This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   Supercoax is back from vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!
SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 09, 2001 03:50 PM            
We need two victims..er....I mean two challengers,that can play Thursday night.We have a perfect record so far.Anybody want to try and change that?

IP:

Vlad
posted August 09, 2001 04:26 PM            
Thursday... as in tonight?

I may be able to, depending on the time.

IP:

Dudymas
posted August 09, 2001 08:43 PM            
If you'll let me win with a 56k connection, SURE!

IP:

TurdHeart
posted August 09, 2001 09:27 PM            
So what's this all about then?
more info more info more info more info more info more info more info more info more info more info more info more info more info more info more info more info more info more info more info more info more info more info more info more info more info more info more info more info more info !!!!!!!!!!

8) I'll fight ya boyeeeeeeeee

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 10, 2001 12:10 AM            
No,not tonight.A week from today.And I'm on 56k too so any connection is welcome.
Turheart-coax and I play as a team verses whoever wants to challege us,2v2,50 frag(team frags),20 minute limit,for 3 games(or whoever wins 2 first).Just for fun.It isn't ranked or anything like that.So far we've had about 5 of these tournements and we haven't lost yet.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 10, 2001 10:14 AM         
Yeah, carn sarn 'em. I am prolly out for a while. TH, you should hook up with someone and practice team playing b4 messing with Supercoax. They are persistently and annoyingly good

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 10, 2001 02:54 PM            
Could be contributed to basic luck though Weatherman
So,any takers?The sooner you sign up the better.That means you can get a little practice in.Turdheart,grab a partner,accept the challenge,and get some team practice.
Vlad???????

[This message has been edited by SuperUnknown (edited August 10, 2001).]

IP:

Vlad
posted August 10, 2001 03:25 PM            
Practice? I don't need no steenkin' practice!

:-)

Hey I've got no problems with teaming with TH.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted August 10, 2001 05:59 PM            
I may need some practise though. Super contact me via ICQ so we can set something up.

IP:

LordDrow
posted August 10, 2001 07:23 PM            
I am willing to go for some real team play. Just depends on whether anyone is interested in playing that way and thinks I'm good enough to be a partner.

=MM=LordDrow

IP:

TurdHeart
posted August 10, 2001 11:07 PM            
Oh poo - I thought it would be this thurs. I'm gonna be on the other side of the country for part of next week, and will miss thurs nite.
I'd love to do this sometime, tho - and practice too! I have no real team experience - I imagine it's another game altogether. Plus, I kinda suck when I go up against the big guys, so I need to figger out some strategies.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 10, 2001 11:28 PM            
It is a totally different game when you put teams into factor.You have to watch each others butts.If you go in thinking its a DDM then you're screwed.
Well Vlad,grab a partner if you can play this Thursday.BTW,it's at 11EST and it can't be made any earlier.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 12, 2001 03:37 PM            
Well???????Is there not 2 out of this whole gathering of players that can play??????It's a sad day indeed

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 12, 2001 03:38 PM            
Must have missed your post LD.If you can play grab a partner.Let us know who it is BTW

IP:

Vlad
posted August 13, 2001 11:15 PM            
Beat him to it:

It shall be SuperCoax vs ParaVlad (or something like that)

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 14, 2001 03:55 AM            
It's going to be a tough one I can tell already

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 14, 2001 02:34 PM            
coax?????????????????

------------------
Mod Packs,Weekly Polls,Links, and Other Files...Storage/Download

IP:

Paranor
posted August 14, 2001 04:47 PM            
Coax can't type right now - he is quivering in fear from the upcoming match.

IP:

Paranor
posted August 14, 2001 05:07 PM            
CONFIRMING THE TIME:

11:00 PM EST - 08/16

IP:

Vlad
posted August 14, 2001 05:12 PM            
I assume that it's gonna be a 3 game set?

What's everybody's thoughts on maps?

I'm personally partial to stuff that's not overly hilly (DM Camel Backs, The River, etc).

I'd like to have at least one of the games on The Ramp. Head Land, Bull, Mosquito, and Not The Goat spring to mind as well...

IP:

Paranor
posted August 14, 2001 06:54 PM            
team damage
team score
3 game match
50 frag limit
30 min limit

the following from skan's ddm maps (where would we be without skan? )

Should we pare them down?

DediMap0 = Jim2L.ved
DediMap1 = Jim3L.ved
DediMap2 = DM2.ved
DediMap3 = DM9.ved
DediMap4 = DMSteps.ved
DediMap5 = Jim2L.ved
DediMap6 = Jim4L.ved
DediMap7 = DM1.ved
DediMap8 = DMCone.ved
DediMap9 = Jim10.ved

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted August 14, 2001 08:49 PM            
sorry i haven't had time to check the forums or actually read what I'm replying too. I've been busy with my first proffesional talk that I'm giving tommorow.

But, I'll be there Thurday 8pst.

IP:

Vlad
posted August 14, 2001 11:30 PM            
Jeez, am I the only person who doesn't know these maps by filename??

Jim2L.ved/The Ramp: Gotta love a classic. This appears to be the Facing Worlds/2Fort/DM4 of TM.

Jim3L.ved/Pinnacle: Ahh, I knew I forgot to mention one earlier. Another fave of mine. Not too many hills, but not dull either.

DM2.ved/Green Monster: Not my favorite. A little hilly... wouldn't mind losing this one.

DM9.ved/Target: Eh. I'm so/so on this.

DMSteps.ved/Black Mesa: No problem here.

Jim4L.ved/Hell Crossing: Yet another classic. We should do the "old demo" series and play on Scarab/Ramp/Crossing :-)

DM1.ved/The Steppes: Ahh, another of my faves. Gotta love horribly huge distances between weapons.

DMCone.ved/Cone: Eh, once again, not a big fan, but it's no big deal if you guys wanna leave it in.

Jim10.ved/Head Land: No problems there.

So basically I've got no problem with those maps :-). As long as there's no Moon, Spew, or any of those other levels with weird gravity, ice, or that horrible swirly floor texture effect (like on Spew), I'm fine.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 14, 2001 11:35 PM            
Good luck coax!
I don't think we have a preference to maps.Any of Skand's DDM maps are fine.I don't really like climbing hills and tumbeling over either The setup is fine too and yes,it's the best out of 3.But we usually paly the 3rd for the heck of it,in case one of us wins the first two.Should be something fun and quite different if you've never played team play before.Look forward to seeing you guys there.
Oh yeah,Skand left me a ICQ message saying he should be able to get a server up but he's been real busy with work.It won't hurt to have two servers up.Skand....if you still read this forum could you please post the IP again?He usually makes it private so we don't have anybody trying to join
and yes,it's this Thursday at 11 PM est.

IP:

Paranor
posted August 15, 2001 09:12 AM            
Good luck with your talk Coax. What is it about? I personally enjoy talking in front of audiences.

Playing the 3rd game for fun sounds good to me. And fourth, 5th - I'm off Friday!

I have my 2v2 server up - anyone want to try it please do. I won't be able to play until thursday.

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2