|
Author Topic:   Question for Lda
GoldAnt_Number1
posted July 31, 2001 11:30 AM            
A w hile back you guys were talking about moving treads......... i was just curious. Would homemade tanks be able to have movable treads? and if so how?

IP:

LordDrow
posted July 31, 2001 12:04 PM            
From the sounds of it, will be awhile before we see that capability. So might as well just let them work on what they have going for us and not pressure too much regarding things we won't see for awhile yet.

Personally, I very much expect to see moving treads being available to us for new tanks. I am curious as well. But not so curious as to stress myself about it. I am just happy they are eventually going to arrive. And looking VERY forward to seeing moving treads on my Bonaparte Tank. }:-)

=MM=LordDrow

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 31, 2001 09:41 PM            
If you made the tank textures gif's with layers and transparency, you may be able to animate things pretty well... but that may really mess up the current luv system since I'd also like for different layers to have different properties (like an animated logo that goes all the time while the treads only animate when you move around)

IP:

LordDrow
posted August 01, 2001 12:04 PM            
Something of that nature might work, but my question would be how to I get the animated gif to work in my bmp texture? or would I have to create the gif based partially on the luv? And how do I indicate to the engine that the animation for the treads should only work when the tank is in motion?
Little things like that. If you have any suggestions though, I am all ears Dudy.

=MM=LordDrow

IP:

Rex R
posted August 01, 2001 01:22 PM            
only thing I can think of at the moment is that the treads/tank would use an .img instead of bmp(img=chain of bmp's,not intirely sure how one would make them) since some textures in TM are already animated (tree leaves I think)

IP: