IP:

TurdHeart
posted August 31, 2001 12:49 PM            
Oh, and using the wikkid TMapper program I finally made my first map - "Invader", which can also be downloaded on my page (above). If you feel the need, check it out and let me know how much it sucks.

The name'll make sense if you look at it in TMapper, and if you know your classic video games.

Burp.

IP:

Vlad
posted August 31, 2001 01:29 PM            
Hehe... looks good, TH.

Looks like it'd be a fun map to play on as well..

IP:

KONG
posted September 02, 2001 11:10 AM            
yeah cool map, just played on it. good imagination!

IP:

Dreamer
posted September 02, 2001 11:33 AM         
can't seem to download it. get a 500 error page

IP:

NeoKi
posted September 02, 2001 02:11 PM            
TH are you from atlanta,GA

IP:

TurdHeart
posted September 02, 2001 09:21 PM            
Heh - not from Atlanta. Canada, actually.

Dunno why it doesn't download, but it doesn't surprise me either. Mediaone is getting goofy. I still can't access treadmarks.de from home - no problem from work. Anybody else have problems dling the map?

Got some good comments, so I'll probably tweak it and upload to one of the communal pages.

[This message has been edited by TurdHeart (edited September 02, 2001).]

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted September 02, 2001 10:26 PM            
Turdheart: The second and third pics on the right side show up in reverse if you click on the image. In the one with the big yellow globe you might take note of the player starscream - that was actually me before I noticed my son-in-law had changed the player name on the game and I changed it back to my name. It was the only game of that series that I did any good in - the other games I s*&^%d badly. I was having a lousy night mostly, but enjoyed the games immensly as usual.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.

IP:

TurdHeart
posted September 02, 2001 10:33 PM            
thx Sailor.

Actually - where should I upload the final version of my map? treadmarkmods? Not really a mod, so I was wondering - is there a better place for maps?

IP:

NeoKi
posted September 03, 2001 02:14 PM            
I got a site you can sent it to. I'ts a TM mods site. just ICQ it to me at 128804221 and I will put it on my site. Also, I get medione too, TH. And I was able to get to the site.

------------------
Sushi

IP:

Dreamer
posted September 03, 2001 02:44 PM         
TH - if you want to have your map hosted, just send me a copy or ring me up through ICQ... you may not be able to access www.tmvr.de properly, but others have no problems and it's the best place for maps.
I'm sure RC would want a copy, too.

IP:

Paranor
posted September 04, 2001 12:54 PM            
You know what I found to be annoying when I first starting playing TM? Going to 15 different web sites to get all of the mods/upgrades/updates/whatever for everything.

I thought the YAHOO group was supposed to be the centralized web site? I recall having a few conversations with the new users going "huh? where do I go to get what mod?"

Remember, for some of us TM is our first online game and while I can get around the internet just fine it was very annoying to go to SKAN's FTP site, JV's site and somebody else's to get the mods (can't remember). If we are going to push for TM new users I think we should at least fix a basic problem.

There goes Par complaining again. Complain, Complain, Complain, Complain, Complain, Complain, Complain, Complain, Complain, Complain, Complain, Complain, Complain, Complain, Complain, Complain, Complain, Complain, Complain, Complain, Complain, Complain, Complain, Complain, Complain, Complain.

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited September 04, 2001).]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted September 04, 2001 02:40 PM            
I still have about 12 more megs for hosting on my site.I can always mirror a new club when that one fills.You can find most of the mods and tanks at my club.I guess somebody can add a maps directory and start adding maps.Somebody with more than a 56k upload like me

IP:

Dreamer
posted September 04, 2001 02:47 PM         
I have over 150 megs left at treadmarks.de/tmvr.de, plus I'm working on a mod up/download system that should enable ppl to simply upload a mod to treadmarks.de andforget about it until I/someone I trust verifies the mod and allows downloading.

Btw. THs map is online at TMVR. Looking good!

IP:

Vlad
posted September 04, 2001 03:01 PM            
The actual mod packs should really be uploaded to the yahoo group. I was on Cornell the other night, and things were a little choppy. I suggested a move to the other 3 people on the server to nguk, but nobody had the pack, and since the bzrpg domain is gone, I didn't remember JV's full url.

It would have been much easier to just point them to the yahoo group...

IP:

Dreamer
posted September 04, 2001 03:55 PM         
JV's full url? try http://www.treadmarks.de/bzrpg/

IP:

Throckmorton
posted September 04, 2001 11:59 PM            
Hey one of your pictures shows me chatting
CTF is Kool!

Looks kind of lame now that it's frozen in time in your picture. But at the time I was new to CTF and my heart was racing at the end of that match. I still remember my first capture. I woke up the kids with my "OH YES!".

Anyway, great games / great pix / keep up the good work / yadda yadda yadda...

IP: