|
Author Topic:   Next ?
Randy
posted July 31, 2001 07:52 PM            
Ok guys, we've been over this before and incase you haven't already figured this out, i'm a newbie as you say. The ? is now that i now have winzip but i still don't get it with moving the zip to the TM root directory. I know what you mean, move from desktop and extrct to root directory but TM isn't in the root directory. I've installed and uninstalled but its not there. Also i can play online for so long then i get thrown to the desktop. Once that happens i go back into TM and it comes up with that could not initialize open GL. I'll have to live with that. Thanks!

IP:

Rex R
posted July 31, 2001 08:15 PM            
Re; unzipping/extracting
we don't mean extract to the root directory of the drive but, rather as an example c;\program files\tread marks1.5 not ~tread marks1.5\addons(substitute appropriate drive directory sub-directory info as needed). or nother way to look at it extract to the dir/folder where TM resides and winzip will put the mod files where they belong(in the proper sub-directories)

IP:

Dreamer (BWL/MG)
posted July 31, 2001 08:28 PM            
Just a subthread, perhaps, but I have grown to like PowerArchiver - true freeware and hardly less powerful (and almost even more user-friendly) than WinZip.
I simply love the interface and the Windows right-click-menu integration.

But then again, I've always preferred ARJ over ZIP and I never quite liked Norton Commander... D0S r00lz!

IP:

Dreamer (BWL/MG)
posted July 31, 2001 08:29 PM            
ooops - just saw that the latest version is not freeware anymore... sorry.

IP:

LordDrow
posted August 01, 2001 02:46 AM            
Yes, but powerarchiver overall blows winzip out of the water.
www.powerarchiver.com archival program of the gods!

}:-)

LordDrow

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 01, 2001 09:00 AM            
i prefer Winace myself - howvere, i dont have the url : maybe www.download.com will have it ?

IP:

LordDrow
posted August 01, 2001 10:16 AM            
heheheheh.... Just go to www.winace.com you will find all your winace needs there Matrix.
}:-P

=MM=LordDrow

IP:

Dudymas
posted August 01, 2001 04:56 PM            
I agree that powerarchiver is awesome, but I hate the nag screen now, thankfully I have a recent freeware version or you can download an older version in a different language. Fun fun fun

IP: