|
Author Topic:   LDA please read - low priority
synack
posted July 31, 2001 05:42 PM         
Tom / Jim,

When you get a chance, you might wish to consider updating the version number that the Master Client tells people they need. It still says 1.5.9. Or, since you're nearing a new release, just wait until it's out and update the Master Client to reflect that rev.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 31, 2001 07:47 PM            
synack dude, M/C is an unsupported buggy piece of rushed "do the job" code.

when 1.6.1 hits town the chat room and most of the functions will be incorporated in-game menu system - and m/c will most likely cease to be available.

i cant be sure of course and i dont speak for LDA, but reading into previous posts on the subject - this is the expected outcome.

IP:

Rex R
posted July 31, 2001 09:37 PM            
from what I've seen this msg comes from the master server

IP:

synack
posted August 01, 2001 04:16 AM         
Rixy - understood.
Rex R - That was my thought as well. Probably a simple thing to change, if they're interested.

IP:

Rex R
posted August 01, 2001 04:27 AM            
possibly as simple as editing the server's config file(dunno how the master is set up). but since you don't generally see the chat msg from the game menu...

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 01, 2001 08:59 AM            
ya both have good points, but whats the point in updating software that will be obsolete in a month anyway - as for the server, yeah i agree, that needs addressing.

besides, i used to launch with M/C and i never saw anyone in the chatroom EVER !

IP:

synack
posted August 01, 2001 10:04 AM         
If it will indeed become obsolete with 1.6.1, then obviously there's no point in updating the m/c.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted August 01, 2001 11:35 AM            
Speaking of the m/c, the best modification to that should be adding a "ping" button so that pings only when you press it. Thats a large reason why I don't use the m/c is the constant pinging (and the fact it crashes after about an hour of use each time...)

--RC

IP:

Paranor
posted August 01, 2001 03:21 PM            
I live off of MC - it would be nice if it or a future version/spawn of it would list "who" is on the servers.

------------------
[BWL] Paranor
Do not meddle in the affairs of netadmins for they are subtle and quick to anger.

IP:

LordDrow
posted August 01, 2001 03:40 PM            
Nice idea Paranor. Like the sound of that one.

LordDrow

IP: