This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3  |
Author Topic:   New Blood
The Weatherman
posted August 21, 2001 09:41 AM         
I have been seing some new faces online lately. This means that people have been following the first 2 rules of Frag Club .... you do talk about Frag Club!

There is a pretty big group of new players now: Hammer, Iceman, (I)rascible, Mexindian, Plague, Robo Jaws, Pablo and recent joins Fury, PlayerTom, BamZipPow.
Welcome All! It is good to see you online.
Don't be shy, post here or elsewhere on the BBS and say Hi. Get your friends addicted... Where are you Backup and U?

So far everyone I have met are real cool. Only problem I have seen is some swearing (stopped upon request). Looks like a pretty talented group, too. It is prolly best to get your frags in now while they are still making some newbie mistakes .

------------------
The Weatherman [BWL]
The Weatherman's Generic Homepage
Now with stuff!

IP:

peeeto
posted August 21, 2001 05:22 PM         
heh heh heh...

you can blame me for Mexindian: i got him hooked on TM real good-like!

he says 'hi' & will watch his language from now on...

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 22, 2001 12:10 AM         
Lol! - He seemed pretty cool but not the only potty mouth :P . Again, not a big deal, just have to let em know once and that seems to take care of it.

Forgot to mention Wolfman and just met Clayboy

IP:

oli2808
posted August 22, 2001 06:45 AM            
are you sure that any of these newbies aren't just one of us under a different name? .....hmmmm........

IP:

_HAMMER
posted August 22, 2001 07:47 AM            
Hey this is Weatherma.... I mean HAMMER (kidding... oli2808)

Well, I finally have the full. I guess I have moved from 'sub-newbie' to full-fledged 'newbie'... Now what do I do?

Does anyone have any suggestions for a new tank choice. I have gotten used to destroyer but now with so many to choose from I still have not figured out which are the best ones. Someone said something about being able to build tanks and weapons?

I am in the process of getting a couple of people addicted. The cool thing is, you just point them to the demo download and the game does the rest.

IP:

Vlad
posted August 22, 2001 08:54 AM            
Heh, welcome, hammer.

As far as tank choice goes, just noodle around with the different ones and see what you like. As a general rule, steel tanks are a little tougher, and have a more "solid" feel to them when you're driving. Liquid tanks are quite a bit quicker and more nimble, but they get tossed and flipped a lot easier. As for the specifics for each tank, the shape of the tank pretty much gives away how it'll handle... For example, Claymore is a little clumsy, but it's damn hard to flip (at least by getting hit). Draconian tends to roll VERY easily. The only huge exception to the statistics is the Liquid Mite. That thing's fast, and VERY agile. Problem is that if you look at it wrong it blows up... it's got VERY weak armor.

As far as modding goes, there's quite a bit you can do by just changing those .ent files in your entities directory. Just make sure to not alter the original ones. If you're interested in learning more about that, post in the Modding board, ICQ me, or just wait a little bit (I'm currently writing a basic modding guide).

Yeah, it's easy to get people addicted to the demo, but the problem is getting them to buy the full game...

IP:

_HAMMER
posted August 22, 2001 09:25 AM            
Vlad, thanks for the low down on the tanks.

I am interested in modding, but I will wait on the modding guide. Besides, it is a little to soon for me to jump into that. I just saw JVortex's page. I had no idea you could make tanks of any shape and size like that Napalm Truck. I realized if you don't buy the full, you are really missing out. It is a whole new world.

IP:

Vlad
posted August 22, 2001 10:24 AM            
Yup. While you can't make mods as involved as ones for Quake/Unreal/HalfLife, the TM modding system is a LOT easier to use, and pretty darn flexible.

IP:

Paranor
posted August 22, 2001 01:33 PM            
Hi again Hammer.

One suggestion to all the new guys who are hopefully reading this BBS is to get very good at a "stock" tank since only stock tanks are used in the DDM's.

IP:

oli2808
posted August 22, 2001 05:09 PM            
hi hammer, always nice to see a new face (or text)

IP:

_HAMMER
posted August 22, 2001 07:13 PM            
I just got thru with a map that is new to me, of course, and could best be described as a big ''Tank Orgy''. I hope that is not considered cussing.

Everyone kept jumping into this narrow, almost-bottomless crater. Plasma, Lasers and Missile’s flying everywhere. Pardon my newbie excitement, but that was a blast.

IP:

TurdHeart
posted August 22, 2001 08:06 PM            
Yeah - holes are great. They become gathering areas. I love when tanks keep falling in, then somebody hops in with a nuke.

As for tank selection, since I had the demo I haven't changed from using the Falcon. Dunno why, really. It handles pretty good but I always seem to end up a sitting duck on my arse.

Has there ever been a TMer that regularly used the Mite?

IP:

JVortex
posted August 22, 2001 08:25 PM            
lol, well Hammer glad to see youre having a blast. hehe. and no thats not concidered cussing. for the most par the board is pretty liberal with swearing as long as it doesnt become blatantly offensive or youre just swearing all the time in every post. the occasional swear here and there is fine tho. i dont think tank orgy qualifies as evilness on your part however, .

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 22, 2001 11:58 PM         
orgy orgy orgy orgy orgy orgy orgy orgy orgy
Orgy Orgy Orgy Orgy Orgy Orgy Orgy Orgy Orgy
ORGY ORGY ORGY ORGY ORGY ORGY ORGY ORGY ORGY
ORGY!ORGY!ORGY!ORGY!ORGY!ORGY!ORGY!ORGY!ORGY!

Mwahahahaha - See how I revel in my wickedness! What? "orgy" is not a bad word!
Aw Fudgies ;P

- I am not really the language police, You just never know which of us is 13, your mother, or both . Orgy!

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited August 22, 2001).]

IP:

Paranor
posted August 23, 2001 11:00 AM            
EDIT

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited August 23, 2001).]

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted August 23, 2001 03:13 PM            
oh come on, tell us what you were going to say

IP:

Paranor
posted August 23, 2001 10:54 PM            
Well, I was going to ask Weatherman if that's what he's going to have once he gets rid of his 56kb dialup. Orgy, that is.

But then someone showed up in my office so major cut, paste and post.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 24, 2001 12:14 AM         
LOL, you know it is gonna be a tank orgy when i get me cable modem back

I just saw 2 more new people, Crimson and Bludpoot (?). This is unsane! Welcome guys!

IP:

Rex R
posted August 24, 2001 04:09 PM            
add a nother name to the list 'Robo-jaws' said he has had the game for bout 2 weeks. describes the game as 'brill' and 'smashing'

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 24, 2001 04:32 PM         
He is up on the starting post and seems to be a cool guy.
I just spotted 2 more - Angel and PX .
Have the floodgates opened? I hope so!

IP:

Rex R
posted September 20, 2001 02:20 PM            
nother name for the list kevlar.

IP:

A2597
posted September 20, 2001 02:43 PM            
And prepare for one more!!!
I just got my order in to LDAJim today! so that means (Drumroll please)
AFTER A FULL YEAR AND A HALF OF DIEING FOR THE FULL VERSION I'M GETTING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
--===BOOM===--

IP:

Kevlar
posted September 20, 2001 03:49 PM            
Hi all,
I had planned on buying the full next week but after talking to Rex R today about mods and maps, I got the fever and I went ahead and ordered it today. That is the one thing I want to get into is tanks and maps. I was telling Rex R that I have all the latest graphics software (or I can get it if I tell my boss I need it. hehe) And with 2 web servers I would like to make a web site for tm. (Like you really need another one.)

BTW Rex, AutoCAD does import/export 3ds. But I never do 3d models just mapping and terrain with AutoCAD so I will have to figure out all of 3d modeling part. I downloaded TMapper, and was able to open the Ramp but I guess I will need to make a ???height map??? to make a map from scratch, not sure?

So I guess I will be on the demo server for a few more weeks till it comes in. Does it take 4 to 6 weeks? Man that will be an eternity. When it does you're all invited to a newbie @$$ kicking party.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted September 20, 2001 07:48 PM            
hehe more websites the better. I still remember a not to distant time, when my website was the only one up and running.

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

Rex R
posted September 21, 2001 02:24 AM            
as I recall, mine arrived 7-10 days after ordering(which meant I was stuck playing the demo for a whole nother week, total 2 weeks). with version 1.5 I had to find it in a store(wasn't easy. will not go into that). welcom to the asy, er-forum. BTW you will need lithium's uv mapper program to do texture mapped tanks/weapons for tread marks

IP:

This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3