|
Author Topic:   DAMN,DAMN,DAMN...
~NK~Berserker
posted August 06, 2001 09:32 PM            
1 hour later and i still hav'nt succeeded in installing it. I bought TM cos my cd of my Fave game Battlezone is knackered, and its goin to b up to 3 weeks b4 i can get a replacement. so i thought id give TM a spin. so far so bad doh.Plz convince me its worth persevering
Btw, i am an elite Battlezone DM'er and look forward 2 some mighty battles with u all. Until then,
DOH!

[This message has been edited by ~NK~Berserker (edited August 06, 2001).]

IP:

A2597
posted August 06, 2001 09:51 PM            
Tell ya what...if you cannot get it to install...send it to me!!! J/K ...kinda =)

it's a GREAT GAME!!

------------------
--===BOOM===--

IP:

Dudymas
posted August 06, 2001 09:53 PM            
I'll give you this much of a load... it's my turn since coax went last (just kidding).

Well, I dunno how much you've heard of it, but we've been able to modify EVERY STINKIN THING except the program itself. You can do all sorts of fun stuff then. I myself designed dirtball launchers that would make you do a perfect flip each shot, landing over any obstacle and yet sending enemies barrel rolling off the screen. You can do battle on over 50 maps now, and there's a map editor to make even more thnx to some good java bean perculation (is that how you spell that) by the BWL clan. Also it works reasonably well online with just a good 56k connection (I'm the one to ask since I can only get 36 to 38 or so in the boonies where I live and still manage to battle on servers from around the world and withold first place or close to it when I'm not goofing off and there aren't any other pros online with their DSL and cable modems, you CHEATERS!) and you can host your own server if you have the bandwidth (DSL is preferrable, 56k is far to slow and doesn't carry enough data simultaneously). Ask Matrix on here, he's also a fellow BZ player and he just as bonkers over it as I am (not crazy or insane as I am, but you know what I kinda sorta likely possible just-aboutly approximately presummably inaccurably tad-bit-y-off-y maybe coulda might slightly almost barely-tangibly mean). You just try to imagine how some guys I talk to on servers joke about taking the game over their wives even when they threaten to divorce (that's probably an exageration) and how at least most of us play a healthy 2 hours at least per day. I used to take in about 6 hours until I hit that fateful age of 16, when you go to seven hours up to 10 in the middle of the nights since your new intelligence taught you to use headphones so no one would know you were playing with some DEVO, They Might Be Giants, Five Iron Frenzy, Audio Adrenaline, and other musical musics playing just barely over the roar of your last nuke that you obliterated 10 of the 20 tanks in a CTF level that has lava on it. Okay, I'll go quite before theis post reply goes to a yell, but please sir, try to keep your posts in one topic on the bbs, I want to be able to see all of the posts my superior intellect *COUGH* has affected in the past ten hours but you shove them off so I have to post more.... wait, keep doing it, I like spam... err posting.

------------------

IP:

Dudymas
posted August 06, 2001 09:54 PM            
There, now you can just read this when you have a craving to smoke or use illegal drugs cause coffee and sugar and cookie dough were all it took to do this to me... MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[This message has been edited by Dudymas (edited August 06, 2001).]

IP:

Dudymas
posted August 06, 2001 10:21 PM            
all the sudden he stops posting... shucks, there goes my fun!

you're such a party pooper

[This message has been edited by Dudymas (edited August 06, 2001).]

IP:

~NK~Berserker
posted August 06, 2001 10:32 PM            
Lo Dudymas,
Tx 4 a lengthy, humurous,and informative posting. Plzd 2 meet u =)
GOD! I hope TM is NOT better than BZ cos my wife has already threatened me with divorce over it. Man i LOVE BZ.....
It sounds that not being able 2 load TM might be a blessin, cos i have a very obsessive nature.
Lookin forward 2 gettin my ass kicked by u (to start with ne way) and would appreciate ne morsels of guidance that that your vastly superior intelligence can throw my way...
=^.)

(hey, thats not bad !dont know if its original i just made it up)

IP:

~NK~Berserker
posted August 06, 2001 10:36 PM            
I havnt gone, im just a v poor typist. Fingers r 4 firing in my book.

IP:

Dudymas
posted August 06, 2001 10:45 PM            
Throw AWAY??? no, I have a bad pitching arm... I'll bet that peeeto can cut my head open and dump the stuff out on you tho, and maybe for free if insurance pays for it... LOL!

Anyhoo, If you need any pointers, I'm just the master of dodge and fire, Cell is the master of fire, although I'm a pyro I'm talking about firing the turret. Peeeto is a master at both, RC I've only played with briefly maybe because it's something I said, RC? And by golly Sheldon is also a master a lock and load like cell, making monolithic battles if ever you've witnessed one. JL is the master of ambushes, cause I'm pretty glad to say I was just surprised, but he missed and I hit him... although he still had the nuke and I was hurt a little (understatement). Also, AFAIK Goldant is very good at team stuff for me at least, since he been saving me on team battles I think (it's been a while since my internet fighting has drastically been cut down due to only one phone line and a sister). That should be more than enough references, but of course this is my opinion and I'm sure that everyone has their own strategdies (and spellings of strategy and/or stratosphere) and it's best to just play online until you get REALLY sick and when you vomit blame it on Bill Gates and everyone believes you (except wives, as I've OBSERVED but never experienced). Finally, be CONSISTENT, find your own technique gradually (none of this "Hey, let's play quickly today" and "hey let's play strategically tomorrow") with little changes here and there and when you figure it out, simply change adversly for a few seconds to trick people (hence my dodging ability) and then go back to it before they know what happened. It's absolutely evil and naughty and the best way to play if you want to have spasms of whimsical silliness like me...... judging by that look I guess not, so I'll go whimper and see if someone will pet me *wags tail and starts whimpering next to peeeto*.

IP:

~NK~Berserker
posted August 06, 2001 11:00 PM            
Man....
I like the cut of your jib. ur funny and humble, i hope we can become good TM buddies in the future.

ps. The NK in my name means Natural Killer, its an elite clan in BZ.(i will be starting an NK clan in TM if its the done thing) I hope i can make make the same sort of impact in the TM arena.
regards ~NK~Berserker
pps. i hope my pc is up 2 it. I've only got a 266 with a voodoo 3 on 56k (plays BZ lovely though) but this game might b a bit more demanding on it..

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 07, 2001 01:46 AM            
hi mark, if you wanna run NK in TM, i suggest you register over at www.deathmatch-federation.com and provide an NK banner with a link to the clansite and a list of the ppl who intend to play

welcome on board friend, hope u do persevere and enjoy TM as much as th rest of us nutters

can i just say to the rest of TM too .. mark (berzerker) was in dnx 2 years ago in battlezone, so were not strangers as such.

Enjoy mark, once you get all the addouns in place - you'll havea right ball of a time no mistake ! and when u play my bz3 mod, you wont ever look at bz ever again

i promise

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 07, 2001 10:18 AM         
LOL, You will have a left ball of a good time too! :P (Silly Brits, when will they learn to talk English gooder as us Yanks?)

------------------
The Weatherman [BWL]
The Weatherman's Generic Homepage
Now with stuff!

IP:

Dudymas
posted August 09, 2001 08:30 PM            
LOL, thnx for the complements, and as for friendship, we're all friends here, or we're ants, or we're purple aardvarks, or we're hawks, or even toilets. Okay, I think I'll go away for a bit though, I've had very little playing and I need to keep up my practice... until then check out these coil gun websites... heheheh, wish I had some 300 dollar cells like this guy does: www.powerlabs.org

IP:

Dudymas
posted August 09, 2001 08:42 PM            
EGAD!!!! I THINK I'M GOING TO LOSE MY SANITY!!!! AHHHHHH... wait, already lost it, never mind. My grandfather keeps going to and fro behind me to look at this new van he bought, chewing with his mouth open on some pruny smelling granola bars I think... don't make me check what they are. He farts repeatedly and looks over my shoulders, tripping on the chair legs and putting his hands on my shoulders which have not only been touching a car but I'm not about to go into what else... AHHHHH! and he just pressed the doorbell button instead of the garage door button for our garage... and he WON'T STOP IT! He keeps coming back and I think I'll need tissues for the moniter if he keeps chewing with his mouth open. OH PTL HE'S BEEN GONE FOR 5 MINUTES NOW! Worse yet, I think he's wearing boxers and he's renown for not checking his flap. What kind of INSIDEOUS EEEEEVILS must a boy suffer in his short time-span of enjoyable living before he must find a career. Who knows what's next, my mom said she had to bear finding he had a 3 inch hole on the crotch of his pants yesterday from getting battery acid on them... worse yet, when it was discovered they were in the middle of shopping in Wal-Mart... *thumbs up* but I didn't go with her! AWESOME. Better yet, he's working on a house with us and already he's been scaring me with this battery he's trying to change, and keeps touching the charger's gator clamps together making sparks go everywhere... serves him right if that old battery leaks some hydrogen gas and the thing explodes... but that won't hurt him since it'll take a few seconds before the flame from such travels inside the battery and detonates it. HEY! Let's make a grandaddy repair powerup on treadmarks that almost destroys your tank and yet looks like a real health repair, MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Or make a weapon, whaddayah say?

IP:

peeeto
posted August 10, 2001 09:31 AM         
wow! Dudy-spam sure is fun to read sometimes!

good luck with your grandpa, dude!

IP:

Dudymas
posted August 10, 2001 02:44 PM            
"Good luck" means that I find a respirator, gogles, and some soundblocking headphones under my chair... or he let's me move the computer into a closet that doesn't have anything of his in it (anywhere else can still cause trouble).

IP:

~NK~Berserker
posted August 10, 2001 08:36 PM            
Thx 2 that took the time 2 try and help me.But alas, it was all 2 no avail.
i have tried all that was suggested & more but Doh!
im now that thinking that the only thing it could be is that a have some sort of virus, to wit and viz this little experience i had:-
I thought id try changing the drivers 4 the cd rom and selected 2 install window default drivers and restartedmy machine. i then proceded (in an orderly fashion) to try and istall TM again. Lo and behold it started installing like a dream .... when it got 2 about 70% i started 2 feel a bit smug cos at last id cracked it.the indicator reached 75% then .......................... ..........................the computer just switched off and restarted itself! i was gobsmacked!!! =(
.and i now dont get all the same options of changing the drivers that i had b4

I AM 'UNCLEAN'(i think)
Bah!

IP:

KONG
posted August 10, 2001 09:20 PM            
i know someone said this, try to install it on another machine. a friends, at work just to see if the cd is bad

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted August 10, 2001 09:41 PM            
if CD is bad i think you can Mail it to LDA and they will send a replacement... Dudymas r you moving back to new york or no???????

IP:

Dudymas
posted August 10, 2001 09:51 PM            
And if the cd gives their system a virus, AWESOME! Err, BAD! *scoots away from Berzerker* Why don't you go to www.webattack.com and see if you can find something to fix this, or try cnet.com or go to pickle.com and wonder what in the world the website is That's my last shred of advice, unless you've got your system cd's with you, it is DEFAULT for systems to have some sorta anti-viral software included and they always give you free updates (except for Panda software *shakes fist* doesn't let you run Tread Marks and it does everything it can to get money and if it can't it simply slows your system... mine is scarred, it seems, and it never runs quite as fast as I'd like it to... ). Also, I myself have had windows experiences in which you must reinstall the drivers since sometimes windows will be operating some driver and, in it's buggy operation, crash and totally fry the data it was using (hence my dozens of copies of stuff on my computer). It took just one crash to knock out the dial-up part of my system and we had to reinstall just to be able to dial-up our internet service, but this is a compaq computer in Colorado I'm talking about, and to #!)_*^!_# with all HP and Compaq computers that are older versions since usually they aren't expandable enough to do hardly anything (new ones now are better). When worse goes to worse, go get an abs entertainment/gaming computer for about 20 hundred buckeroos and you'll prolly be able to be back in no time. And don't forget to get an octane 2 from sgi.com with some double xeon processors and a 2000 dollar wildcat 4000 video card if you can afford it so I can steal it from you

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 10, 2001 11:34 PM            
Go to My Compuer,select your hard drive,right click and select Format.KIDDING
Do you have a burner by chance?You could copy the CD onto another and try that.And make sure the CD is clean.And make sure you delete everything TM before you try to install.If that don't help I don't know what to tell ya.

IP: