|
Author Topic:   TM the Movie
NeoKi
posted August 23, 2001 11:14 PM            
Wouldn't it be cool if there was a TM movie, I mean it would be awesome. Imagine, the metels VS the Liquids. And the point of the movie would be for the Humans with there metel tanks and ther super cool guns to stop the Hydrotrons from finishing the perfect weapon, the SHADOW KEEPER. Please tell me what you think!

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 24, 2001 12:08 AM         
Well, Neoki, that is by far one of the most original ideas sent up in a while . I would definitely watch it. Maybe we could get a script and act it out one day online.

IP:

JVortex
posted August 24, 2001 03:05 AM            
lol, i have a feeling that this idea will end up going somewhere it was never intended for it to go.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 24, 2001 09:59 AM         
If anything it is a good excuse for a new team battle type - liquids vs. steels! I like that the liquids are the bad guys Unfortunately, I thing there are way more steels active.

IP:

Paranor
posted August 24, 2001 12:49 PM            
If someone has a 64MB cached RAID5 server using 160MB SCSI drives to play TM on at work and dump a load of BMP screen shots (F9 right?) and compile them into a movie - would that work?

HMMM - me thinks I'll try this.

IP:

Rex R
posted August 24, 2001 02:22 PM            
well if you have enabled screenshots in tm, then its F12 at 15 frames per second. best be running at 640 x 480 or lower cause the bmps are bout 950kb each
edit
would be better IMO to find someone with a TV out vid card and run it through a vcr

[This message has been edited by Rex R (edited August 24, 2001).]

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 24, 2001 02:30 PM         
I can do that. My laptop has an svideo/phono video output and I have a headphone to phono audio adapter. I can run it through my camcorder to the firewire card on my homecomputer to Studion DV where I can make it into mpegs or realvideo.
If my wife doesen't kill me for being a big geek first
Personally, Id like to see if Par can pull it off. If it cna be done quickly, there could be some awesome kill shots. Maybe Ill setup my setup for next DDM, tho

IP:

=DNX=goku
posted August 24, 2001 03:27 PM            
i would to love to see this in action it might be funny

------------------
KameHaMeHa boom!!! you all are gone hehe

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted August 24, 2001 09:57 PM            
Yeah lol This could get real intresting, Especially if we could get a invisible Tank working Then take out the frags counter,,,,,,,,,,,,etc Hide the text files from TM so it doesn't load what people r saying, So the ?Actors? could still talk. You could make little tanks or soemthing that looked like a shadow gun being built on a GIANT hill (Maybe the Ramp) (Or the moon). Ok maybe i didn't catch what was said correctly Cause tihs is sounding strange to me. Then you could make different tanks to fire certain weapons instead of waiting for the right one to spawn... One could be a nuke launching tank....etc

------------------
(: Can't forget those unside down smileys at the bottem can we (:

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted August 24, 2001 10:19 PM            
edit

[This message has been edited by coax (edited August 24, 2001).]

IP:

KONG
posted August 24, 2001 10:27 PM            
TM2 thread

IP:

Paranor
posted August 25, 2001 11:39 AM            
Well, with just playing around with a standard PC I was able to make a MPEG out of it. It's 36MB though.

Thanks for the tip on the resolution - I'll try that next to make it smaller. Each BMP was 3.1MB. However, I did convert them to JPG but if the original file sizes are smaller then it should dump them quicker.

Anyone know of a good BMP to AVI/MPEG tool that's free? I was able to find a BMP to AVI tool but you had to manually set EACH frame to 2 seconds, etc. That's too long when you have 170+ pictures. If you don't change how long it shows then the movie zips by real quick.

I have two of them. The smaller one shows how "quick" it is. The second is playing around with slowing the frames down for the first few seconds. VERY BIG so only get if you have a cable/dsl/t-1.

ftp://karllois.dyndns.org

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited August 25, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited August 25, 2001).]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 25, 2001 02:54 PM            
Ulead MediaStudio Pro is about the best movie editor I've ever come across.It's has a lot of advanced features but it is simple enough for a novice person to run.It has a lot of suites with just about everything you can imagine.I use it to edit avi's I make with my digital camera.I think it has a 30 day trial but you can ICQ me and that might disappear http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0-10079-100-1683015.html?tag=st.dl.10001-1 03-1.lst-7-7.1683015

[This message has been edited by SuperUnknown (edited August 25, 2001).]

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted August 26, 2001 02:42 PM            
We could make DDM movies. But how big of memory do movies take up?

IP:

Paranor
posted August 26, 2001 02:58 PM            
I'll have to mess around with it some more with color depth, resolution, etc. before I can give an answer. Of the two settings I played around with there does seem to be a difference.

A interesting note is that before I convert AVI to MPEG the original AVI was 1GB and the MPEG was 36MB.

Anyone else have experience with this?

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 26, 2001 03:28 PM            
If u use Ulead they give a ton of different compressions and codecs that you can mess around with.I'm sure you could get thet 36 down to 20meg or lower.Plus,it may help if you convert the .bmp's to jpg since bmp's re freak'n huge.

IP:

NeoKi
posted August 26, 2001 04:06 PM            
Now wait a minute, there these things called music videos, which I am sure you have seen on MTV, but i'm talking about music videos made by anime fans, with japanese video clips, and mp3's. and they use this software which you can get at. http://www.adobe.com/ and http://www.xingtech.com/ both these things combind, make an awesome things such as. these music videos at http://www.dbcollection.com/trunks/mvideos.html ,oh and by the way please pick the X-man trailer. I'ts real funny.

Now, for a more info, I suggest that you pick Real player, to play the movies in, reason, the size of the movie will be smaller.

------------------
Sushi

IP:

NeoKi
posted August 26, 2001 04:08 PM            
Also here the website that I got the links from, http://ggg.cvgnet.com/musicvids.shtml

IP: