|
Author Topic:   SDM can Happen!!!
NeoKi
posted August 27, 2001 03:59 PM            
I was thinking that if some of you tankers out their whould like to try the beta version of TM SDM, here's how it works. On sunday, that DDM thing happens like always excetp that at 9:30 pm the two people will be in the SDM, And how that works is, one of those two play changes there sever settings so that there in only on AI and so that there are no nukes and CM's. I like I said, there are three versions: first kill first serve, first to 3 and first to 5. After that the winner can brag to the pulic about who won if they want to. And I will call the winner even if no one else will the King o TM!!!

------------------
Sushi

IP:

NeoKi
posted August 27, 2001 04:01 PM            
I men't to say the two people with the highest frag score will face each other in SDM Round.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 27, 2001 05:03 PM            
You mean after the 3 games are played?I would like to se that written into the game like CTF is.Maybe the winners of the 3 games can square off in a 4th game and the winner of that would be the overall DDM winner???????

IP:

NeoKi
posted August 27, 2001 05:45 PM            
ok sounds cool.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted August 27, 2001 07:25 PM            
only problem is, someone could wait off the screen while the fighting is going on. And when the winner is all battle weary swoop in with the kill.

IP:

NeoKi
posted August 27, 2001 08:47 PM            
and I said make it so that only one person can join the the SDM Round!!

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 27, 2001 09:37 PM            
is it my imagination or does neoki here have a full head of steam !! lol

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 28, 2001 10:06 AM         
"Was I any different?"
approxi~quote- Ben Kenobi

No one is to young to begin the training

NeoKi has some wild ideas, some impraticable. But, so was the Reses peanut butter cup :P

EDIT: Neoki, it is possible to alter servers remotely. but only if you are a net guru and it is not an instantaneous process. Personally, I dont have my servers set up that way. Maybe Par or Skan can volunteer.
I try to live by the KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid!) principal in order to prevent headaches down the road. Is there a way to run this, perhaps on the honor system, that would bypass the need to switch configurations. Perhaps by having a second, 3 person server for the faceoff (2 opponents and a ref). BTW, a neutral Ref tank would make this much easier (Jim )

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited August 28, 2001).]

IP:

NeoKi
posted August 28, 2001 11:15 AM            
Now you getit, it could work. The title of this Topic was that someone could do this. Not, I said do it or pay, lol. Besides, if you wanted we could do this right now, by changing some things in your dedicated file.

------------------
Sushi

IP:

peeeto
posted August 28, 2001 11:59 AM         
also, Jim - from ver 1.5 on, the camera is frozen when a tank dies

i liked it MUCH better when you could still drive around dead

please, please, please re-institute that feature!

IP:

Rex R
posted August 28, 2001 12:16 PM            
to an extent you(or at least I can) still fly the camera around just not very far or for very long

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 28, 2001 02:15 PM            
I don't think 3 people in SDM would pose a problem since they will probably be the best players and won't be fragged so easily We can just make do until or if LDA decides to realease a patch with it.The winners of the 3 DDM's can go at it in a 4th game but maybe somebody can figure out how to make everybody else spectaters and not interfere with the match???????Modders and programmers,can this be done?I really like the idea guys.I've said something like this in the past but I was wanting the Top 10 in the overall rankings to got at it.

IP:

Rex R
posted August 29, 2001 01:46 AM            
well it is certainly easy enough to disable the tank gun(spectators would have to change tanks though if you use the same server)

IP: