|
Author Topic:   DDM this Sunday
The Weatherman
posted August 23, 2001 01:07 PM         
Hey Treads,
So, by the rotation that the DDM Lord has decreed, we are having a DDM this Sunday. Just a regular-schmegular or a modded one?

By the Yahoo poll, the only totally non-objectionable mod is the 240mm. Do you want to see this one on Sunday. Any others?

I will put the DDM up if there are no volunteers. I will try to get the lag down

------------------
The Weatherman [BWL]
The Weatherman's Generic Homepage
Now with stuff!

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 23, 2001 02:16 PM            
It should just be a regualr DDM and the Sunday after that should be modded.
I should have a new poll ,about tanks,up by tonight.

------------------
Mod Packs,Weekly Polls,Links, and Other Files...Storage/Download

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted August 23, 2001 03:10 PM            
I agree with super. But, I would still like to see the 240mm there this sunday.

IP:

Paranor
posted August 23, 2001 10:52 PM            
ATTENTION!
- The "DDM LORD" is speaking.
ATTENTION!

This week should be a standard DDM with no mods. Next week can be modded DDM. How about DVS duke setup? TRI NUKE BABY!

I can run the server if you want TM - I have a T-1. ok?

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 23, 2001 10:59 PM            
I agree,I think the 240mm should wait until it's a totally modded DDM.And a modded DDM needs to be on the fastest server availible I'm sure it's going to be laggy no matter what we run it on but every little bit helps.I'm going to concluse the weapons poll so you guys can know what needs to be left out.

------------------

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 23, 2001 11:19 PM            
New polls are up covering what should be omitted in a modded DDM.

------------------

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 23, 2001 11:22 PM            
Now that I think about this mod stuff,how would eveveybody know what tanks not to pick when trying to enter a modded DDM?Maybe we should just not try and omit tanks.What do you guys think?

------------------

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 24, 2001 12:23 AM         
Well, the easiest way would be to title it MODDED DDM 9.2.01 @ 8est and put in the description: MUST INSTALL THIS MOD PACK *link*

If we were to use DVS duke mods, it would be necessary to tone them down a bit - in terms of balance, landscape deformation, and utility. The board gets pretty gnarly with just 6 playing, I would hate to see it during a DDM. Pogo and jump gun (a less diggy version) are a must. Imagine the pictures! A nice thing about those mods is no download required.

Hey Par, would you have that T1 this weekend? My server keeps crapping out - I think it may be because my maps are not numbered sequentially. It may be repairable but I don't wnat to spend hours trying to debug it if it is not that one thing.

------------------
The Weatherman [BWL]
The Weatherman's Generic Homepage
Now with stuff!

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 24, 2001 10:11 AM         
Hehe, well, maybe I need to keep my head out of the fume hood. I don't know why I thought my server was down last night. It was running fine when I got in this morning. But, if yo u are willing to host the DM, I am totally cool with that.

EDIT: BTW, thanks to Rex for sending me the DVS Duke mods. They have been a hit judging from the traffic I have seen.

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited August 24, 2001).]

IP:

Paranor
posted August 24, 2001 12:52 PM            
Sure, I can run it this weekend. Can you e-mail the config file to karl@karllois.com?

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted August 25, 2001 03:06 AM            
ahhhh... the perils and privledge of organizing DDMs, I'm glad those days are over. You think its hard now with mod vs.unmooded DDMs. I had to deal with making Sunday's the official DDM day and actually having no servers running TM past 1.0 . Anyone interested in the history of DDMs can check out this thread to see some of our old comments, I thought it would be useful for the newbies to see /forums/archive/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000773.html

Also, I'm thinking about becoming official TM historian, and my first job as historian would be to write the history of DDMs and I guess maintain the history too since they are still going. Been in the community for over a year, and all the gibberish everyone posts actually makes sence to me now

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 25, 2001 04:36 AM            
How the heck are you going back that far in the forum history?The latest stuff I see was July stuff.

IP: