|
Author Topic:   clans
uck
posted August 28, 2001 09:46 PM            
i've decided to start my own clan, it will be the (THC) clan that stands for (team hard corp) anyone who wants to be in my clan email me: uckfaouya@home.com

[This message has been edited by uck (edited August 28, 2001).]

IP:

Dudymas
posted August 28, 2001 10:05 PM            
Ahhhh, yes, but what is you goal, if any? I MUST KNOW from someone like you (cause I'm sure it'll be funny in some way) if you haven't changed too much.

IP:

uck
posted August 28, 2001 10:17 PM            
my goal is to start a team of new people (new to 1.6 vers) and then me and this team will see if we can take all you established teams down a notch and put ourselves on top of the ladder.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 28, 2001 11:15 PM            
DNX will be the first clan to put you in your place Neoki,here's your chance to join a clan.
Hey Uck,I see you on the demo server every once in a while.Maybe you can help me get those demo playing ba$tar[)s to purchase the game.You and I know of quite a few that are really good players.We can tell them about the new low price so they can't really complain about paying too much It's time they stop mooching off the demo and pay for the game they play all the time.

------------------
Mod Packs,Weekly Polls,Links, and Other Files...Storage/Download

IP:

uck
posted August 28, 2001 11:38 PM            
there are alot of good players on the 1.0 server, but i only see a few of them on the 1.6 server. and i do try to talk the straglers into making the upgrade because if i could get them to upgrade and then join my clan i think there would be a new clan champion (THC). hehe

IP:

peeeto
posted August 29, 2001 09:14 AM         
yeah! go uck! excellent idea (not enuf clans yet) i wish you the best & look forward to playing ya again

p.s. "THC" - LMAO

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 29, 2001 05:20 PM            
i got your application to the DMF uck - great to see a new clan emerge. however u need a minimum of 5 members to be classed as a clan on the dmf.... soon as you have that and a working site not just a logo - ill register ya right up..... keep up the good work man

IP:

Random Chaos
posted August 29, 2001 06:00 PM            
Interesting...

Now there is a clan for v1.6+.

TC is for 1 Beta 2.1 and before (thats before v1.01 was was released). Thus why we have almost no members!

--RC

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 29, 2001 07:34 PM            
Time to start recruiting huh RC?

IP:

Dudymas
posted August 29, 2001 09:09 PM            
Now now, Peeeto, don't go laughing body parts off for mean old Ucky.

IP:

NeoKi
posted August 30, 2001 05:30 PM            
You know wht if uck can make a clan just like that, then i'm going to make clan, and call it the NEA clan ( Nitro Embassy of Annilation) it's goal, the fight for peace, destuction and a New World Order!!! hahahahahahahahah, no one will be able to stop me and my clan. And if you join clan, all you have to to do is type HP, and me or a partner will rescue you, even if it kills us. That will be the main Idea with my clan, my team comes first, then me. And if my partner is frag, I will seek revenge for him. If you would like to join my clan please email me at Shiroi-Genki@excite.com

------------------
Sushi

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 30, 2001 09:48 PM            
sounds good - now were really movin clanwise - get ur ass 5 members minimum and have a working clan website - and you can register it in the DMF for ladders and tourneys.

ACTION PPL !

This is what we want to see

ps HP is hewlett packard, which is refered to in the uk as Huseless Phackard

just my 2p.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 30, 2001 10:38 PM            
Nuth'n wrong with HP's!!!Thats all I've ever owned since about 94

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted August 30, 2001 11:30 PM            
HP is okay, I work on 5 of them every day. Plus we have another 4 at an outsourcer site in Charlotte, NC. For the unitiated (if any) that is Unix systems running HP-UX. Oh and do not believe all Rixy says, we are a British owned company and our corporate headquarters in London uses them too. So not all Brits agree with his assessment of HP. Sorry to blow your cover Rixy, but facts are facts. I guess you do not care for them much though.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 30, 2001 11:38 PM            
well i get a lot of callouts to problematic home pc's and the three worst are:

Hewlett Packard
Compaq
Packard Bell

custom shape muthaboards, costly parts, hard to get support.... i always advise a custom build - but thats just me....

and those dell cases - damn cant they just file em down, ive cut my hand open on so many of em !!

and whats this crap on the HP models that display blue name on boot instead of a bios aceess key to press ! damn them !!!

IP:

peeeto
posted August 31, 2001 12:25 AM         
i have to agree w/ good 'ol Rixy: down with non-standard ba$terdz like HP, Compaq, etc... i've had a myriad of trouble with my old HP Pavilion 6460 @ work & we had a Compaq's power supply go out last week - US$190 to replace it! argh - makes me wanna puke! BTW. it's only a 110W power supply for a PII 350MHz system!

heh heh heh... i was able to spec. my next workstation myself - a PIII 1GHz with an ATI Radeon 64MB gfix card running Win2K! i just got it and love it!

hmm... i guess we got off the topic...

go THC! go NEA! more competition = more fun!

IP:

NeoKi
posted August 31, 2001 12:51 AM            
NOW HEY,compaq is good, in some cases. Of course I'm probaly only saying that because my dad works for Compaq. But still, if you need help ask me and I'll ask my dad, I have connections, lol. By the way, I ment that HP is short for help. It's easier to spell when your in need oh help.

------------------
Sushi

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 31, 2001 05:04 AM            
I've owned HP's since 94.Four different computers all together.Never needed Tech support becasue I've never had a major hardware problem.I got my latest one custom made through Circuit City and I love it.
I really put the hurt on PC's too.Two of the most demanding things you can do on a computer;Gaming and 3D Editing.Use it daily for hours.Granted when you buy a PC your not buying a HP full of HP parts And the parts are what run the computer,so I guess your PC is only as good at the companies that manufacture your parts.The next one I get though I'm going to build myself,or at least try to

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 31, 2001 08:08 AM            
Dont know why more ppl dont build em, most of us had lego or stickle bricks in our *cough* younger years.

Building a pc is just like lego, you can build a pc in less than 10 minutes and in most cases sourcing the parts yourself can knock 50% off the store price - and you still get all the warranties n stuff.

Pc building aint silicon science, you need a case and power (built in) a mutha board, a hard drive, floppy, cd drive, monitor, soundcard, graphics card.

screw the drives into the bays.
slot the cards into the pci/agp slots
make sure all ya wires are the right way round
plug in ya mouse, keybrd and monitor
turn on !

config ya software and thats ya lot - $300 off list price and the satisfaction of knowing that YOU BUILT IT and if anything goes amiss YOU know whats in ya machine to start puttin it right.

yup - id never buy one from a shop... custom builds only - easier to config, less picky with hardware, and when it comes to upgrading you can do it yourself instead of paying the shop $15 to do it for you !

my 2p

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted August 31, 2001 12:14 PM            
Right Rixy - I see your problem, you hate the PC side of the HP / Compaq / etc... hardware stuff. I use them (we have Compaq mostly at work), but it is probably easiest to build your own - I played with Lincoln logs myself - and like you say it is not rocket science just pure simple. At work they dictate what I use and keep it repaired, but at home I dictate what I use and where it comes from. However, since I work primarliy on operating systems at work I do not mind having HP since I only have to make the software work right and call in the technician if the hardware goes bad.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.

IP: