|
Author Topic:   How to get more people on a sever.
NeoKi
posted August 26, 2001 06:40 PM            
It's simple, we have to many severs. And because of this we only have 1-3 people per sever. All we have to do is have less severs running at one time. And I figured out how to do this. Monday-friday we would only have three to four severs running at a time, and on the weekends everybody could have there sever up. As for the three people that get to have their sever up, we could do a rotaion sort of thing, vote on it gets to be up on which day and soforth. Now if you only see two severs running you can put your sever up, or at least until that third sever gets back up then you have to take yours down. Now on Fridays at around 7:00 p.m. their can be at least five servers up, and it's basiclly get you sever up if you can. Now if you like, each sever could run a diffrent kind of....... gameplay. One could have racing, one could have CTF, one could have DM. but it's really up to you.

------------------
Sushi

IP:

KONG
posted August 26, 2001 07:03 PM            
slow down neoki, we dont do this for a living. do u live next to a starbucks?{JK}
if u want to play against alot of ppl be at the ddm server today at 8 PM est. this one day/time took alot of org. you make some good suggestions, follow through on some. put together your server pack(balanced) and see if u can get someone to host it for u at the time and day that u want it. if it is interesting and ppl are free they will come. u are right if it is up only one or two days a week it will keep its novelty.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted August 27, 2001 04:07 AM            
NeoKi, your logic is based on the fact, that theres not many humans because of to many servers. Thats actually not the case, talk to either Super or me to find out why. Also, race, and ctf servers however novel have not been popular.

Secondly, get ICQ.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 27, 2001 10:08 AM         
I don't think too many servers is the problem just yet. A good thing to do is go wherever the most humans are. Play a game or 2 and then, If you are tired of the server, suggest moving to another. You can usu get a few to come over with you...
Prolly the best way to get company is to just be on a server. I think most people people peek into the server menu, don't see anybody , and leave with out playing. I am about 3x more likely to fire up a game if ther is at least one other human on. Be that human, everyone.
ICQ is a great way to find players too. Just hop on and invite TMrs for a quickie.

My ICQ # is 122386270. Get an account and add me to you contact list and I will send you a pretty complete TM contact list.

------------------
The Weatherman [BWL]
The Weatherman's Generic Homepage
Now with stuff!

IP: