|
Author Topic:   DDM/RACE - 08/12 08:00 PM EST
Paranor
posted August 06, 2001 10:30 AM            
The next rotation of the schedule is a RACE DDM. As usual it will be at 08:00 PM EST. Check in with this topic for who can/will be hosting the server. I will be out of town camping so cannot make the race or host a server.

PLEASE keep in mind rule #1 for racing - no gate crashing!

IP:

LordDrow
posted August 06, 2001 12:04 PM            
Okay I am willing to host the server this next sunday if nobody else will do so. I have many tanks on my server though and if I host, all players will need to download the tank pack sets I will be sending to Dreamer and Desolation1900. Let me know if that is okay or not with everyone.

Thanks,

=MM=LordDrow

IP:

Paranor
posted August 06, 2001 04:49 PM            
TY LordDrow.

It's my understanding that DDM's are based on "stock" tanks and weapons. Don't know if it's time to change but I personally vote for stock items.

You can also copy your TM directory to another directory, delete the ADDONS and have a basic server running from there without moding your main TM setup.

But I won't be at this one so it doesn't matter what I say.

thx
[BWL] Paranor

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited August 06, 2001).]

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 06, 2001 05:41 PM         
Sure LD, it would be great to have you serve. I don't know how much you have tweaked your settings, but i have a semi-faq (thanks Skan) posted on my site that gets into specifics that the .cfg comments don't touch.

I think stock tanks are the way to go, especially for races. However, modded weapons are another story. I wouldn't mind seeing some weapons mods in a D-race setting (or any other sunday meeting) as long as they are not obscenely powerful (ala the shadow) or mess up the course too much (like the green shadow). I liked the weaons that I had on my race server with the exception of the tornado - a well place tornado can win the game if you are in the lead.

Of course, voting is the way to go with it.

Edit - not saying the shadow should not be there, just that it should be toned down
------------------
The Weatherman [BWL]
The Weatherman's Generic Homepage
Now with stuff!

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited August 06, 2001).]

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 10, 2001 02:09 PM         
So, are you still go for hosting the race server, Lord Drow? I haven't seen much chatter about it lately...

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted August 10, 2001 02:22 PM            
I didn't even see this. I vote stock tanks only, wouldn't want someone to have an unfair advantage. modded wepons is fine. Wouldn't mind seeing the 240mm

IP:

LordDrow
posted August 10, 2001 07:21 PM            
Still willing to host, as long as I don't get an unexpected call for a gig this sunday. As far as unfair advantages. None of my custom tanks so far has an unfair advantage. Heavy firepower? Yes, but only usable in the proper terrain. Baneblade has to be on rolling terrain to be useful in close range combat, catch it on the flat with only its main gun available, and stock tanks kill it in a real hurry, Bonaparte is fast and has a slightly ruder than standard main gun, but is VERY light on armor (240 mm and up is a guaranteed kill no matter how much armor it has left). Any questions regarding the tanks on my server can be posted here or in other areas.

=MM=LordDrow

IP: