|
Author Topic:   Getting 1.6 demo on a gaming CD.
SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 29, 2001 02:36 AM            
Ok,I haven't gotten any gaming magazines in quite few years,but I think PCGamer is the best one out there.I guess we should focus on getting the demo on that CD only.Since they do have millions of pc gaming subscribers, I guess that would be enough to get people here Ok,here is the email address you use to ask them to put the demo on their CD.

letters@pcgamer.com

Try to be crative in you emails and mention that this is a new demo.With any luck it may be on next months CD and the demo server will be overflowing.It's how I found this game BTW.

IP:

Irascible
posted August 29, 2001 03:27 AM            
Just so I sound like I have some clue in the e-mail I send: Is the CD you talk about something that PCGamer automatically sends out free to its subscribers? Annually? How long do we have before they send out the next one? Wouldn't PCGamer be inclined to include demos from their advertisers (there appears to be a running joke about the nonexistent advertising for TM)? What's the meaning of life? ...uh, wait - scratch that last one.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 29, 2001 03:46 AM            
The CD comes out monthy with their magazine.I don't know how long we have before the next one comes out but all that matters is that the demo gets on one of their cd's.
They usually put the latest demos on there so I don't think they just cater to their advertisers.I just sent my email a few minutes sgo.

IP:

Rex R
posted August 29, 2001 03:54 AM            
figure a lead time from 6-8 weeks at a minimum. tm does have a history with pc gamer so its not something out of the blue. mention should be made about how this version includes multi-player. possibly mention the fact that the fact there is a newer patch for tm than the one they released that fixes the bugs included in 1.57

IP:

Random Chaos
posted August 29, 2001 07:42 AM            
Also mention CTF.

I would think waiting for TM 2 would be benificial though since you can't easily purchase the full version 1.5 anymore.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 29, 2001 08:13 AM            
theres always one isnt there - bloody fly in the ointment ! lol - ya never goto dmf site do ya, theres $4.99 link on it - and so far im converting loads of ppl to TM.

point em there. besides a mag cd release of 1.6.0 / 1 would create requests from distributors for copies since they will be getting asked too.

dont be a stick in the mud m8 - whilever you can get tm 1.5 cd SOMEWHERE - i say push it

IP:

ni
posted August 29, 2001 09:33 AM            
ok, who knows when TM2 is released?!?! IT's just for the interim, we want to attract people so they're encouraged to go out and buy TM2!! By the time it comes out and they play that first, they'll be asking why there's a '2' on the end... "was there a first TM?"

It'd b great if a mag could stick the 1.6 demo on it... any popular PC mag realy cos I don't know if we have the pleasure of choosing too easily!

Last nite was an encouragment on WM's 'teaser' demo server cos there were a few potentials coming into the game!

Now's the time for people to join cos I'm sure many more mods'll b released in the near future and people are literally going to connect to servers where they can't see a thing and spend hours dling everything so the sooner the better!

Plus there's Matrix's BZ3, working title coming out pretty soon!!

------------------
I'd Like to buy soom Cheeeeeezzz!!!!

IP:

ni
posted August 29, 2001 09:39 AM            
YOu think if we bug them enough with a few emails, they'll put it on?! Ok, so who's willing to write them?!?!

I will for a start!!

Who else?

------------------
I'd Like to buy soom Cheeeeeezzz!!!!

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 29, 2001 04:12 PM            
I've already sent a nice long one.I added the features that LDA lists on the site plus the ones they don't,like CTF.I also said what was availble in the demo and also mentioned that there's player created mod servers too.

------------------
Mod Packs,Weekly Polls,Links, and Other Files...Storage/Download

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 30, 2001 01:14 PM         
I sent mine in

IP: