|
Author Topic:   ok... can I make a suggestion?!?!
ni
posted August 19, 2001 08:21 PM            
Well, the clan fight was short an sweet for me due to the major lag.. again!!

Could I suggest, and maybe a few other people..maybe...might back me up, but cos of me ping rate being at about 500 and fun-of-the-mill puter poor ol Pentium III..

but I didn't like the Ramp being used.. I like the map, don't get me wrong, but I think maybe a map with less added features like trees an all might be more appropriate!

I think the map before the war started was Black Mesa... it was just plain with roling hills and ran much better!! As soon as it jumped to 'The Ramp', everything practically ground to a halt!! It was like watching slow-motion Nuke blasts all around me an before I knew it '*** has killed you with a ***'... doh!!!

Not an excuse, btw.. I really didn't like it and couldn't see much point since I couldn't aim or manoeuvre properly!!

Just a point I'd like to add! good turn out though.. too good for me.. lol!

------------------
I'd Like to buy soom Cheeeeeezzz!!!!

IP:

Neo
posted August 20, 2001 07:07 AM            
I agree. (Black Mesa happens to be my favorite map lol)

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 20, 2001 09:21 AM         
Can someone cook up a stripped ramp? would the server simply synch up the absence of trees or would everyone need a modded map?

IP:

Vlad
posted August 20, 2001 09:50 AM            
Everybody would need the modded map. All the map data, including the heightmap, what textures to use, and where entites are, is all in the .ved file, which isn't synched by the server.

IP:

KONG
posted August 20, 2001 11:38 AM            
poor old pentium III? i think the servers are running smoother than ever. i had the same probs with dialup.as soon as i got dsl, no more probs. i dont like paying the extra money either but the first time u join a game with no lag u will think it was money well spent. game runs fine on my k62. read some of the old posts and u will see me complaining right after every DDM about lag.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 20, 2001 07:18 PM            
Yeah,and a soon as DSL comes to my town in 2042,then maybe I can have a lag free game What somebody needs to so is artifically increase the speed of light so my satellite can get better than a 700-800 ping

------------------
Mod Packs,Weekly Polls,Links, and Other Files...Storage/Download

IP:

Rex R
posted August 21, 2001 01:34 AM            
lol, what we need are subspace modems and bypass the phone lines all together

IP:

KONG
posted August 21, 2001 01:52 AM            
but really, i think scotty is doing a really good job with the servers.

...except for the frag limit at the DDM. JK

IP: