|
Author Topic:   How to kick butt in TM!!! The #1 Guide
NeoKi
posted August 26, 2001 07:32 PM            
Their are many ways to kick booty, but the best ways are right here. One of the best ways to waste someone, is by waiting on a hileside for some one to fly over and then blasting them from underneth, all though it takes good timing it does do some damage and can even frag an opponent. The best weapons for this assault are: MG, Avenger, dirtball, Flamethrower, that plasma gun, driller, massive driver, the Shadow Keeper, and the laser. For best effect, use the SK and the Driller. I wiil return with a list of best ways to use your weapon.

------------------
Sushi

IP:

Random Chaos
posted August 26, 2001 07:50 PM            
Against a skilled opponent that doesn't work.

Check out the older threads in the Strat forum (probably about 6+ months old).

--RC

IP:

NeoKi
posted August 26, 2001 08:01 PM            
well thx but i'm not down yet, a besides I killed you.

IP:

Dudymas
posted August 26, 2001 08:46 PM            
Hrm, may I suggest a better way? Follow an AI Team Mate and usually he gets half their life and then you can sneak in and thrash em. But, that and spawn killing are both dirty. I don't go for kills anyhow, I just LOVE jousting, it absolutely rules. Try giving 5x kick on the 120mm shell and you can have a super-de-duper joustin' experience.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted August 26, 2001 09:16 PM            
NeoLi, sorry to say. A very amateur move. If we were at oppistite sides of a hill, there are serveral techniques one can imploy to kill you not vice versa. I've mentioned the technique before, go digging if your interested.

IP:

Rex R
posted August 26, 2001 09:30 PM            
and if the other person has a laser there is a good chance he will frag you through the hill

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 26, 2001 10:31 PM            
It might work in a heated DDM but most vetern players will still waste you if they know you are waitng at the top of a hill.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 26, 2001 11:12 PM         
What you are talking about is what I call a hill standoff. Only AI's, new people, or the distracted charge right into one. Don't expect experienced players to fall for it - The best players don't act like AI's

IP:

NeoKi
posted August 26, 2001 11:26 PM            
Well then masters of TM, why don't you help the newbies out sence your so good. Oh and one other thing, how do you get the TM Medal

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted August 27, 2001 12:40 AM            
don't know what you mean by TM metal. Win the ladder I guess. This brings me back to an earlier discussion. I think there should be more divisions in the bboard posts. Like 10 or less newbie 100 less AI bait. and so on. What do you guys think. I beleive it would stimulate more activity on the bboards.

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 27, 2001 04:26 AM            
Dang Neoki,laying on the sarcasm are we I've got a trick to kill people on top of hills waitng for you.It's going to take some cordination ans practice,but......Put the gas all the way down and launch yourself in the air once you get to the top of the hill.When you are in the air,turn your turrent towards the guy waiting for you and let him have it You'll have to get some good air for this to work.BTW,you might find it usefull to bind turrent view to your right mouse button,...if you haven't done so already.That way all you have to do is right click to go from tank to turrent view.I've notice a lot of people turning the whole tank to face the enemy instaed of turning just the turrent....which is must faster than turning the whole tank.

IP:

NeoKi
posted August 27, 2001 09:39 AM            
anyway everybody, here's a good way to use some weapons, for exaple the Plasma mine. Many people get rid of them as soon as they get them but its better to hold on to them until you really need them. Like, if you pick some up drop of a few where you respawned, also if you see two tanks going at it, try to surround them with PM'm that way you may be able to finish off at least one of them. And try to make it difficult for them to not run into one. Now here's a way to you it against them, if you see them droping off a few blast'em a few times to knock them back into the mines of doom, you may not a frag, but you know you fragged them. Also, this is for TM2, it would be cool if when you used there own attack against them, that the computer would count it as a frag for you.

------------------
Sushi

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 27, 2001 09:56 AM         
LOL,
Ok NeoKi time to give you my favorite strategies links - Random Chaos has an Excellent weapons guide here http://treadmarks.0catch.com/info/weapons.html

and there is some good posts here too: /forums/archive/ubb/Forum7/HTML/000004.html /forums/archive/ubb/Forum7/HTML/000031.html /forums/archive/ubb/Forum7/HTML/000008.html /forums/archive/ubb/Forum7/HTML/000015.html

There are a bunch of other good threads in the Strategies and Styles of Play forum. Be sure to selecect show all topics from the dropdown list on the upper right in order to see the older posts.

IP:

Dudymas
posted August 27, 2001 10:53 PM            
LOL, you want to get more posting on this board? By making people sound like their pathetic because they don't post enough? NO WAY! We have enough posting IMHO and I think that it's better to keep it as it is and let LDA keep on the game. Oh, but some better graphics would do, especially if you could make :NUKE make a little nuke show up as a small gif facing the side of the word at which the colon is at (not the organ! I mean the text symbol, sheeeesh, you sick little monkeys!).

IP: