|
Author Topic:   What not to do when playing on a server.
SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 14, 2001 11:55 PM            
1-Don't change teams so you aren't fragged or do it to get 100% armor back
2-Don't frag your own team mates out of frustation.It's expected that sometimes someone might come up on a tank that is on fire and frag it,not knowing that you are the one that caused it to be on fire.
3-Don't knowingly steal frags.You don't deserve the frag if you steal it from somebody else
4-Try not to curse.Like dropping the F-bomb.I cuss all the time around my friends but on a server is another thing.You don't know if I'm 12 years old and don't need to be hearing that kind of stuff or you don't know if that kind of stuff offends me.If you need to share your frustations visibly to others then use the Alt-number symbols like I do.Everybody will get the idea.
5-When team damage is in effect,try to be carefull where you place you weapon fire.Don't blindly fire a MRI volley into a crowd of your own team mates just to try to frag on bad guy in the middle of them.

Sorry if I sound like I'm patronizing everybody.I'm not.I just been seeing stuff lately that shouldn't be happening.I know most of this stuff is common sense and most of you guys repect these rules.But as I said before,I've been seeing the above rules broken latley.Just a friendly reminder to some of you.I'll get off my soapbox now.Anybody else got some input or something to add?

------------------
Mod Packs,Weekly Polls,Links, and Other Files...Storage/Download

IP:

Vlad
posted August 15, 2001 12:08 AM            
if I may...

6-If you're not doing well in a fight, it's ok to run to another weapon spawn, but don't just drive off the map in the hopes that you can ditch your pursuer in the looping wasteland.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted August 15, 2001 12:46 AM            
I us to have a good name for people who did that, forgot what I called them. I'll have to think of something else again now that its becoming more prevalent.

IP:

uck
posted August 15, 2001 04:19 PM            
I call em Losers

IP:

oli2808
posted August 15, 2001 07:11 PM            
cheating bastards springs to mind

IP:

desolation1900
posted August 16, 2001 11:36 AM            
Now I see why people jump teams so often.

To those on my team who've I've accidentally shot : it is an accident if I shoot or run into you. Last game I played I must have ran into Fury 20 times; and I managed to shoot my own team several too. It isn't intentional, people just get trigger happy in a DM when full of caffeine.

3) does it count as stealing frags if the person you're taking the frag from isn't on your team? isn't that a bit of strategy to keep your enemies frag count lower by not only killing them, but also taking their kills if you get the chance?

vlad- often i bet the person who has ran off into the wasteland has done it unintentionally. i've done it, to you in fact. you just get caught up in going backwards as fast as you can without realizing you've jump *way* off the map. it is annoying, i agree..but sometimes you can't help it.

IP:

Vlad
posted August 16, 2001 11:47 AM            
Well, I don't mind a little bit off the map, but I'm talking about the people who traverse over one length of the map OFF the map.. in a straight line.

They know that they're not going to get any weapons or health, so they're obviously just hoping that the person chasing them gives up.

I kinda wish that TM maps looped around at the edges, so if you went off the north side, you'd pop back in on the south...

IP:

uck
posted August 16, 2001 11:56 AM            
i never give up, i chase em down & kill em, thier usually pretty easy to kill too or else why would they be running

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 16, 2001 02:28 PM         
whoops, wrong thread hehe

------------------
The Weatherman [BWL]
The Weatherman's Generic Homepage
Now with stuff!

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited August 16, 2001).]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 16, 2001 10:44 PM            
I wouldn't consider stealing a bad guys frag to be wrong,like if there were more than two teams.Just don't steal from team mates.Thats my opinion.
BTW,if you see Tron on the 1.01 demo it's me.I try to go incognito so those two jerks don't talk my ear off.I remember Uck and Kong on there last night.They know what I mean I noticed a new thing they were doing last night.If that Dave Spatt guy isn't going to win he drops out of the game totally.Guess it's so he can say he hasn't been beaten.I know Uck had him beat one game and he left towards the end and did the same the next game when I was beating him.Talk about a sore loser

IP:

uck
posted August 16, 2001 11:16 PM            
did hear all the trash splatt was talking when he won the first game or two. and then when i had him beat, he quit right before the scores came up. right when i getting ready to rub it in his face, oh well i'm sure i'll see the loser again sometime.

IP:

KONG
posted August 17, 2001 12:22 AM            
I really think that it is someone who has been playing the 101 demo for a long time.

------------------
I don't wanna climb the building!

IP:

peeeto
posted August 17, 2001 12:46 AM         
IMHO, running away to get away from being killed is totally acceptable. in my style of play, i really try to minimize deaths - if i can get away from someone by running as far as i can, i will usually do it

however, i also usually try to loop back to a weapon spawn point to get some better defense!

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 17, 2001 12:58 AM            
I agree Kong.At first I thought it was a full version player but he dosen't seem to leave the demo server and he was talking about other demo servers.Somebody once called him Ferdi and he got quite.He's not acting like the same Ferdi I played with on the demo server.He must like trying to impress his friend with the trash talk.I wish he would move on to a new game

IP:

KONG
posted August 19, 2001 02:15 AM            
i have been checking out 101 with different names and everytime i join he is using the name Backup. then after a minute or two he changes names . mike, ferdi, whatever else. he really talks a big game although he really isnt that good. like anyother blowhard he likes to be a big fish in a small pond. probably just a kid , u can tell by the way they talk. if he isnt, he must be a very immature adult.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 19, 2001 11:42 AM         
The real Backup is a cool guy that started palying the 1.6 demo. Last time I talked to him he was awaiting delivery of the full. You would definitely be able to distinguide Backup from this jerk.

IP:

Vlad
posted August 19, 2001 01:23 PM            
Peeto, at least you go back to a weapon spawn...

That's perfectly acceptable. The people that bug me are the ones who just run with no hope of getting to a weapon, just to try the patience of the person chasing them.

And then the other night, there was someone (Plague [TL]) who was CONSTANTLY Alt-K'ing himself as soon as you were about to kill him... VERY annoying.

IP:

LordDrow
posted August 19, 2001 02:39 PM            
I always get annoyed about <alt>k'ing. Especially when I am right there and about to blow the guy away. Happens frequently with few of the newbies.

=MM=LordDrow

IP:

Dreamer
posted August 19, 2001 03:20 PM         
I don't understand why some people do that - costs a frag, gains you nothing.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 19, 2001 04:17 PM            
Thats not as bad a switching to the other team then back!

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted August 21, 2001 12:59 AM            
If u think bout it soem more, It costs u a death, and a frag. When really u could give the other guy the frag u were wasting *errr nm this* I mean wasn't Alt-k'ing for when mods got so wild they chopped up the poor terrain in such werid formations that when u get so stuck u can't get out and yuor there for good................... I've gone in the wastelands to before.... I usually stop under a hill and turn around or drive backwards so I end up gonig back into map and person following me comes back onto map....

IP:

KONG
posted August 21, 2001 01:25 AM            
i think i can safely say that i am pretty good at this and even i dont go too far off the map unless a weapon knocks me off. if i get sent too far off the map i will alt k just to save time getting back to the map

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 21, 2001 10:36 PM            
This game has been attacting some sore losers lately?I don't really care if I win or lose.I play to have fun,thats it.If I happen to win then I guess thats just a bonus to having fun

[This message has been edited by SuperUnknown (edited August 22, 2001).]

IP: