|
Author Topic:   demo server oddities
Rex R
posted August 04, 2001 02:37 PM            
was just on the server when it started getting goofy with the msg's one of them said 'you fragged ___ with a ramdrill' did this 4 times and other multiple msg's

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 05, 2001 02:21 AM         
I don't know what is up with my servers. I have seen similar errors on other servers. If you are being credited with multiple kills, that is a problem, If no, that is a real annoyance. currently , my servers are down due to unexplained problems with my server. Tomorrow I am going to do a fresh install of win 98 - i think the win 2k installation is buggy and my box is too old to really handle it. They should be back for the DCTF tomorrow, but no promises. I advise that everyone interested in playing should have the kasplatt mods pack downloaded in case the DCTF server is still out of wack, I am really sorry about this instability - I don't really know what the problem is.

IP:

Rex R
posted August 05, 2001 02:48 AM            
wasn't getting credit for the 'spam' kills, only the yellow msg was the official the others were like echos. more annoyance than anything. don't forget any of the sacrificial items and rituals when you attempt the reinstall, good luck.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 05, 2001 12:56 PM         
Hehe - anyone have a small child they don't need? I am running the servers off of my laptop right now and they seem fine. I am reinstalling the os onto the old server which will go online soon. Ill be here (at school) until about 6 est. Hopefully any problems will manifest by that time. If the old server is still buggy, I will leave my trusty laptop running the server.

IP:

KONG
posted August 05, 2001 04:08 PM            
WM - can u tell me how to setup the demo server? this way i can put one up sometimes and take some of the load.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 05, 2001 05:20 PM         
Check out my website for info on creating a demo server. I will be updating it soon with more info on the details of setting up a server (thanks, Skan)

------------------
The Weatherman [BWL]
The Weatherman's Generic Homepage
Now with stuff!

IP:

KONG
posted August 07, 2001 09:07 AM            
wm - gonna be at least a week b4 i get the network mess sorted out.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 07, 2001 09:52 AM         
Well whenever it is go it will be welcome . My demo server continues to crash - I believe it is a driver problem - I'll be chewing on it today...

IP: