|
Author Topic:   map stuff
Jason
posted August 01, 2001 05:14 AM            
Perhaps someone has mentioned this before, but what i think would be cool is tread marks in urban environments as well. Sort of like Counter-strike with tanks, except not really.

And if you can do them artifact statue things, buildings and stuff shouldn't be too much of a problem... right?

IP:

peeeto
posted August 01, 2001 09:23 AM         
right-o, Jason... that would be a fun map! been thinking about that one for a long time, but we'd need some way of blowing up the buildings (of course), and i haven't been able to think of how to make destructible "sculptures".

except maybe this way: create dummy tanks (like on the training maps) that look like buildings, then set the re-spawn rate very high so the buildings don't re-spawn. a major down-side to this method is that i don't think that there is a way to control the orientation of the "buildings" when they are first spawned.

IP:

LordDrow
posted August 01, 2001 10:15 AM            
Thats just one of the many things I will again be going over in this weekends meeting. I too would like to see destroyable building and a way for tanks to interact ever more with the environment. Things like ambushes using buildings, a radar that would become somewhat unreliable within a cityscape, etc. and lots of other ideas.

Hope to see you both there.

LordDrow

P.S. Drop me a line soon Peeto, would love to discuss some of this stuff with you directly sometime.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted August 01, 2001 11:32 AM            
Well...I haven't tried to do an urban map yet. It will be extremely hard to make roadbed a different texture then the terrain...but I may try.

Once we get that part done we can go back and add buildings...

--RC

IP:

LordDrow
posted August 01, 2001 11:57 AM            
Hmmmmm, that is one of the parts of desigining an urban setting I have been wondering about. Roads. Would love to hear your idea's RC and hope to see you at the discussion. }:-)

LordDrow

IP: