This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   DDM - Clan Battle - 08/19 at 8:00 PM EST
Paranor
posted August 13, 2001 12:03 PM            
I want to start off by saying that I'm not trying to be the DDM leader or anything. Just making sure we are all on the same page in regards to the "sunday night mayhem" actitivities.

Last night was scheduled to do some racing and it appears many things happened to cause that to not happen? LD's server all of a sudden got weird and I'm not sure everyone was aware to go to his server. I wasn't able to attend in any case so I didn't pay attention.

Another thing that might have caused some confusion is Skan had his "DDM server" up and we all are used to connecting to that.

Next time racing comes around we'll try to relabel the servers or post something? dunno - again i wasn't playing so i might have missed something. I'm basing this on posts to this board and some chatting while I was playing before it all started.

What's next? DDM CLAN BATTLE if we continue with the rotation to keep things fresh/different. (see post /forums/archive/ubb/Forum2/HTML/001214.html about 4 msgs down)

Again, this is just for fun (and maybe some minor bragging rights ).

how does this sound for teams?

LWA - black
BWL - blue
DNX - gold
TC (?) - green

Keep an eye on the TM BB as to what server to use.

Sound OK to everyone? thoughts? I've got my PC working with a T-1 so we can give SKAN a break if need be.

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited August 13, 2001).]

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted August 13, 2001 12:46 PM            
also in the ent file you should have it say. All humans connecting join "this team" so that if a non-clan member pops up they will be secluded in their own team.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted August 13, 2001 12:47 PM            
theres never been a 3 way clan battle before, this might be cool. I'll be like BWL has taken the hill, charge!

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 13, 2001 01:57 PM         
Cool, Par, I'll try to be there.
I volunteer to put up the server - my server seems stable now - lasted all weekend.

a descriptive name is good - I did that for the CTF DDM and I think it helped.

on Flags:
LWA - Blue - they usu fly alliance (blue) anyway
BWL - Red - team colors (or Black)
DNX - gold - suggestions?
Unafilliated - green (the color of the newbie )

Some clan should accept TC's as they are so small (i think)

Format - no mods? maybe serverside or low load mods? No tank mods or low load mods?

------------------
The Weatherman [BWL]
The Weatherman's Generic Homepage
Now with stuff!

IP:

Rex R
posted August 13, 2001 02:21 PM            
I think a few server side mods might be interesting( cookie dough, fire mines?, napalm strike, rand weap) we would want to keep the number of mods down to make it easier to join the server. while I'm reasonably sure everyone has their favourite tank mod, we should prolly leave them out.

IP:

Paranor
posted August 13, 2001 02:45 PM            
Keep in mind the purpose of the DDM's is to use stock tanks & weapons. NAG NAG NAG!

I just realized that I will be at a NASCAR race this sunday in a different state so I'll miss this DDM also. NUTS! But the race should be fun. It's my first NASCAR race and we are camping until Monday so PARTY!

So thank you WM for having the server. Since I won't even be here I'm not going to continue setting it up. So if someone would please take over that would be great.

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited August 13, 2001).]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 13, 2001 09:50 PM            
The problem with mods is that not everybody has or will get the mod files.You can't reley on the server to change the entities because it is so unstable.I think we might be able to put a mod DDM in the rotation.That would be better than trying to throw some mods into the other stuff.
3-way clan war sounds cool.Too bad LWA has too many good players DNX has a flag and I believe I still have it.It's blue and silver if I can remember.Although I vote for not using custom flags since it's so insignificant and might possible cause problems.Just my opinion though.
All active DNXers who read this,ICQ me.

IP:

Paranor
posted August 14, 2001 09:26 AM            
How about alternating the race DDM (is that contradiction in terms? ) with a modified weapon DDM. So racing will happen in month 1, modified DDM month 2, racing month 3 (since racing is the 4th thing on the schedule).

And if we decide to do that then why not use the type of setup the WM has been working on? I played on the DVS site last night and that was different. Never played half of those weapons before. OR is that too much modded weapons?

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited August 14, 2001).]

IP:

Vlad
posted August 14, 2001 09:33 AM            
I think that that setup is a little much.

As we noticed, a lot of those weapons, while neat, aren't really effective in killing your opponents (true laser, jump gun, pogo).

Modded weapons are fine as long as they're balanced, though.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 14, 2001 02:30 PM            
Paranor!I just noticed you said you were running on a T1 now!!That could be very usefull.
As far as the mods go how about Kasplattt?I think it's a good server with just the right amount of mods.Not too powerful.
I think the rotation of these Sunday things should gg like this.DDM,DDM,Clan,DDM,DDM,Mod,DDM,DDM,Race and so on.Since it looks like DDM is the favorite of the players.We can change up every 3rd Sunday to keep things lively.What do you guys think.I don't think we should do something different EVERY Sunday.People like DDM's.Give'm what they want
FYI,Anyone signed up at the Yahoo group will get a couple of email reminders before the clan war happens this Sunday.I try to have it set up to remind people every week but sometimes I forget.Like last Sunday for instance.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 14, 2001 02:32 PM            
Always forget that too

------------------
Mod Packs,Weekly Polls,Links, and Other Files...Storage/Download

IP:

Paranor
posted August 14, 2001 04:52 PM            
Don't drool now SU.

That T-1 is only avail on weekends and late evenings - like the upcoming 2v2 match.

The DDM is already on a rotation SU:

DDM
DDM CTF
DDM RACE
DDM CLAN

The original problem was the DDM was losing it's fun if it was done every week. But every 4 weeks does seem TOO LONG!

So your schedule is better except you missed CTF. So how about:

DDM
DDM CTF
DDM
DDM RACE/MOD (anyone really like racing?)
DDM
DDM CLAN
DDM
DDM CTF

and so on and so on ...

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited August 14, 2001).]

IP:

LordDrow
posted August 16, 2001 12:51 AM            
I am up for whatever sounds good. I would like to see mod tanks available at least once in awhile though.

=MM=LordDrow

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 16, 2001 04:30 AM            
CTF was covered when I said,"and so on" Or you could have two DDM's then something else after the two DDM's.Your's is fine too where we do DDM every other Sunday.
Guess we should take a vote and see where it goes.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 16, 2001 02:36 PM         
Hey, LD
I was thinking about what you said about wanting mods and tanks.

We should have a poll for future DDMs (the modded ones) the poll would be
1. what 10 weapons would you like to see in a DDM

2. what 5 tanks would you like to see in a DDM
3. How often should we have modded DDMS - every time, every other time, every so often, every once in a blue moon

Straight majority of poll wins.

Supe, can you set this up?

I was also thinking of having a server called "Tanks -> alot" where I would host all original tanks and no weapons mods. I can track down most tanks, but please send me any you want to be sure are included. As always, please test on a private server to make sure there are no errors.

------------------
The Weatherman [BWL]
The Weatherman's Generic Homepage
Now with stuff!

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 16, 2001 03:41 PM         
I am going to set up the server for the Clan Battle DDM - 4 teams, reg. DDM maps, no mods. in the title:
Black - BWL
Blue - LWA
Green - unafilliated
? - DNX - (guys, what would you like?)

this sunday 8pm EST (2am GMT sorry mates across the pond) . Hey, can we make it 7 pm est?

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 16, 2001 10:37 PM            
Yeah,I can do a poll from the Yahoo club but I will have to list weapons and have people pick them.All you can do on the polls is click the radial buttons.Give me a day to get it.Give me a day to get it up.
Actually,I think the polls are open to all members,not just the moderator.So if anybody wants to go there and try to set it up..........
------------------

[This message has been edited by SuperUnknown (edited August 16, 2001).]

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted August 17, 2001 06:28 PM            
this is still happening, right?

IP:

Nemzad
posted August 17, 2001 07:37 PM         
Weatherman, go ahead and use GOLD for DNX's color. Thanks

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 17, 2001 08:46 PM            
hope these results will be submitted to the DMF ladder, will be good to get that going

IP:

TurdHeart
posted August 17, 2001 09:34 PM            
GOLD!!! The colour of VICTORY!!!

...or is that red?

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted August 17, 2001 10:03 PM            
I beleive red is passion

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 18, 2001 02:09 PM         
Hey Yall,
The server is up and running. I noticed some bad lag this Friday night and Goku did too. I think it may have been because we were playing during a peak internet usage time. ? did anyone else dialing in have problems?
Please jump on and give it a shot. Apologies if dialups continue to have problems.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 18, 2001 11:39 PM            
There's a new poll up at the Yahoo club asking what weapons should be left out in a modded DDM.I encourage everyone who plays these Sunday thing to vote.I could only make 25 choices so I left quite a few out.If you feel there is a weapon that should be on the list then email,ICQ me,or post it to this forum.

------------------

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 18, 2001 11:39 PM            
There's a new poll up at the Yahoo club asking what weapons should be left out in a modded DDM.I encourage everyone who plays these Sunday thing to vote.I could only make 25 choices so I left quite a few out.If you feel there is a weapon that should be on the list then email,ICQ me,or post it to this forum.

------------------

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2