Author Topic:   No more spam!!!!!!!
coax
Administrator
posted August 01, 2001 02:35 AM            
I never want to get this message or any other ones like this again

quote:

You have a received a URL request.
URL:http://www.icq.com/users/removesur.htm
URL's description: We are now in the process of removing all users, as we are aware many people have multiple accounts that they do not use. Please forward this to people on your list, so your account can be determined as active.

Thankyou,
ICQ Database Manager
It was added to your bookmark's file

When I get ICQed by it 20 different times by different people its insane. If you gonna send spam send it to someone else please.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted August 01, 2001 10:22 PM            
GRRRRRRRRRRRRR ME 2! But i only got like 8 of those. And 2 months ago or seomthing like that there was one for napster going around saying if this got forwarded napster could stay BAH! Garbage Humbug *trots back into anthill*

IP:

KONG
posted August 01, 2001 10:26 PM            
i got 2 of them from ld and matrix. i just deleted them.

IP:

LordDrow
posted August 01, 2001 10:29 PM            
Well, over the last few days I have gotten a lot more than that, but didn't really feel a need to name names. I apologize for passing that on. Won't happen again.

LordDrow

IP:

KONG
posted August 01, 2001 10:49 PM            
sorry for naming names but i didnt think that it was a bad thing. i am not up on nettiquette. but i think passing spam or chain mail along is considered to b in poor taste. did not mean yo embaress anyone.

SORRY

i think if i got that message i would let them delete my account before i bothered anyone about it. it only takes 10 minutes to open a new account.

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited August 01, 2001).]

if anyone gets this message from me, its not from me. and i would expect someone to let me know about it!

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited August 01, 2001).]

IP:

uck
posted August 05, 2001 09:54 AM            
why is spam, called spam? what exactly is spam besides that yummy delicious war time food product?

IP:

Rex R
posted August 05, 2001 08:54 PM            
Spam = spiced ham. the G.I.'s took to not liking it when it was the only meat they had(there is only just so much you can do to serve it) then when the folks back home where able to buy a tin of it(civilian supply was short/rationed, WWII) the inclination was to send it to their loved one over seas at a time when they couldn't stand to look at another can of it...(took my father some 40-50 years before he could stand to look at/eat spam)so it got a bad reputation. not sure just how it relates to junk e-mail

IP:

Vlad
posted August 05, 2001 09:22 PM            
Well, based on the description that you just gave (never knew about the whole GI thing), it makes perfect sense.

The loved ones sent the meat to the GIs, and the GIs didn't want it at all.

Sending junk that people can't stand...

IP: