|
Author Topic:   A month in the life of JVortex...
JVortex
posted August 10, 2001 02:48 PM            
for anyone who cares (just meaning that not all people will care) here is a basic rundown on whats been going on with me lately and a few bits that could effect 'yall.

1. www.bzrpg.com is dead for starters. i tried and tried but couldnt manage to get the lousy $20 i needed to keep the domain open for another year (sad isnt it?). i am very not happy about this... the site itself still exists however as the bzrpg.com was only a redirect service. my site can still be accessed by going to http://server2049.virtualave.net/jvortex/html/TM/Index.html same as ever. (and i am VERY sorry about those stupid pop ups, they just will not go away even tho my coding says they should...)

2. my email (JVortex@bzrpg.com) as of now still works, but i dont know how long that will keep going since my domain is dead. if you email at me and dont get a reply within a couple days now you know why. if this happens use j_vortex@yahoo.com instead.

3. in brief i havent been around much due to problems between myself and the g/f and life in general. ive been going from state to state and its been a pain. things appear to be being sorted out (not exactly for the better) and i should be back in the TM community in full force within a month or so. no this isnt an attempt at sympathy , just thought id let ya know is all.

4. i havent completely stopped modding, ive been working on a few things in my spare time. the BZ map is still in the works (tho i havent really had the chance to break in TMapper yet). the BZ map is using a few crazy-cool spewer points i started work on months ago in preperation for TMappers release and with any luck the map WILL have destructable buildings on it as well (tho not real roads). im pretty sure that i have a way to do it. once i get a bit farther on it ill probably lean into the MM sub-clan for some help since what im doing is completely new (much like voyagers and warbirds weapon systems were completely new).
speaking of which, its rather gratifying that i make the offhand comment about "such is the life of a mod monkey" (or whatever it was i said in that one post) and next thing ya know mod monkey is the name of a new clan . hehehehe.

5. work on the Star Trek mod pack hasnt stopped, its more like an extended pause. i still fully plan on completing it including new GUI, menus, sounds etc... it will end up being a mod pack much like what matrix is working on. a conversion pack eventually. with any luck it will actually end up being a star trek vs. star wars pack. this will include a complete alteration of the stock weaponry as well. with a little more luck it will also have a custom map set to it as well, but dont count on that one.

6. i also have in the works a 2nd conversion pack that will be a race mod pack. i have MANY plans for this one but most of it will be kept secret for the time being. a few people know of the main plans for it. im kinda waiting to find out if the new animated treads can be used to make rotating wheels. but with this one expect a total reworking of available weaponry as well. the main aim will be a GUI and play-style based on 4x4 Evolution, with weaponry... the new weapon set will be things based completely on a race match where the idea isnt to frag your opponents so much as to slow them down or move them the hell out of your way . weapon effects will also be toned down to accomidate for a higher polly count on models. it should be interesting and a lot of fun. this conversion set should also make for some very entertaining CTF matches.

7. im also stuck on a lousy 56K AOL connection which has a messed up speed. everything is soooo slow. this keeps me from getting online for the most part and playing TM online is near impossible. and on top of that my ISP service dies at the end of the month anyhow (had a year free service, came with the computer). hopefully ill be back on a cable modem by the 1st of next month or sooner.

so in general thats whats going on in my neck of the woods.

long live TM!

hope to be able to frag ya all soon!

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. (Under Heavy Construction) The non-TM areas of the site have been resurrected!

IP:

Dudymas
posted August 10, 2001 03:04 PM            
Well, if it'll help, I'll give you a home made rocket engine when I get the money to raid a chemical retailer . BTW, d9oes anyone have the nuclear deterrant, I wanted to see what that was but the link is broken on your weapon page, JV.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 10, 2001 03:12 PM         
Glad you are back, JV. Sorry to hear about the troubles. Sounds like you need a good game of TM to lift your spirits. Looking forward to the mod packs too.

Edit: BTW, you should update your links with LDA.

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited August 10, 2001).]

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted August 10, 2001 06:01 PM            
JV your site is an important part of the community,neccessary even. I'll shell out the $20 bucks to keep it up for a year. You take paypal right?

edit: worse spelling I've ever seen

[This message has been edited by coax (edited August 10, 2001).]

IP:

LordDrow
posted August 10, 2001 07:31 PM            
Very cool JV. Good to know the air is clearing for you. Hope to see you around lots more. I really miss our little chats about mods, tricks etc.

Thanks for the comments regarding the Monkeys JV, now if I could just get a few more recruits that are willing to work on new ideas AND play a bit we may really get somewhere. Taking offers for assistance on the MM web-pages and always trying to recruit. When you need any help though JV, you know I am in and will provide any assistance myself or my fellow Monkeys can render.

coax: Awesome offer! You rock! (would have offered myself, but my current employment status has me worried about paying rent next month, let alone my phone, internet and other regular bills)

About JV's upcoming mods: I know a bit about them, and all I will say is that the ideas are radical and I look very forward to them.

=MM=LordDrow

IP:

JVortex
posted August 10, 2001 08:26 PM            
well crap, the deterrant is broken? ill look into that one...

coax you kick @$$!!! i however have no clue what paypal is... damn i appreciate that offer. post here, email me, ICQ at me or whatever and let me know what that is and how to use it and we can see what can be done to keep the site running. wow, i didnt expect an offer like that!

thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!!!!!

IP:

Dudymas
posted August 10, 2001 09:58 PM            
EGAD! he's not going to lose the server, it's just a little hard to type it in now, hehehehe. Coax, you've coaxed me into being nice to you and use some corny jokes/puns in the process. BTW. do you have a cable modem, coax? Hence your name, coaxial? Or does it mean the word coax, as in to force or press on someone to do something. I know you told me before but I forgot and I'm to lazy to find out now by browsing through the topics posted this year. And another thing, are you playing tonight, I'm going to try to find a good server FINALLY! although this computer only has a 16 megabyte 3d video card and no soundcard and the thing has a 56k modem, so I can't see farther than half a kilometer... I miss those days of sniping on Sheldon's server...

IP:

swisher
posted August 10, 2001 11:06 PM            
Welcome back, JVortex! You've been missed.

------------------
Swisher - Check out ENTegrety for mods.
BWL/MG

IP: