This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   TM2
NeoKi
posted August 24, 2001 04:11 PM            
I think it would be great to have treadmarks 2, but I was also so thinking, that if thier is going to be a TM2, that we the gameplay fans, should make a list of things that it should have to make TM1 look like the crapiest game in the world. After composing a list, we could send to the creators of treadmarks so that they would atleast get an idea of what were expecting to come.

I got few suggestions: a cool intro movie, new and cooler tanks, a new mod like (SDM) Sudden Death Match, where you play until there are only two players left and they go into the SDM Round leaving only one standing.

------------------
Sushi

IP:

synack
posted August 24, 2001 04:44 PM         
I think the Sudden Death Match is a GREAT idea! Always good to have fresh thinking!!

The idea to create a list of new features we'd like to see is one we've discussed quite a bit here on the BBS. If you do a little investigating, you'll find a lot of great suggestions that the gang has come up with.

As far as the creators, you're talking about LDA (LongbowDigitalArts), and they DO watch the BBS, and jump into conversations from time to time. If you're lucky, you may even get to play online against LDA Tom and LDA Jim sometime! (Haven't seen you guys lately ... come on Tom and Jim!!

So for the most part, all we need to do is just what you are doing. That is, suggest ideas right here.

Thanks for the great idea NeoKi!

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 24, 2001 04:51 PM         
I think coax had a similar idea of setting the re-tanks rate for a DDM server to longer than the game last- in essence you only get one life. In otherwords, I think we can run this idea in the exisiting TM - the future is now

Keep the ideas rolling in , you are already holding up your name sake

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted August 24, 2001 05:08 PM            
The Sudden Death Match is a great idea Neoki. I called it extending the re-tank time but I like the sound of SDM. Unfortunately only you and I like the idea. When I proposed it before it got shot down big time. Not a single person liked the SDM idea. oh-well, maybe its one of those thing my girlfriend does for ex. If I like Raquetball she absolutley hates it, but if your best bud likes Raquetball of a suddne shes a big fan of it.

IP:

synack
posted August 24, 2001 05:25 PM         
I beg your pardon???

If you look back, you'll see that I ranted and raved about your idea!!

ok ... no, I didn't. But I WOULD have if I'd realized your intent.

Anyway, count me as in-favor of the Coax/NeoKi SDM suggestion!

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted August 24, 2001 05:48 PM            
Yes, SDM would work if players could stick around and watch in ghost mode, with full camera controls (preferably a birds-eye view).

I also like the "TM the Movie" idea except that to have metal tanks out to prevent evil liquid tanks from building the ultimate weapon keeps the shadow keeper from being available....The movie ( or game campaign )goal could be to prevent half a dozen or so evil shadow keeper tanks from assembling in a "gathering of the clan" where they would unleash the ultimate "xxx"...... Each shadow lord and its minions could be isolated and ambushed enroute, or assaulted where they camped out etc.

Jim

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 24, 2001 05:55 PM         
Whoa! That is a crazy idea Jim!
NeoKi - you have truly inspired new energy

IP:

NeoKi
posted August 24, 2001 06:21 PM            
Cool glad you all like it, here's a more detailed version of my Idea. First, the DM game would start off like normal with teams and everybody trying to kill someone. Once the time ended, the two players with the most kills or (frags) for the young ones out there, will face each other in the SDM Round, even if they’re on the same team. Which means that you can release all the anger against your partner for, never being there when you needed help, shooting or even killing you. Your battle will take place in a large flat field with weapons spread about. Both TF’s (Tank Fighters) start of with full health and 8 120mm bullets. The only weapons that are not allowed are: nukes, matter bombs, and cruise missiles, I mean that wouldn’t be fare, having an opponent chase you then end up being blown up with a CM. Now there would be three types of SDM Rounds, such as: First Blown First Serve, which is basically first one to kill wins, then there’s First to three or the first one to frag there opponent three times wins, and then there’s the first to five. If at any time the clock runs out of time, which you can change from 20mins to infinity, the player with the most frags or health wins. Frags over health wins by the way. The cool thing is that the other TF’s can watch the battle on their screen but cannot communicate with the fighters in the SDM Round until it’s over. They can on the other hand talk to the other castaway’s about the match. If you somehow manage to kill yourself you lose, if you frag your opponent and yourself, a win will go to both of you, on the other hand if your playing first blown first serve, then you will start over until there's a winner, but there's a catch, you will both start off with only half of your life. If this happens again, you will both start off with only 10% of your health.

Well that’s about it, hope you like it, also if you have any Q’s about SDM just email me at neokigt@neo-tokyo.org

Another thing I thought would be cool for TM2 is that if everybody had a ranking, that tells how many games they’ve played, how many they’ve won, how many they’ve lost. Whats there average gameplay like. You know stuff like that. That way you can tell what your up against, and all you have to do is go to the in game menu and click on a little icon of they’re tank.

------------------
Sushi

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted August 24, 2001 07:22 PM            
lol, now I'm jealous, you even got JIM to comment . For posterity sake heres what I said August 9 2001 /forums/archive/ubb/Forum7/HTML/000034.html
quote:
Where once a player dies he can not simply get an other tank, they have to sit out the rest of the match untill everyone is fragged and the remaining tanks on whoever clan their on takes the honor from the field

I do concede my idea is different and not as good as Neoki's though. I was just pondering how we could tweak the already DM structure to this type of "tournament royal" structure(now called SDM=standard death match)

The ranking of Tread Marks players can be found here at my website www.geocities.com/coaxs/ranking.html

Player statistics can be found here http://home.austin.rr.com/treadmarks/

Anyone not on these lists are typically newbies, so we already know they are not 'that' good

JIM: If an ingame campaign is going to be pursued somewhat. The head evil villan tank needs to send out his trusted zodiac tank named "coax" to face off in a dual of mass drivers

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

NeoKi
posted August 24, 2001 10:01 PM            
Man coax, you really got dogged back there, but I must agree with EVERYONE else and say that I like my idea better. Although, I must say that I thought about doing the whole once your killed you can't come back thing. But then I realized that it wouldn't be much fun.

Another thing I must add, is that I was thinking that it would be cool I you could play in a city. Like San Francisco, and fight on the non-golden gate brigde and have the ability to blow it up and fall into the Pacific Ocean, ether that or New York. In fact I think the people should start making maps that look like real places, such as Paris, Germany.

And speaking of Germany, why the heck isn't there a TM tank called the Juggernaut, which is a Germany tank that was used in the battle against the USA when they were at war against Germany.

------------------
Sushi

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 24, 2001 11:09 PM            
Thought that was the Tiger Panzer I too like the idea of sudden death.I would really like to see the top 2 player(or lucky platers) square off at the end of the game.That would eliminate players preying on the weak to get frags(I admitt I'm guilty of that sometimes).Kind of like King of the Ring if we have any wrestling fans in here.coax,I must have missed your post or you must have did a bad job of trying to explain it

------------------
Mod Packs,Weekly Polls,Links, and Other Files...Storage/Download

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 24, 2001 11:10 PM            
Maybe LDA can have the code whipped out by the end of next week

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted August 25, 2001 02:57 AM            
I'm still waiting for 1.6.1 that they mentioned a while back ago. They said it would have in-game chat, hehe I'm going to have to buy a headset then. But expanded boot functions is a must LDA. And of course most importantly let us at least test it out before you release it to gamer websites and the such. Just a single day of running it on our platforms would sufice. SDM would be cool too.

super: my post is here it waso on the main TM bboard /forums/archive/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000244.html

quote:
I couldn't agree with you less Dudy, I think LDA should focus more attention on Death Matches then CTF derivatives. But, you do make one interesting point though, I think TM should have perhaps a variable death time. So that if you die you just don't get a new tank right a way, you have to sit there for like 10 seconds. It could be totally ajustable by the server op. and it would force us to be better skilled then suicidal.

guess Dudy can share some of the credit for the SDM idea too.

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 27, 2001 12:02 AM            
What about a Recorded match "demo" like in the quake game where it records your movements - data files are so small they can easily be downloded and replayed in jims "birdseye view" mode with varying camera angles.

I know this is very popular in quake, and im sure it will settle any "i fragged you, no u didnt" arguments ! - it would also be great to analyse from the air your performance and learn from your analysis.

IP:

NeoKi
posted August 27, 2001 07:39 AM            
I agree it sounds cool, not only that but it be cool to have a feature that allows you to see the hole map, and have the ability to zoom and zoom out.

------------------
Sushi

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 27, 2001 09:58 AM         
Jim has a "birds-eye view" setting? No fair! I have been wnating one forever. Share Share Share !

IP:

peeeto
posted August 28, 2001 05:39 PM         
* hey JV - remember this?:

JVortex's Thoughts on TM2

excellent list - we'd love it if you'd help keep it current!

IP:

NeoKi
posted August 28, 2001 06:59 PM            
Oh, I got a better Idea for the TM movie, instead of the liquids fight the Metals, we could make a movie where every year a group of tread lovers get together and have a tank sort of tournament known as the TMT (Treademarks Tournament). Where a large group of some of the smartest scientists, greatest metal welders and top tank drivers get together to build radical tanks, and face of in what we know as DM (DeathMatch). We could this movie TREADMARKS 1.0. The reason that there are no liquids in this movie is because I believe that in the first treadmarks game there were liquid tanks.

------------------
Sushi

IP:

ni
posted August 28, 2001 09:08 PM            
Two sides used to sort out political disputes? yadda yadda!!! How would they get around the multiple frags of each tank?!?! lol

------------------
I'd Like to buy soom Cheeeeeezzz!!!!

IP:

NeoKi
posted August 28, 2001 09:35 PM            
well simple, in the movie they wouldn't exactly frag each tank, you see like in the game your tank has a life percentage, and every time you take a hit it goes down, well you see that how it is in the movie, not only that but you can also see what your opponent's life percentage is. In the movie the tankers would blast at there opponents untile it's at 1% which is when the driver and his team leave the tank and are airlifted by a heli before the tank is finished of.

------------------
Sushi

IP:

Dudymas
posted August 28, 2001 10:00 PM            
Simple, each time you die, you pick a new tank to use. This way you have special tanks that you would have to save for when the enemy gets a special tank whipped out, or for when you see that a lot of people have whimpy tanks put out and you can frag them all with a good one. Also, may I disagree on the new plot you just stated. I like to keep things on the "Good vs. Evil" like Jim said not only because a lot of people don't just play for fun but want a realistic plot... I like the idea of a plot that is about having fun every now and again, but that is the few of us. So far I've only heard about these frag dependent games that are very serious sounding. You see, your talks about the method of the SDM seem warlike. There is no fun or testing or second chances, you just see who can kill and dominate. In the newest plot here, you're talking about a get together, which sounds like we should be racing, stunt deviling, showing off, and having all out fun. I like the latter thing, but one or the other has got to go, if you want to deal with it logically. I say we spruce it up, since we're just going to attract a bunch of fraggers who aren't going to laugh when you kill them because they made a mistake, but will rather get angry and seek revenge. I don't like a community based on that, eeeek, we've been against that... does anyone remember TRACERBULLET... he flamed when he saw how Hawk referred to himself as a manager of an asylum that I and many others were "part of". He thought it atrocious, and demanded we act under a line of rules for this forum. That's the kind you CAN get with a warlike game... and oooooooweeeee is it fun to do barrel-rolls in a M1-Turbo with a dirtball gun even though the splash damage will kill you and you get nothing more than some frag-determined person to do the silent "stop-it you queer" aggressive and purposely waste a nuke on you or go out of their way to simply frag you at all means. I hate it when some guy has to trail you, wait until you're in a fight and then frag you with your back turned to get revenge. That's my say about ANY frag fest. You should balance it out, as I certainly wouldn't want everyone to start going silly, BUT FOR GOODNESS SAKE! Don't go extreme. Okay, I'm ready for any thoughts about this, I'm currently non-silly if anyone has something serious to say back! But be gentle

IP:

Dudymas
posted August 28, 2001 10:01 PM            
doh, this took so long to type that I was beaten to the answer above by neoki, hehehe

IP:

Dudymas
posted August 28, 2001 11:25 PM            
Oh thanks, just when I strain myself to the breaking, tearing, cramping, stamping, ramping, amping (made that up kinda) limits to be ever so slightly, delicately, fine-line-ly serious, you have to all stop posting so you can burst out laughing when I can't hold my breath any longer (or the blue face I get is good enough for bragging rights and some flaming like this so I can roast some marshmellows in hickory flavored smokin' topicness). Gooooooodnight *heads for PernMangband*

IP:

Dudymas
posted August 28, 2001 11:27 PM            
oh, and goodmorning to Dreamer *tease tease*

IP:

NeoKi
posted August 28, 2001 11:44 PM            
Well thx for the opinion, but you see with all thats going on in real life the the origanal TM Idea could never happen. WHY you may ask, because of these parents, they don't like there kids playing these sorts of games and to make a movie with tanks blowing up each other with a humans in them, would be concidered as a violent game and would get parents to try and shutdown TM. We don't want that, I already heard on the news that they are talking about taking out shooting and fighting games from the some of the arcades, which really sucks. We won't people to enjoy this movie without thinking about trying to stut it down. And although I do like the Warlike part, parents don't.

------------------
Sushi

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2