|
Author Topic:   screenshots
uck
posted August 16, 2001 12:01 PM            
hey, where'd that monster truck come from?

IP:

Rex R
posted August 16, 2001 12:29 PM            
heh looks like something out of a)revolt b)4x4evo. see someone been trying out lithium mapper's import function

IP:

uck
posted August 16, 2001 01:01 PM            
nope its my custom truck for monster truck madness 2, & i just cut & pasted it into the screenshot. fooled ya didnt i hehe

[This message has been edited by uck (edited August 16, 2001).]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 16, 2001 10:47 PM            
Does look cool and it looks like it would belong in the game Don't know where you would mount the turrent though.

------------------
Mod Packs,Weekly Polls,Links, and Other Files...Storage/Download

IP:

peeeto
posted August 17, 2001 12:47 AM         
LOL - you up for getting it into TM, Rex? i can help reduce polycount if you need me to...

oh - and place the turret in the bed of the truck!

IP:

Rex R
posted August 17, 2001 01:43 AM            
I dunno MTM2 uses a funky file format. also the ppl who wrote/own the game are quite nasty bout ppl porting their stuff over to other games(as is their right) and well the ppl/fans who 'made' stuff for MTM2...well I'll just say that, boy I sure do like the tm & rv bbs. may be able to get permission to port 1 or more revolt trucks(providing I can catch the creators, not having a lot of luck sofar)

IP:

uck
posted August 17, 2001 02:43 AM            
i'm one of those fans that made stuff for MMT2 and you can have my permission to use my custom truck for whatever you want. its a replica of a real mud bog truck from the old deer valley mud bogs right here in phoenix arizona. you can download the file off my web http://members.home.net/uckfaouya/azside.pod

IP:

Rex R
posted August 17, 2001 03:47 AM            
should have been more specific. yes I know that not all of the fans are disagreable. and that I only have 2nd hand knowledge of the mtm2 bbs. however since I got the same sort of info from a number of folks(about the mtm2 board), lets hope those just happend to be the minority.
Uck what format is the truck in? I don't recognise the pod format(also, i think i had some prob d/l the file, stopped after 65kb came through)

IP:

uck
posted August 17, 2001 06:13 AM            
rex, check your email for the extracted azside.pod files & the util you need to work with them

IP:

uck
posted August 17, 2001 06:38 AM            

IP:

Dudymas
posted August 17, 2001 07:50 AM            
They're adding a polycount reducer to Blender !

IP:

Rex R
posted August 17, 2001 12:28 PM            
got it, thanks. will look at it a bit later.

IP:

peeeto
posted August 17, 2001 01:30 PM         
that's right, dudy - Blender ver 2.14 has mesh decimation now!

i also found a stand-alone reduction proggy that uses a different method. it was written by a mathmatician. what's nice about this one is that it has an opengl previewer...

IP:

Rex R
posted August 18, 2001 02:24 PM            
well so now I've looked at it. got some good news & some bad news. good; I've managed to convert the body into something I can work with and likewise the textures. bad; its a poly pig and needs to be totaly remapped. this is gonna take awhile so don't hold your breath waiting for it. in the imortal words of (insert name here) it will be released when its done

IP:

JVortex
posted August 24, 2001 07:10 AM            
ok, well i was bored outta my gourd and talking with rex tonite. he was telling me about this here truck model. and so i figured i would give it a 1/2-@$$ed go. turns out i went ahead and finished the thing up. not sure why, i just kinda got into it for some reason.... it isnt 100% done but its sitting at about 90% or better, someone else can put finishing touches on it .

so for more info head to the post in the modding section.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. (Under Heavy Construction) The non-TM areas of the site have been resurrected!

IP: