|
Author Topic:   DDM/CTF THIS SUNDAY - 08/05 - 8:00PM EST
Paranor
posted August 03, 2001 12:46 AM            
Well, since only 4 people voted on the poll and nobody has said anything to the contrary I'll assume everyone is OK with the rotation schedule that was discussed up in a previous topic? I would like to insert a link but now I can't see it anymore. ????

That means this sunday (08/05) at 8:00PM EST would be a 3 match CTF DDM. No specific clan vs clan - just whomever ends up on the team for each game. It will give us a chance to play with/against each other which is one of the more enjoyable parts of TM.

My PC that could host a server is dead in the water. Can anyone setup a CTF server for this Sunday? I hate to keep bugging Skandranon unless you still don't mind to set something up.

thanks

------------------
[BWL] Paranor
Do not meddle in the affairs of netadmins for they are subtle and quick to anger.

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited August 03, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited August 03, 2001).]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 03, 2001 01:52 AM            
I'll make it to this one for sure

------------------
Mod Packs,Weekly Polls,Links, and Other Files...Storage/Download

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 03, 2001 12:48 PM         
I can serve if Skan's is not up. I'll change my server to DCTF today.

Where did all of the other servers go? Can anyone else host servers - even small # of player servers? LD, can you put your server back up? Supe, maybe now is the time for the server you had lined up. Perhaps LDA could put up an official demo server? I like having my demo server because I can chat up new players - help them with play issues and push the full, but I have been wanting to play with mod servers lately too.

------------------
The Weatherman [BWL]
The Weatherman's Generic Homepage
Now with stuff!

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited August 03, 2001).]

IP:

desolation1900
posted August 03, 2001 01:07 PM            
I'm in for the game. I'm fine with the schedule, we can always see what happens and if people get sick of CTF we can move to something else.

I can't seem to get my machine to want to host a server. It will load just fine, but when someone connects to the server, windows closes the program. I'm not sure what is going on, but I'm working on it. I would like to add my support and run a server if I can.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 03, 2001 01:34 PM         
BTW, does anyone have a dedicated.cfg with all of the CTF maps listed, or a list of the CTF maps. I can't really hunt those down right now..... Any help would be most appreciated.

Des, I hope you can get it going. Talk to Skandy on ICQ about serving. He is pretty much the authority on such matters and a wiz with windows too. You wouldn't believe the amount of help he has given me (thx, Skan )

IP:

LordDrow
posted August 03, 2001 02:31 PM            
Yes, I can bring my server back up. It has actually been running a lot lately, but haven't been broadcasting due to lots of beta testing. Will need to have a list of weapons people would like to see in the game though, as the only addons I am using are tanks right now.

=MM=LordDrow

IP:

LordDrow
posted August 03, 2001 02:40 PM            
Oh, and if the group chooses to play on my server, I will have to post a tank pack for it. I have a ton of new tanks (some everyone knows about, others that haven't really even seen the light of day yet). But I think would be fun to play with some of the new tanks floating around. Especially some of the ones I have built. }:-P
Let me know if anyone is interested in that, and if so, I will post a tank pack for my server tomorrow pending okays from builders of the new tanks.

=MM=LordDrow

IP:

desolation1900
posted August 03, 2001 03:38 PM            
I've spent the last few hours working with my server; and still no luck. I got it to stop giving me fatal exception errors, but now it just gives me page faults. Something is conflicting with it in my memory. I'll keep playing with it, but I have a feeling it has alot to do with my motherboard wearing out. Two of my DIMM slots are dead, and my CPU runs about 20-30 degrees hotter than normal; even with extra fans. Its on it's way out I'm afraid.

LordDrow, if you need a place to host your tank pack let me know and I can toss it on my server space if you'd like. New tanks are always good. Though, I've noticed Boneparte isn't too happy with the Afterburner. Often when I'm playing AI I will see a boneparte go spinning across the horizon with a huge jet-flame emitting from it's rear.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 03, 2001 05:06 PM         
Okay, DCTF is online. Please give it a test and let me know if there are any problems. Everybody try to get on it before Sat Afternoon - possibly my last chance to fix errors.

IP:

LordDrow
posted August 03, 2001 09:00 PM            
LOL..... Yeah, I had noticed that. I think it is due to it being a fairly small and already screaming fast tank, throw the Afterburner into the mix, and it becomes uncontrollable in a real hurry. Okay, will get the Tank Pack put together tonight, and send to you. Will also send it to Dreamer and setup a server. DDM or CTF for my server folks?

=MM=LordDrow

IP:

lordbyron
posted August 03, 2001 11:01 PM            
Hey Drow,

The prob. w/ the bonaparte and the afterburner is this tank (and the Voyager also) has a non-standard center of mass. The afterburner explodes at 0,0 along the xy-axis. If the tank isn't positioned properly, this causes probs. (Remember the probs. I'm having w/ the BG model? Same issue.)

--lb

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 04, 2001 12:37 AM         
OK, the CTF server is really a 6 map DM server right now. they are all CTF maps but the dedicated.cfg is not right yet. I think I need to turn team scoring on. I will fix it tomorrow

IP:

TurdHeart
posted August 05, 2001 09:39 AM            
Hey all. I'm a long ways away this week-end, so I'll hafta miss out on the action. But y'all PLAY NICE!!!

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted August 06, 2001 02:08 AM            
todays activities were, fun. And very difficult to win, my teams always were very independent and had no real group strategy.

IP:

Paranor
posted August 06, 2001 10:39 AM            
Yes, that was definately different and enjoyable. I pretty much was on the same team as you on all of the matches and didn't notice much synergy and thus got blasted by SU, SKAN and company often.

It was a learning experience for me - next time I'm going to chat more to see who is where doing what instead of going with the flow and get hacked to pieces. (note: no complaining to anyone or about anyone - just noticed what team had more of the experienced CTF players on it. )

Good to see SKAN playing again and many thanks to WM for the server.

Someone brought up that 20 minutes was too short for CTF and I would agree. Shall we make CTF matches 30 minutes in length?

------------------
[BWL] Paranor
Bow before me, for I am root.

IP:

LordDrow
posted August 06, 2001 12:08 PM            
Myself, I had a great time last night. Was a real ton of fun. }:-)
Yes, using team chat is important during a CTF. Most of the otherside did the same basic thing. Run off helter skelter after the enemy flag. CTF is quite different from DDM simply because you need to remember, you have to defend simultaneously to attacking. I spent most of the game defending, except on the ice field. That map is so darned small that Attack and Defence was non-stop all over the place. }:-)

=MM=LordDrow

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 06, 2001 04:35 PM            
Yes,I think it is something we should do often so we can develope a sense of team play.We are so used to DDM's where it's everybody for themselves that it's hard to convet to CTF team play.
I had fun and it was a welcomed change.Thx for everybody that showed and made it possible

IP: