|
Author Topic:   TM Weapons
NeoKi
posted August 25, 2001 10:55 AM            
I was thinking about some good weapons that could be made but I was wondering whats a good weapon making program. Not only that but, there are some weapons out there that could be made way better, such as: the das tornado, it was one of the first weapons that I ever downloaded and is one of the coolest weapons that I have. Anyway, I thought that it could be made better, such as making it stronger and giving it the ability to move and follow your opponents.

There are several other weapons that I thought could be mad beter. Well here's your chance everybody, to make a list of weapons that you think would be cool to add to the treadmarks saga, and also, what was the first weapon that you downloaded?

------------------
Sushi

IP:

JVortex
posted August 25, 2001 02:51 PM            
there are currently 2 mod making/ editing programs available. one is "Chucks Tread Edit" which is an older one and the other is "Tread Marks Mods 1.2" by blandy.

chucks program was never finished, tho it does work just fine as is. i dont have the address where you could d load it from tho. it never worked on my comp anyhow, something about runtime errors or missing files or something, i dont recall now (i was told my problem was unique). Chuck is also no longer supporting the program.

TM Mods is done by blandy and can be downloaded from his site at http://icb.cjb.net/ and is a pretty cool one. its good for learning what youre doing with weaponry (and tanks as well).

truth be told tho the best tool for making mods is a text editor like notepad or UltraEdit 32 . text editors can kinda be thought of as the "power user" programs. seems kinda silly, but i helped Blandy design and set up his program (not any actual programming tho) and i have yet to use it to actually make a mod! hehe. i just got to used to the good old text editors.

Target (the creator of the Tornado) is currently working on a mobile version, tho it really isnt easy with that one. i wont bother to explain why, but its quite a pain. also a "lite" version of the tornado is in the works by popular demand.

im not sure what the first weapon i grabbed was... i think first time i had just grabbed a handful of weapons off of RC's old site. i do remember that midnight and roo-mines were among my first .

i have a whole slew of new weapons in the works (about 15 so far) for the mod pack im working on. so fret not, new toys for X-mas . one weapon id like to see, tho will im sure not get around to making, is a combination between the DVS's Destructo Disk gun and Vlads Dark Nova. basically the disc flys off and when it hits something (ExploEnt) it will sprout 2 discs which will then richochett off to continue flying around. those will also sprout new discs thru the ExploEnt but will just detonate thru the ExploHitEnt. seems fun to me .

good to see new blood in TM w/ such enthusiasm. much pats on the back to ya NeoKI.

blah blah blah, yes im rather bored, thus "Another long winded post by JV" .

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. (Under Heavy Construction) The non-TM areas of the site have been resurrected!

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 25, 2001 03:04 PM            
How bout LDA releasing a patch that contains new weapons???????Maybe even some of the mod weapons too.I think the 240mm should become a standard spawn weapon,along with a few others.LDA,would something like this be practicle in the near future?

------------------
Mod Packs,Weekly Polls,Links, and Other Files...Storage/Download

IP:

Random Chaos
posted August 25, 2001 05:07 PM            
Super Unknown:

LDA has a very good reason not to release such a weapon pack: Game balance. LDA wants a game that is workable in all modes, most mod weapons defeat that purpose.

Also players have a very good reason not to have LDA release such a patch: (a) LDA gains rights to that weapon/mod completely (it would no longer belong to the player) and (b) updating mods would be nearly impossible.

When I start running my FTnCD server I will release a patch that has all weapons and tank mods EXCEPT it will contain no Racetank and Weapon entity class files (so it does not effect your game play unless you want it to). I will also release a seperate Weapon and Tank entity file for those that want the full server.

-------------

NeoKi: I personally use a text editor.
- All .ENT files are text files.
- .VED (map) files there is presently no editor released for this BUT Dreamer is working on a app to do it.
- As for the .LWO files, that is a Light Wave Object file. Most programs that can write 3D wireframe files can make them (though Light Wave is obviously the best due to its native format). Sometimes texturing can be tricky if you use another app's export feature.
- .LUV files are a UV map of the LWO files to allow texturing (do a search of past posts on the Modifications Forum to find where to get an app to do this).
- .BMP files should be self evident (windows bitmap).
- .IMG files are several .BMP files merged together with a bit of header data (no one has taken the time to write a program for this yet - sorry - but generally this isn't needed as LDA includes all the .BMP files that go into a .IMG file as part of TM).
- .WAV is a Wave file (sound).
- .MP3 is the music file (and you can access your own music with some fun command calls that if you want to know I'll answer in another post - but they have to be in a dir called "music").

Generally most discussion about modifications are discussed in the Modifications Forum (go to main the UBB forum selecter and its linked there).

-----------------------

Next:
Note: My site is still not finished. Now that I'm back at school I should get it done (I hope).

Note: My server will be limited to ONE server max at a time. I don't have the IPs to have my laptop and desktop hooked up. Right now I also don't have the FTnCD server ready (have to get DL files together and the server tweaked). Dudymas: You can join if you have all the maps at this time since they are your mods you have all the graphics.

------------------
Random Chaos
randomc@treadmarks.cjb.net
Admin for theTerrain Deformation Site
Member of Clan Temporal Chaos and the Mining Guild

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 25, 2001 11:37 PM            
Well how about non-modded weapons then?Like the stock weapons but add a little more.I've always thought that the game could use a few more weapons.I've came up with ideas in the past but I can't remember them off the top of my head.I think adding a few more weapons,but keeping it balanced,would really spice up the game.

------------------
Mod Packs,Weekly Polls,Links, and Other Files...Storage/Download

IP:

JVortex
posted August 26, 2001 12:33 AM            
well most mod weapons can easily be made SSO. hell, even the 240 could be made SSO. if someone wants to send me a list of mod weaponry that would keep game balance to be converted into SSO weaponry id be glad to throw it together for u guys.

stuff like the 240 and bomb lobber and whatever else.

EDIT
i just realized that this probably has nothing to do with what is being discussed here... somehow my wires got crossed... well the offer is still available if anyone wants to do such a thing... apparently i need sleep.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. (Under Heavy Construction) The non-TM areas of the site have been resurrected!

[This message has been edited by JVortex (edited August 26, 2001).]

IP:

Random Chaos
posted August 26, 2001 07:53 AM            
Hmmm....

ANY new set NEEDS a spire maker

LDA - you know that one - when you played on my server 2 years ago everyone found it fun

IP:

NeoKi
posted August 26, 2001 01:23 PM            
I'll make the list, in fact i'm working on it right now.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted August 26, 2001 02:28 PM            
this should be put in the mod forum, but hell I can't resist saying a new idea. I was thinking about a machine gun fountain. It would be like having a machine gun but there would be 4 of them all pointing in different directions(front-back-left-right) and when you fired it would spin around shooting machine gun bullets everywhere. I thought it would be cool at least

IP:

NeoKi
posted August 26, 2001 05:33 PM            
sounds neat, but I got one thats real neat, it's called the flatner, it's a small projectile about that size of a plasma Mine, but a million times more powerful, you see when it explodes, it creats a massive shockwave that flattens the entire map, that means that you could drive for an hour in one direction, and it would still be flat. Not only that, but it kills everyone including yourself. And then there's Hell's Flash, which is a red energy ball that digs deep into the maps core, and then explodes making large laser blast erupt out of the map leaving small deep holes. The laseres would blast every-ware on the map, making it difficult to not get hit moveing or not.

------------------
Sushi

IP:

NeoKi
posted August 26, 2001 08:03 PM            
coax where do I send the list?

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted August 26, 2001 09:30 PM            
send it to me via ICQ or at coaxs@yahoo.com

IP:

JVortex
posted August 26, 2001 10:27 PM            
i put together an SSo mod pack last nite. there are a couple bugs to work out (2 i believe) and ill probably release it tonite for anyone who wants to fine tune it

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 26, 2001 11:18 PM         
I would like to see a leveler style weapon, but on a much smaller scale. Something that would erase holes, remove roughness, basically make a good manuvering surface. This would be lovely for small maps or servers with a lot of ground disrupting mods. Lets say that anything below the level of the shooting tank and for about a radioius of 4 tanks finds themselves with Hoffa.

A total board leveler would not be much fun - no terrain, little strategy

IP:

NeoKi
posted August 27, 2001 09:24 AM            
I have a question, why don't I see the Kamehameha on severs, it's a real good weapon. Oh, and where can I get the Renzoku cannon, could someone please email me that and the and that cool disc gun, my email is neokigt@neo-tokyo.org

------------------
Sushi

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 27, 2001 09:44 AM         
get the Renzouko and destructo Disk gun from Supe's yahoo site : http://groups.yahoo.com/group/treadmarkmods

EDIT: they are in the DVS Duke mod pack

Personally, I think these 2 rule and may even be considered balanced bc they are not a guaranteed kill - The Renzouko looks awesome but doesn;t do an overwhelming amount of damage and the Disk gun knock your opponent to a sometimes safe distance and can be hidden from by gettign behind a modest sized hill.

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited August 27, 2001).]

IP:

Random Chaos
posted August 27, 2001 09:53 AM            
Rezenkou is nice for mining too

Who made the Disk? I don't have it.

I do have the Rezenkou - it was made by Dudymas and is part of the FTnCD server package.

IP:

Rex R
posted August 27, 2001 12:45 PM            
I believe that DVS Duke may have put together the destucto disk leastwise its in my oldest duke mods package

IP: