|
Author Topic:   clan battle
KONG
posted August 19, 2001 09:00 PM            
is it my imag or was there someone that we coudnt see on radar? just appeared next to me twice and fragged me. heard someone else say that also.

IP:

Rex R
posted August 19, 2001 09:10 PM            
I ran into an invis tank on the ramp(it was sitting under a p-cannon) and I read someone griping bout getting fragged by an invis Vlad on the 'hell crossing'

IP:

KONG
posted August 19, 2001 09:12 PM            
wasnt an invis tank, was a player. i saw them but they werent showing on radar.

IP:

TurdHeart
posted August 19, 2001 10:06 PM            
All the 'visible' tanks seemed to show on radar for me - but on Hell Crossing I was going for a weapon and banged into something invisible. It was totally weird, like the spawn point was protected by an invisible tank. Nothing on radar either. Whatever it was, it didn't attack me.

[This message has been edited by TurdHeart (edited August 19, 2001).]

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted August 20, 2001 01:03 AM            
i to ran into a non-agfresive invisi tank in hell crossing. I beleive its from a person connecting to a server without a tank the server supports, so it leaves that artifact when the player leaves. I think.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted August 20, 2001 02:24 AM            
also for future clan wars, if your in chat your still considered fragable. Since your probally calling for your clan for help and not talking in general chat. my $.02

IP:

Neo
posted August 20, 2001 03:02 AM            
I was complaining, because Vlad sorta froze in front of me and then became impossible to hit (ghostlike). Then I got fragged from behind, just as Vlad disappeared and reappeared behind me.

....I was having some serious lag issues all night and became rather frustrated pretty quickly. I think most of you knew that already though lol.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 20, 2001 09:19 AM         
I saw a lot of that too, Neo. I would totally be lighting up another tank and then it would teleport out of range. Very frustrating because I would waste a good weapon and then face a nearly full health foe with the peashooter.
I think this effect and the stealth tanks were due to an overtaxed server - I am serving off of a 200 mhz box.

IP:

Vlad
posted August 20, 2001 09:49 AM            
Well, just to throw in my own input...

I didn't really have any problems with lag for the whole game. My fps started getting a little bad in game 3, with everybody centered in that center area on The Steppes. That's understandable, though. I have to say that all 3 games were about as smooth as can be.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 20, 2001 10:13 AM         
Also, how about moving the DDMS to an earlier time, say 5-6 pm EST? that would put it at 10-11 pm for our mates across the pond. That should be more doable for them as I am sure many have lives requiring wakefullness the next day.

Edit: BTW, BWL r001zju! Did anyone catch that we came from 3rd place on that last game- here is the screenshot http://www.che.utexas.edu/~johnsan/tank0007.bmp . Also note that unafilliated lost 3 kills to their talley when BAMZIPPOW dropped.
? Does logging slow a server? I am working on a method of extracting True Frag/Death information from server logs.

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited August 20, 2001).]

IP:

Vlad
posted August 20, 2001 11:20 AM            
Heheheh.. I noticed that...

I was looking at the scores about 3/4 of the way through, thinking it would be neat for BWL, LWA, and DNX to each have won a game (LWA was ahead for most of game 3), but then with about a minute left, I noticed that we needed only one frag to break a tie and come out ahead..

How many of the BWLers even saw my message in the commotion?

IP:

Dreamer
posted August 20, 2001 11:29 AM         
WMan - maybe we could combine our efforts...
I'm currently looking for a way to use a HTML-script combination to analyze server logs - ngstats-like.

IP:

Neo
posted August 20, 2001 06:13 PM            
Hey TH.....

I got that too. The "invisible statue phenomenon" or whatever that was. Seems to be coming from incorrect or lagged server predictions or whatever, I got it at the Ramp and then later (after the DDM) at Cone. It was freaky and it got me killed a few times, even though it didn't fire at me lol.

IP: