|
Author Topic:   Where are all of the servers?
Paranor
posted August 06, 2001 06:23 PM            
05:28 pm CST - only 1 KASPLATT server is up. OY! What's up? I'm throwing a server together for giggles.

IP:

oli2808
posted August 06, 2001 06:43 PM            
very strange that........

IP:

Dudymas
posted August 06, 2001 10:04 PM            
Now now, don't be so rash as to put up your own server unless you know that children are watching... I MEAN AREN'T!!!

Oh dear, I feel alone here, where's peeeeto, I need him to post silly things again, this bbs board is FAR to solemn.

LOL I remember when the only time I ever launched a server was because Goldant and I failed to find JL (btw, JL, did you know there are gloves made by a company with your insignia??? FUN!!! you're famous for gauntlets now!) and so since we couldn't DOS his computer with commands of setting up a server first GoldAnt, then I tried to set one up. EACH STINKIN TIME I would wait 5 minutes for the thing to load after countless attempts to logon to it, then I'd get a nuke or a shadow keeper, and the thing would fail JUST as I was about to get GoldAnt... I can still remember his pleas for mercy after nuking me twice or so on the last server JL set up and I was ready to get him... but NOOOOOOO he got away. *starts kicking himself* excuse me while I weep in my own pool of self pitty... wait, make that a bog cause I like to look at carnivorous plants.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 07, 2001 10:27 AM         
Hey Paranor,
Well the server situation is like this:
inixplicably, only 1 Kasplatt server shows on the Master server prog - you have to go through the TM prog to see the other (that is why the master server sometimes shows more players logged then are in visible servers)

My server keeps going TU - am working on it

EDIT: Skan's servers are back up!

No one else is running a full time server.

If any one is interested in serving (full or part time) check out my site for info on how to do it.

------------------
The Weatherman [BWL]
The Weatherman's Generic Homepage
Now with stuff!

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited August 07, 2001).]

IP:

Paranor
posted August 07, 2001 11:47 AM            
Hosting a server is on my list to do in the next couple of weeks.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 07, 2001 06:56 PM         
Okay, my server is now rated extra flakey. If anyone can, please run a demo server asap. I will run servers in the daytime, but I can't at night for now (probably) . We need a reliable demo server to keep bringing in the new blood. Jim?

As always, see my site for detail on running a demo or other server

------------------
The Weatherman [BWL]
The Weatherman's Generic Homepage
Now with stuff!

IP:

Paranor
posted August 07, 2001 09:08 PM            
I've got one going. Only problem is I can't get it to auto-start it using the passed parameter. I'm following SKAN's post. Any help?

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited August 07, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited August 07, 2001).]

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 08, 2001 11:23 AM         
I think that parameter just tells TM which .cfg to use for serving - IOW, use it when you want to keep multiple server files in the same installation of TM

BTW, Thanks for putting up the demo server, Par

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited August 08, 2001).]

IP:

Rommell
posted August 08, 2001 05:46 PM            
Oz was down for virus updates should be running now.

IP: